Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies

paultzman

Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
SJU has now offered 2017 guard Jordan Tucker of Archbishop Stepinac (NY) as per Alex Kline

Tha Kid

Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »
Paultz - had we had offers out to 2017 and 2018 recruits they just werent local, or did we have virtually none out period?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
26 overall on rivals.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Paultz - had we had offers out to 2017 and 2018 recruits they just werent local, or did we have virtually none out period?

I believe previous regime offered Sid Wilson of St. Rays. Btw Tony Chiles was very close to his dad As I recall.

SJUFAN

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »
This is just so refreshing. No more head games with the local recruits. If you can ball, SJU wants you.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
Nice touch!

@Therealjtucks: Sending a thank you the St. John's coaching staff for offering me a scholarship✊ http://t.co/noDpHK6tM8

Poison

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
This is just so refreshing. No more head games with the local recruits. If you can ball, SJU wants you.

The previous staff could have tried harder w local talent, but the head games have usually come from the players, or have we forgotten the last 30 years?

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:34:11 AM »
This is the way it's supposed to be if you want to build a top tier program. If you're a top HS player in LA, you better believe that it's automatic for you to have a scholly from UCLA. Same thing if you're a top player in Michigan and want an offer from UM or MSU. And on and on.

Mullin's setting a precedent that if you're a top player in NYC that at the very least SJU should be under consideration. This breeds familiarity and creates buzz for the SJU brand. Love the early returns from this new regime.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »
This is the way it's supposed to be if you want to build a top tier program. If you're a top HS player in LA, you better believe that it's automatic for you to have a scholly from UCLA. Same thing if you're a top player in Michigan and want an offer from UM or MSU. And on and on.

Mullin's setting a precedent that if you're a top player in NYC that at the very least SJU should be under consideration. This breeds familiarity and creates buzz for the SJU brand. Love the early returns from this new regime.

I agree that every local should be offered, but following that, I don't want to see Mullin kissing their asses. Mother F'kers like Telfair, Landesberg and Stephenson abused Norm Roberts, when they knew there was no chance for St.John's. There's a fine line between being welcome, and being a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »

I agree that every local should be offered, but following that, I don't want to see Mullin kissing their asses. Mother F'kers like Telfair, Landesberg and Stephenson abused Norm Roberts, when they knew there was no chance for St.John's. There's a fine line between being welcome, and being a joke.
Except this time, the joke will be on the players for missing out on having a head coach who definitely can prepare them for the next level off the court as well as every aspect of the game on the court.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
All the prep schools in Westchester County upwards usually don't have a ton of high major talent, but when a school has even an 8-12th man potential player who could be a solid 4 year player, I hope they're all over them.  "#LockDownNYC" That should be a special series UA shirt to promote SJ's bball - a freebie from the board that just keeps giving - lol

Poison

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »

Except this time, the joke will be on the players for missing out on having a head coach who definitely can prepare them for the next level off the court as well as every aspect of the game on the court.

We hope so. We'll see how Diallo feels about that, or how his parasites feel about it.

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »

+1 You forgot Pinkston. I would love to have NY players also. Their may have been a reason besides laziness that Lavin didn't go after more of them. 

Poison

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »

+1 You forgot Pinkston. I would love to have NY players also. Their may have been a reason besides laziness that Lavin didn't go after more of them. 

Of course there is. They all think they're legends in their own time. The reason to recruit is not because the best talent is here. It's because the most talent is here.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 11:33:20 AM »

Heck!  I agree with Poison on this one.  I don't want to see Mullin bow down to those dudes.  Norm did it, and it did him a lot of good, huh?  Right!  I know Mullin's name will hold more weight than Norm, but the premise of my argument still holds.  Occasionally, talk with coaches in the area.  Show his face and attend games.  Basically, just do his job.     

Actually, Lavin did go after the top NYC players.  You're correct, there are more reasons why he may have not aggressively pursued some kids.  But for the most part, Lavin and his staff went after the top NYC area players.  He got the second best player a year ago in ADR.  He was a finalist for the best player (Whitehead), but we all know how that went down. 

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
@D1Circuit: NY Lightning G Jordan Tucker (@Therealjtucks): 24 PTS, 7 REB, 2 STL in a win over Playground @NY_Lightning http://t.co/MJYd6FiG8Q

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 12:21:50 PM »
@D1Circuit: NY Lightning G Jordan Tucker (@Therealjtucks): 24 PTS, 7 REB, 2 STL in a win over Playground @NY_Lightning http://t.co/MJYd6FiG8Q
Nice boxscore-Bryan Assie made three 3 pointers and finished with 0 points?

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
Maryland offered today.

kob24

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »
love his game. he can be a pro

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
Maryland offered today.
My Terps and Johnnies going to be getting it done in '16-'17 classes.  Both staffs are going to work their tails off. I cannot wait to see those class results.