Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies
Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »
A few years younger than Mullin, love that Lou still calls him Mo. That was all we called in my neighborhood growing up. Never heard him called that after St. Johns career. Anybody know the origin of that knickname?

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
That press conference was great.  Home run...   Gempesaw was clear as to why he wanted Mullin.  Can sense the true love that Mullin and the rest have for the school.   Mullin is a straight shooter.   Could even sense the pride from Tarik when he was on the mic.  We handed the keys to the program to the program's biggest fans, and more than capable ones at that.  Very proud day.  Hire a great staff and I know we will get this thing done. 

paultzman

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Chris Obekpa Meets Chris Mullin, May Apologize for Suspension http://t.co/yi7D7gnQSN

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
I've been critical of Tarik in the past, but he did a great job there

MCNPA

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Chris Obekpa Meets Chris Mullin, May Apologize for Suspension http://t.co/yi7D7gnQSN

Good to hear about Obekpa.  He needs to apologize to the SJU community.  The timing of his offense was the egregious part because it let everybody, especially his teammates like D'Lo, Greene, Sir'Dom down... The fans as well.  Fwiw, I doubt Mullin and staff would say no to having him back, especially with the history CM has.  Chris O needs to come clean though.

Wods317

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »
Great job by Chris and whole staff putting this great press conference together. Thought be did an excellent job. Unfortunate that Rysheed a no show? That's pretty ridiculous.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2015, 03:13:12 PM »
Just got back from the press conference so many alumni players there. Anthony mason, Malik boothe, Walter Berry, Pete D'Alessndro the GM of the Sacramento Kings.  Obekpa was there along with most of the retuning players. RYsheed was a no show thought unfortunately.

Tha Kid

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:02 PM »
Just got back from the press conference so many alumni players there. Anthony mason, Malik boothe, Walter Berry, Pete D'Alessndro the GM of the Sacramento Kings.  Obekpa was there along with most of the retuning players. RYsheed was a no show thought unfortunately.

That's great to hear about all except Rysheed.  Can't imagine that bodes well for Rysheed's return, but without knowing what is going on at home and whether or not him and Mullin have talked yet, and how open he is to dedicating himself, I guess we still have to wait and see.  Would have guessed Rysheed and Obekpa would have flipped who was there and not, but encouraging on Chris O.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
Mullin on with Francessa now

Marillac

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »

That's great to hear about all except Rysheed.  Can't imagine that bodes well for Rysheed's return, but without knowing what is going on at home and whether or not him and Mullin have talked yet, and how open he is to dedicating himself, I guess we still have to wait and see.  Would have guessed Rysheed and Obekpa would have flipped who was there and not, but encouraging on Chris O.

It's the last day of classes before Easter break and his m.o. is to head back to Philly during all big breaks.  I would have felt much better if he was present, but no player is bigger than the team.  If he won't grow up, we're better without him.

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:15 PM »
This may be prisoner of the moment, but watching the press conference I got a real Rex Ryan-like feel from Mullin. In terms of how can you not want to play for him. He said the right things and he sounded genuine. It wasn't a bunch of lines like Lavin.

I was at Lavin's press conference, this was night and day.

So excited.

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »
Just said on Francesa that he wants to get in shooters that can space the floor. Sounds better than getting athletes.

MCNPA

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
Just said on Francesa that he wants to get in shooters that can space the floor. Sounds better than getting athletes.

I already like his focus.  Shooters everywhere.  We will be a fast paced scoring team, no doubt and have guys here that can gun.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
-Great Job by the school to open it up to the public.
-The really big hire was the President and the way he is setting the tone for the school.
-It was awesome when Dr. Gempeshaw said I want all my employees to be like Chris. You have arguably the two most important positions that want to be at the school.
-love the terms  our city and our St. John's. This is our team.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »
Great show! Exciting times for sure.

BTW before we crush Rysheed, its 1:30 on a wednesday. Perhaps he had class, the same place many posters were wondering if he has been to since the conclusion of the season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »

BTW before we crush Rysheed, its 1:30 on a wednesday. Perhaps he had class, the same place many posters were wondering if he has been to since the conclusion of the season.
Not counting on him from what I hear.

« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:30 PM »

Disappointing, but fine by me want to get past all the BS and uncertainty he brings. I wish him the best, but" time to s**t or get off the pot."

desco80

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »
I was reading something about Mullin online, I did not know that Chris's wife was his girlfriend at St Johns and that she was mugged walking home from a game.
The friend she was with was murdered in the altercation.

Unbelievable. 

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2015, 04:59:51 PM »
I was reading something about Mullin online, I did not know that Chris's wife was his girlfriend at St Johns and that she was mugged walking home from a game.
The friend she was with was murdered in the altercation.

Unbelievable.
Wow - I never heard that.  The city was 10X rougher in the 70s-80s.

ras

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

Lavin really left the cup board bare.