Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies
Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »
If he doesn't qualify we need to move forward without him.  While on paper Lovett and Sheed in the same backcourt sounds nice...I have my reservations that they would play well together / get along. 

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:01 PM »
I'm waiting to watch Sheed pull a rabbit out of the hat with summer classes. He's smart enough to get it done when motivated.

to catch up i imagined he'd have to be in school for both summer sessions...

Someone better call Mark Harmon

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »
He may very well be finished.  The above article states that there are also GPA requirements in addition to the required number of completed credits.  So if he stopped going to class and received F's in all those courses,  he may have pulled his GPA down so low that he might need A's in all four classes over the summer.  It may be to tall an order for Rysheed to qualify.
Don't forget - maybe incompletes that got made up...

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »
Not that any of this is good or right, but Univ. of No Clue made up grades for 18 years....18 years....

SJUFAN

« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:44 AM »
This is all complete non sense. I don't want to hear that he stopped going to class. Who gives a shit, that means nothing. Tell me what his grades were. Jordan isn't being quite about his thoughts on returning. If we are going to speculate, everything I heard Jordan say suggests he believes he will be back.

TONYD3

« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
If he has in completes the school will give him  a chance to a make up the class. If he needs 4 A's He will get 4 A's. If he did so bad last semester this story would have out then. I expect to see him the first game.

Tha Kid

« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
I think pretty much everyone is right on this thread.  I think if Jordan applies himself and stays in queens all summer and works his ass off in the classroom the grades will work themselves out.

I'm also guessing that the guys that are skeptical that we will see Jordan return know that thus far it doesn't seem like he's committing to do all that and then we won't see him.

Gotta think it's all in his hands.  He made the right decision to stay in school...let's hope he makes the right decision and does what's nexessay to get eligible.

Maybe someone who graduated from the undergrad can enlighten.  The schedule says pre-session is May 18-28, then session 1 is June 1.  This all started coming out around May 18 so seems like he didn't show up for pre session. What is pre session? Is it additional classes or what?  My guess is June 1 or shortly thereafter we find out more.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2015, 09:19:26 AM »
Pre-session is a week long class before Summer sessions start.

Tha Kid

« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
Pre-session is a week long class before Summer sessions start.

Well that would be bad to miss I inagine if you needed a bunch of credits...
"I drink and I know things"

sju89tr

« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
It's all speculation at this point what he needs. My gut feeling is that if it was a longshot for him to be eligible he would have entered the draft. I don't think this staff will put up with any BS. He in my opinion will take the necessary classes this summer to be eligible.

Wods317

« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »
This is all complete non sense. I don't want to hear that he stopped going to class. Who gives a shit, that means nothing. Tell me what his grades were. Jordan isn't being quite about his thoughts on returning. If we are going to speculate, everything I heard Jordan say suggests he believes he will be back.

There's not correlation between going to class once and your grades? That is obviously a big part of why he may possibly be in trouble

« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

There's not correlation between going to class once and your grades? That is obviously a big part of why he may possibly be in trouble
How could never going to class not correlate with having bad grades.  This isn't UNC.  You have to go to class except with a very few special classes for Seniors and honor students. 

« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2015, 07:00:51 PM »

How could never going to class not correlate with having bad grades.  This isn't UNC.  You have to go to class except with a very few special classes for Seniors and honor students.

Eh, I took classes with ballplayers while at sju (as I'm sure many of us did), and some of them rarely went and it apparently didn't matter. They have totally different obligations and priorities than the average student, especially when you are talking the flagship program at the school -- I would hope the professors and admin would understand that (as they seemed to do when I was there).

« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2015, 07:19:03 PM »
I once was in a class with a Norm Roberts era player. An assistant coach would peek in the window twice a week to make sure he was there. He decided to skip class the day of our midterm and Norm himself stopped by to check on the player that day. I laughed to myself and forgot about it. That weekend I was watching the game on TV and mysteriously absent from the game was the  player because he had been suspended for that game.

Poison

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »
I once was in a class with a Norm Roberts era player. An assistant coach would peek in the window twice a week to make sure he was there. He decided to skip class the day of our midterm and Norm himself stopped by to check on the player that day. I laughed to myself and forgot about it. That weekend I was watching the game on TV and mysteriously absent from the game was the  player because he had been suspended for that game.

His kids went to class and graduated. They sucked under him, but he did what Harrington wanted him too. Gee, I wonder if he's doing that at Kansas?

Wods317

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »

Eh, I took classes with ballplayers while at sju (as I'm sure many of us did), and some of them rarely went and it apparently didn't matter. They have totally different obligations and priorities than the average student, especially when you are talking the flagship program at the school -- I would hope the professors and admin would understand that (as they seemed to do when I was there).

There's a differen between missing some classes or assignments because of games or events and attending one class the whole semester. Whatever you want to say this is still college and the players should have to show at least a little interest in school. Attending one class in 4 months show a total lack of interest.

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »
Paris Horne was always in class had 730 am class with him. Was my partner on a project good dude.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:57:53 PM by kingofk1ngs »

paultzman

« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2015, 01:59:18 AM »
Yup. Let's move on, get Mussini & long term SJU will be fine. Next season will be challenging, but not a disaster IMO.  This staff, in my opinion, is getting the program on the right track. We will experience a few bumps next year, but SJU Hoops is headed in right direction.

« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2015, 03:13:05 AM »
This sucks. Hope he still tries to come back for the second half of the season though. Mussini becomes so much more important.