Recruiting Outlook

• 150 replies
Re: Recruiting Outlook
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »
What's the word on Jordan and Obekpa? I think getting a feel for what they are going to do is going to set the strategy on how Mullin and staff recruit. Unless Mullin doesn't want them for whatever reason.

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »
What's the word on Jordan and Obekpa? I think getting a feel for what they are going to do is going to set the strategy on how Mullin and staff recruit. Unless Mullin doesn't want them for whatever reason.

jordan not being there today speaks volumes.  he doesn't care.

sju89tr

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »

Exactly and it's a slap in the face to Mullin and the University.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:25:52 PM by sju89tr »

redslope

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »

Listening to Chris today, he wants kids who practice, practice, practice. He does not want kids who ask if practice is over but rather those who were like him and turn out the lights.  It is a shame if Sheed can not buy in to the philosophy because he appears to have a great upside which could only blossom under Chris.. If he walks away from this chance, I'm sure NBA GM's will notice the lack of devotion to his craft
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:48:23 PM by redslope »

MCNPA

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »
Just a FYI on Josh Cunningham

@TravisHines21: Josh Cunningham, who ISU (Abdelmassih at point) recruited out of HS, is transferring from Bradley, per @michaelsobrien. Name to watch.

Would love Cunningham, who we also recruited even if he has to sit a year.  It helps balance things out and kid is truly a good player.

desco80

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
If he walks away from this chance, I'm sure NBA GM's will notice the lack of devotion to his craft

That's reading a bit too much into it.   If he declares they'll think he's another kid who went pro prematurely because he didn't grow up with financial security and wanted to play for $ finally. 
That's all.      Not returning to play for Mullin specifically won't earn him any additional criticism from GMs. 

Marillac

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
Assuming (or hoping) we land 6'6 Lee and 6'7 Williams--both of whom  I love as recruits--and have both Obekpa and Sampson on the team, we would still need a point guard with or without Jordan. 

A couple of things fall the right way and we can end up being really good next season after all. 

hnk

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
I don't think we/he have any idea whether he's coming back yet.  He'll meet w Coach Lavin and then maybe we'll have an idea.

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »
I don't think we/he have any idea whether he's coming back yet.  He'll meet w Coach Lavin and then maybe we'll have an idea.

Agree Freudian slip you mean Mullin.

hnk

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 06:08:33 PM »
Oooops.

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »
Well if anyone can tell him if the NBA thinks he is ready... it's Mullin.

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »

Chris M said students are on break and Jordan isn't on campus. I would imagine he is back home in Philly so in this instance let's give the kid a break.

Foad

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 08:05:15 PM »
Oooops.

Not a big deal here but make sure you don't call out his name next time you're at it, broads hate that.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »
Rawle Alkins just got an offer from the johnnies, said he has been waiting for it.
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »
@Iam_RawleAlkins: Finally got that St.Johns Offer I've been wanting !
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »

Chris M said students are on break and Jordan isn't on campus. I would imagine he is back home in Philly so in this instance let's give the kid a break.

Agreed.  Let's stop bashing the kid.  He's got to sort things out and there will be a time and place when he and Coach will talk.

There is no need to insinuate anything.  This was a great day for SJU and more to follow.

paultzman

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »

Agreed.  Let's stop bashing the kid.  He's got to sort things out and there will be a time and place when he and Coach will talk.

There is no need to insinuate anything.  This was a great day for SJU and more to follow.
I saw Henderson was also home  in Orlando, so we can't conclude anything. Mullin seemed sincere about wanting to meet with Jordan, noting how talented he was. We'll see, but you are right. This has been a great day & beginning.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:43:05 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »

I already think Rysheed showed a bit more maturity at the end of the season.  Whether he decides to take that next step with Chris remains to be seen.  He's crazy if he doesn't take this next year as his blueprint to begin a journey to becoming a polished professional. Long way to go, but next year might be his best chance.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:45:42 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
Some fans probably traveled the same distance as Philly to get to the press conference.

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »
Some fans probably traveled the same distance as Philly to get to the press conference.
Let it go.  Let's wait and see on this. No one's going to con a Brooklyn guy. He's done and heard it all