Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies
Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2015, 03:25:20 AM »
Any shot with J.  Murray?  Seems to want the spotlight  MSG and a playing time + Mullin connects make the play staff! Canada is not too far away
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:26:21 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2015, 04:01:27 AM »
Sad to see a kid ruin his own future like this.

Wods317

« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
Talented player but he just cant get out of his own way. Definitely hurts us for next year but I think the new crop of players will do the job for next season. Jordan had missed multiple games every year I was basically just hoping he would make it to November. Better to have clarity on the situation now then in September when nothing can be done. Does Eli Carter become an option now? Not a huge fan but if we miss out on Mussini he would be one of the impact players we could bring in.

« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2015, 08:30:24 AM »
Yup. Let's move on, get Mussini & long term SJU will be fine. Next season will be challenging, but not a disaster IMO.  This staff, in my opinion, is getting the program on the right track. We will experience a few bumps next year, but SJU Hoops is headed in right direction.

I agree 100%, for those of you expecting a big season from Jordan, I don't agree. He is talented but immature and hasn't shown any signs of growing up. He may have had a very tough upbringing, but at some point everyone has to take control of their life. I hope he does soon, before it is too late. Additionally while he would have supplied talent and scoring, do you really think he would have provided leadership to all the new players? Very doubtful there.

Let Chris go with who wants to be there and it is only one year of hopefully many.

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
Carter dragging his feet in his transfer decision makes sense now with Jordan.  Not a huge fan but we badly need backcourt  scoring and he fills the need for a year. 

« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Disappointing but not surprising..hopefully we can get Mussini
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

desco80

« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »
Well said MCN. 
We haven't been wrong about him, his prior mishaps have just been minimized or overcome in someway.  But the underlying issues have never been resolved.
RJ never turned the corner.

I hope he does.  But at some point he needs to be responsible for himself.

« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »
Felix becomes that much more important at this point.  Lovett and Mussini will be overmatched defensively.  That is why Jordan s length was so invaluable.

TONYD3

« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2015, 09:58:38 AM »
Cant make this shit up.

« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2015, 10:31:39 AM »
Where is he going to go?  No NBA,  can't transfer.  He has 3 options in my opinion.  D-League, Europe or work hard and get eligible for second semester.  Let's be honest, he's not going to Europe.  He needs to listen to whatever Mullin has to say, work his ass off and help this program.  Come back in December, help during Big East play and move on.  This shouldn't be a surprise to Mullin and staff as he wasn't around at all since they've been hired. 

Imagine Lavin stayed?   I can't even imagine what our roster would look like.  What a lazy, piece of crap.

ras

« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
I think he goes D League .

« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »
Let's hope he pulls a Dlo, works his ass off, and comes back in the spring. Not likely, but we'll see.

« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
Just went from tourney team to bottom half of big east.

redslope

« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
If he comes back and gets eligible for the second semester, you can call him Lazarus and Chris will truly be the second coming.

The best thing he can do for the team is to free up a scholarship and hang with his friends in Philly.

« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Why wasn't this being monitored by Lavin and Co?

Wods317

« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

I dont think they did much monitoring of what Rysheed was doing the whole time he was here it sounds like. In the end its the old staff and Jordans fault. At some point you have grow up and be 20-21 year old man and be responsible for yourself also.

« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:18 PM »
The scariest part to me honestly is that it seems as though Jordan thought there would be no repercussions of him failing classes. He seemed to think he was all ready to go for this season.

« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »

I dont think they did much monitoring of what Rysheed was doing the whole time he was here it sounds like. In the end its the old staff and Jordans fault. At some point you have grow up and be 20-21 year old man and be responsible for yourself also.

This sums it up perfectly

TONYD3

« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »
This might be news to us. But Mullin had to have known even before he was hired. How do u know Lavin didn't and staff didn't know ? I wouldn't have been happy with a suspension . The guy has been given many chances and he is going to get another one. Hoping for the best .

« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »

This sums it up perfectly
So the recent senior class ALL graduated in 4 years, and Lavin took it easy on Jordan. Maybe true we need someone to blame. At the end of the day this is all about Jordan. People waste more time trying to motivate the unmotivated, which rarely works.
Let's get on to another subject, this is over finally.