Starting 5 ---2015/16?

• 160 replies
Re: Starting 5 ---2015/16?
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »
Did I miss something?

Terry Larrier? Is there some buzz about him transferring to us?

No, just a wish on that one. For that spot, I'd like a good transfer player who needs to redshirt, but that was 100% wishing and dreaming on him.

PIB

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Did I miss something?

Terry Larrier? Is there some buzz about him transferring to us?

No, just a wish on that one. For that spot, I'd like a good transfer player who needs to redshirt, but that was 100% wishing and dreaming on him.

Hahaha Would be nice.

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
Marcus Lovett
Rysheed Jordan
Durand Johnson
Darien Williams
Chris Obekpa

Off the bench

Ron Mvouika
Malik Ellison
Amar Amarillac
Yankuba Sima
Felix Balamou
Jay Henderson

This is at worst a bubble team imo.

sju89tr

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2015, 02:00:44 PM »
As of right now

Jordan Ellison Johnson Williams Obekpa
Off Bench M'Voulka Amar Sima Felix Jones in that order

Hopefully a point guard like Mussini or Lovett comes in and sends Ellison to bench as the 6th or 7th man

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2015, 02:02:44 PM »
As of right now

Hopefully a point guard like Mussini or Lovett comes in and sends Ellison to bench as the 6th or 7th man

I don't see Mussini a starter just yet

MCNPA

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »
Marcus Lovett
Rysheed Jordan
Durand Johnson
Darien Williams
Chris Obekpa

Off the bench

Ron Mvouika
Malik Ellison
Amar Amarillac
Yankuba Sima
Felix Balamou
Jay Henderson

Exactly how I see it if we can get Lovett in here.  Hopefully Larrier sits a year with our final ship.

sju89tr

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
As of right now

I personally don't either as his frame needs work
Lovett is more built to start
I just worry about Jordan not being clean with the ball as a full time PG

TONYD3

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
Have the best juco PG's signed yet? Are we looking at any other PGs?

desco80

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
I have no problem with Jordan starting as pg.   We need another pg on the roster obviously, but Rysheed will be fine as the starter playing with 2 wings.   
That's not a concern for me.   I'd like to see us add a little more scoring punch.   Lovett could help with that in the sense that he can score a little and would enable Jordan to play off the ball.

But if we end up with Jordan playing PG and Durrand J off the ball, that's fine, as long as we add a SF or another SG capable of starting.

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »
I have no problem with Jordan starting as pg.   We need another pg on the roster obviously, but Rysheed will be fine as the starter playing with 2 wings.   
That's not a concern for me.   I'd like to see us add a little more scoring punch.   Lovett could help with that in the sense that he can score a little and would enable Jordan to play off the ball.

But if we end up with Jordan playing PG and Durrand J off the ball, that's fine, as long as we add a SF or another SG capable of starting.

Exactly, Sheed can be our starting pg and flourish at it IMO, we just need a backup on the roster.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »
Marcus Lovett
Rysheed Jordan
Durand Johnson
Darien Williams
Chris Obekpa

Off the bench

Ron Mvouika
Malik Ellison
Amar Amarillac
Yankuba Sima
Felix Balamou
Jay Henderson

Amar Amarillac - just saw this - hysterical

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

Exactly, Sheed can be our starting pg and flourish at it IMO, we just need a backup on the roster.

I agree he has all the skills to flourish as our pg.  On the other hand, he looked really good last year when playing off the ball, and I think he could be even better next year at the 2 with a point guard that could get him the ball in a better position to score (which I think is jordan's strongest asset).  I think his shooting %s go way up if he plays off the ball.  A lot really depends on what the other option is (i.e. who will be the other sg or pg), which seems up in the air right now.

sju89tr

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
Marcus Lovett
Rysheed Jordan
Durand Johnson
Darien Williams
Chris Obekpa

Off the bench

Ron Mvouika
Malik Ellison
Amar Amarillac
Yankuba Sima
Felix Balamou
Jay Henderson

Amar Amarillac - just saw this - hysterical

LOL

Tha Kid

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2015, 03:52:13 PM »
As of right now

Intending this to be illustrative, and not predictive, but Stephen Curry didnt even reach 6 feet until some point during his freshman year, and I can't imagine he was more than 165ish pounds at that point.  Thus, build alone is no reason to doubt Mussini as a freshman....however, he also doesnt have an NBA pedigree which couldnt have hurt Steph.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »

I agree he has all the skills to flourish as our pg.  On the other hand, he looked really good last year when playing off the ball, and I think he could be even better next year at the 2 with a point guard that could get him the ball in a better position to score (which I think is jordan's strongest asset).  I think his shooting %s go way up if he plays off the ball.  A lot really depends on what the other option is (i.e. who will be the other sg or pg), which seems up in the air right now.

I think he just looked really good late last year playing on and off the ball. His whole game came together. But your point is well taken and I am all for Sheed playing off the ball plenty, just disagree with the notion that we cant win big with him at the point.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »

I think he just looked really good late last year playing on and off the ball. His whole game came together. But your point is well taken and I am all for Sheed playing off the ball plenty, just disagree with the notion that we cant win big with him at the point.

I agree with you guys completely.   I think, in general, Sheed was great in the second half of the season.
I also see a good argument for why he may be better suited playing off the ball.  There's some good rationale for that.
And a lot depends on who else we add.    But if Sheed is the starting point guard, that's not going to be a weakness. 
The key is finding another piece in the backcourt, if it's a pg great, if it's a combo or shooter .. that's fine too.

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
As of right now

Intending this to be illustrative, and not predictive, but Stephen Curry didnt even reach 6 feet until some point during his freshman year, and I can't imagine he was more than 165ish pounds at that point.  Thus, build alone is no reason to doubt Mussini as a freshman....however, he also doesnt have an NBA pedigree which couldnt have hurt Steph.

LoVett isn't that much bigger than Mussini.

sju89tr

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
As of right now

He looks like a stronger body

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
As of right now

He looks like a stronger body

He does, but I've seen LoVett listed at 5-11,6-0 and 165 lbs. I think either would be a great get.

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »
Aside from his 3-point prowess, I'm not that impressed with Mussini.

I'm taking Lovett nine times out of ten. Obviously he has some eligibility concerns, but his ball handling is exceptional. Can't recall the last time we had a PG who can break down defenses off the dribble and can dish like he can.

Give me Lovett..