Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies

Poison

Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »
Wilponzis strike again.  Pathetic. 

My Citi boycott continues.  It sucks because I have a two year old son and will want to take him to games soon.  Wish the Newark Bears still existed (I live in Jersey City).

Wilpon was the victim of a Ponzi scheme. Not the mastermind behind it. Do you know the difference?
it was his second ponzi scheme and he used madoffs money to buyout out Doubleday. Fred Jeff and Saul are clowns. Do not deserve to own this team. SNY is mortgage to the hilt and team continues to take loan after loan. He only owns the team cause of his buddy Selig who told Manfred to continue the charade.

So, if this is his second Ponzi scheme, why isn't he in jail? Or is that just bullshit?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:23:49 AM by Poison »

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »
he was involved in two ponzi schemes where he was apparently a victim

Poison

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2015, 01:09:26 AM »

I get it. The Mets are strapped for cash, and Wilpon's careless investing is the reason why. But, as a long time NY baseball fan, I liken this situation to George Steinbrenner in 1990. Had George been there in the early 90's, he would have most likely traded away what eventually became the foundation for several championship teams.

Wilpon, by investing like a f'n nice person, has actually helped the Mets probably more than he would have if he actually had big money to burn. Because when the Mets have money to burn, they spend it on shit, and they do it with a consistency that only they could maintain. When was the last time the Mets made a big free agent signing, and then that signing turned out to be a good idea?

Correct answer: NEVER

At least now they have an MLB roster and a farm system stacked with guys who throw 97.

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2015, 07:11:08 AM »
Yes, the Mets have incredible young starting pitching.  However, they also have a crap lineup and an abysmal middle infield.  They could have remedied both, but we all know why they didn't.  Such a shame, because the window is there for them to own this town.  Can't believe there are still Wilpon apologists out there.  I will of course still root for Harvey and co.,but unfortunately I will continue to do so from my couch.

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »

My Citi boycott continues.  It sucks because I have a two year old son and will want to take him to games soon.  Wish the Newark Bears still existed (I live in Jersey City).

Wilpon was the victim of a Ponzi scheme. Not the mastermind behind it. Do you know the difference?

Poison, without naming any names, I've met people who know more about the situation than you and I who say the opposite. Wilpon and Madoff were very close according to my info.

redslope

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »

Poison, without naming any names, I've met people who know more about the situation than you and I who say the opposite. Wilpon and Madoff were very close according to my info.

If Wilpon was half the astute business man he claims to be, he would have seen through Madoff's BS.  There are many folks who would have told you that Madoff's returns were too good to be true and advised their clients to avoid him like the plague.  Because we are a litigious nation folks were unwilling to go public with their opinions and just communicated with their customers.  Wilpon was too greedy to even question Madoff and got what he deserved.  Wilpon showed all the business acumen  of Dolan and since both are ruining professional franchises in our city they should be made to sell them now.

Marillac

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »

This is true. They were very close. Jeff and Mark went to high school together.

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »

I get it. The Mets are strapped for cash, and Wilpon's careless investing is the reason why. But, as a long time NY baseball fan, I liken this situation to George Steinbrenner in 1990. Had George been there in the early 90's, he would have most likely traded away what eventually became the foundation for several championship teams.

Wilpon, by investing like a f'n nice person, has actually helped the Mets probably more than he would have if he actually had big money to burn. Because when the Mets have money to burn, they spend it on shit, and they do it with a consistency that only they could maintain. When was the last time the Mets made a big free agent signing, and then that signing turned out to be a good idea?

Correct answer: NEVER

At least now they have an MLB roster and a farm system stacked with guys who throw 97.
Wasn't Delgado a free agent signing?   Albeit nine years ago, but I think he was a free agent.

« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2015, 09:34:44 PM »
I don't care that he is cash strapped, through his own financial ineptitude, but sell the team, don't hold the fans hostage.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »
Foremost part Beltran was a good signing for them. The way you build a solid organization is threw the draft and stock piling talent in the minors, so you can bring those guys up. Along with trades and free agents. You need all three to be a winner. The only time the Mets did it the right way was from 1980-1988. After that Cashen dismantled the team. Mind you Fred Wilpon gained 50 pct ownership after the 1986 Title. When Joe Mac/Phillips built the teams of late 1990's they fleeced the system though Piazza and Leiter trades were much needed.

« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »
Come on mods. This is absurd. These jerks are discussing Wilpon in Mullin Accepts thread. Most of us on on here to learn about Sju basketball. You allow these inconsiderate jerks to hijack posts and it frustrates those of us who are on here   We don't care about what these folks think about Wilpon. And for the jerks who hijack, go on a Mets site already. Have some respect.

Moose

« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »
Come on mods. This is absurd. These jerks are discussing Wilpon in Mullin Accepts thread. Most of us on on here to learn about Sju basketball. You allow these inconsiderate jerks to hijack posts and it frustrates those of us who are on here   We don't care about what these folks think about Wilpon. And for the jerks who hijack, go on a Mets site already. Have some respect.

Sir yes sir
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »
@AdamZagoria: St. John's coach Chris Mullin will throw out the first pitch at Wednesday's Yankee game.

« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2015, 08:43:30 PM »
I love what Mullin is up to paying lip service to round up them New Yorker. It would appear if all goes well his first team would have three Europeans and three Africans
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:44:35 PM by 96 Schermerhorn Street »

MCNPA

« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »
I love what Mullin is up to paying lip service to round up them New Yorker. It would appear if all goes well his first team would have three Europeans and three Africans

There aren't any New Yorkers left this part of the year.  Like zero.  Get the best players.  When Mullin talks about keeping the best New York players home, it isn't lip service.  There just has to be some decent ones available which there aren't now. 

« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »
seriously he had 2 months to band-aid a squad together, lets see what this looks like next spring before you jump ship

« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »

dR3w

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
From Twitter, Mullin said he doesn't have plans to announce the 3rd assistant any time soon.

Also, Jordan's grades have not come in yet, and in regard to Jordan wanting to return 'As far as I know'.

« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Mullin looks great in a Yankees jersey.

PIB

« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »
I bartend also. I was working a fancy wedding. Cocktail hour was busy. I was working with my head down. But I was hearing the guests talking about the 86 mets. They were thanking this one guy. Fred Wilpon.  He ordered multiple tangery and tonics- no tip. Nothing surprising me with him or the mets. Guy has billions and didn't tip a buck.

What a lowlife.