Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies
Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »
i don't want him back. stay in philly.

that said, if he's not in nyc on june 1st, he's not coming back.

Poison

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »
Why wasn't this being monitored by Lavin and Co?

I dont think they did much monitoring of what Rysheed was doing the whole time he was here it sounds like. In the end its the old staff and Jordans fault. At some point you have grow up and be 20-21 year old man and be responsible for yourself also.

This sums it up perfectly
So the recent senior class ALL graduated in 4 years, and Lavin took it easy on Jordan. Maybe true we need someone to blame. At the end of the day this is all about Jordan. People waste more time trying to motivate the unmotivated, which rarely works.
Let's get on to another subject, this is over finally.

Exactly right. This isn't Lavin's fault anymore than Pittsburgh was Jarvis' fault.

Go to class. Take your life seriously and this wouldn't even be a discussion. Jordan's grades are on Jordan. No one else. This isn't Georgetown. It's not like a St.John's academic schedule is too much for him anyone who is literate.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:35:46 PM by Poison »

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

Poison

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

What about Abe Keita? I know a lot of people who considered shooting him.

Wods317

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »

I dont go back nearly as long but I have to agree with you. You love that kids who don't have the best natural ability but work there ass off. Rysheed is the exact opposite that, all the talent in the world but no work ethic. Such a waste of talent that so many would kill to have.

« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »
Nothing ive seen from this guy makes me think he will put in the work to get eligible 2nd semester. He will go overseas, which might be too far a commute from his boys in Philly. What a waste

« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »
I know he's a 20yo kid...but I've seen a lot of other 20 +/- somethings and they have it figured out....

If he put in half the effort into academics as he does the "whynot cook out", he could have had a college degree from a great institution for FREE and set himself up nicely for an NBA career. 

Wish him well...but he wasted a great opportunity!

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
Try Grady reynolds for least favorite player

Marillac

« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2015, 03:39:17 PM »

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 

Moose

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 

If my memory serves me right Grady assaulted not sexually.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2015, 04:11:12 PM »

I'm just glad you're okay.

Moose

« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2015, 04:17:19 PM »

That was almost funny.  Try harder next time, idiot.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »

That was almost funny.  Try harder next time, idiot.

You know I will :)

MCNPA

« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
One thing I agree with is that Lovett and Mussini will be overmatched defensively.  They'll be like Swiss cheese.  Both are very talented offensive players, but from what I've seen, both terrible defenders.  Doesn't mean they can't get good, but that usually takes at least a season or so.  Be prepared for Iona defense in our backcourt, lol...  Not worried bout offense..

Poison

« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:41 PM »
I know he's a 20yo kid...but I've seen a lot of other 20 +/- somethings and they have it figured out....

If he put in half the effort into academics as he does the "whynot cook out", he could have had a college degree from a great institution for FREE and set himself up nicely for an NBA career. 

Wish him well...but he wasted a great opportunity!

No reason not to wish any STJ well. (I kid, of course there is) But this kid has blown an endless supply of chances, and it seems that it's because he expected to be in the league by now. He's not a point guard, but he thinks he's a point guard.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:36:30 PM by Poison »

« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2015, 08:56:04 PM »
Agree Poison.  Think everyone is long tired of the drama.  Think the minority of fans just want Jordan gone, even if it means we are worse next year (which we will be), because he is the best returning player and probably would have been pre-sesaon first team all conference (at worst, in the next batch).  Majority of fans still want him back if he can get eligible, I think, simply because it gives us a better chance to be pretty good next year.  But among those fans I don't think anyone is excusing all the Jordan nonsense.  I know the kid has been through a lot in his life, but wasted talent is wasted talent, and it's sad for that reason.

MCNPA

« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »
Looks like my gut feeling on the scenario wasn't wrong.  I'm ready to move on.  Have no problem with it, even if we are worse.  We need Mussini though, to make it work.  I'd like to usher in the new.  Don't want any of the Rysheed roller coaster.  I thought he had bought in.  It seems he never did.

Wods317

« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
I think one of the downsides of losing Jordan to me is losing some momentum possibly. I felt like with the team we could be an NCAA team. I think something like making the NCAA year one would give Mullin a huge boost on the recruiting trail. I feel like a 16-16 season might slow the mometum a bit. The staff is obviously great at what they do but positive vibes count for something. Kids want to play for a proven winner and I think we could have been that this year now it's up in the air

« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2015, 12:26:30 AM »
Nothing ive seen from this guy makes me think he will put in the work to get eligible 2nd semester. He will go overseas, which might be too far a commute from his boys in Philly. What a waste

I think he thought ST John's was overseas.

paultzman

« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2015, 04:31:35 AM »
@Sam_Vecenie: I updated my Rysheed Jordan post from earlier regarding his options, which do not include the NBA: http://t.co/hHyIxz9hsS