Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies

wpc77

Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2015, 08:09:17 PM »
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 
refresh my memory...who murdered someone?  Grady is no favorite, for sure.  Jordan was a problem from the beginning with one drama after another.  He's one of the reasons I jumped off the Lavin bandwagon.  Now he needs someone to check his homework?  We've had players flunk out...Billy Lawrence who was a budding star was one...Porter was another.  Neither of them gave the team, coaches and fans as much drama.  Keita had his stuff tossed from his room because he hooked up...God forbid...with a woman in Pittsburgh.  Obekpa had to have his reefer at the most inopportune time.  The delaRosas?...I could go on.   Jordan was the worst.   

Shareef Fordham ?

Man this isn't s thread that I would want s recruit to read...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:53:38 PM by wpc77 »

« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 
refresh my memory...who murdered someone?  Grady is no favorite, for sure.  Jordan was a problem from the beginning with one drama after another.  He's one of the reasons I jumped off the Lavin bandwagon.  Now he needs someone to check his homework?  We've had players flunk out...Billy Lawrence who was a budding star was one...Porter was another.  Neither of them gave the team, coaches and fans as much drama.  Keita had his stuff tossed from his room because he hooked up...God forbid...with a woman in Pittsburgh.  Obekpa had to have his reefer at the most inopportune time.  The delaRosas?...I could go on.   Jordan was the worst.   

Jayson Williams killed someone

« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »
Huge loss. Baldi was correct when he said we just went from tourney team to bottom half of BE. Oh well.

There is a lot of room for error in where many of us were predicting this team to finish.  It's not like we were thinking we'd be a #1 seed with a very small margin of error.  We were talking about losing ten games or so anyway.

Let's wait a little before we write his SJU obituary.  Baldi has been wrong on this kid for three years.  Jordan really has no other option than getting his academics in order and coming back mid-December. 

Jordan has played like a freshman for two years.  I think Lovett will be come in with better decision-making from day one.  He's a pure pg.  He doesn't have to do anything more than he's done his entire life. Guards are typically ready pretty early.

I've been wrong on Jordan for 3 years? How so?

You've claimed he wouldn't be coming back at least four separate times.  Each time he came back and was better than when he left.

You're right. He left more than 4 times and came back. My bad

Foad

« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
Shareef Fordham ?

Please to not be slandering Sharif Fordham, merely a crack dealer who learned skills for life from the Mike Jarvae. If nothing else the best on ball defender in SJU history.

Poison

« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2015, 09:48:59 PM »

But he said he was sorry. It's a time for healing.

ras

« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »
D-League is a very solid option,  I believe 3 kids in 2 years were drafted from the  D-League. I would prefer he leaves  in good academic standing just in case he wanted to come back and finish up his degree. However the D-League is an excellent option for someone who is not partial to doing school work in a weak 2016 PG draft.
. Once he leaves he's not finishing any degree. And I can't blame him., school isn't for everyone. I'd like to see him return 2nd semester. But he ll probably take a shot at the DLeague or making good coin in Europe and he ll get paid more than the average SJU graduate. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:05:05 PM by ras »

« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11:03 PM »
Shareef Fordham ?

Please to not be slandering Sharif Fordham, merely a crack dealer who learned skills for life from the Mike Jarvae. If nothing else the best on ball defender in SJU history.
Best eight ball defender too

« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
D-League is a very solid option,  I believe 3 kids in 2 years were drafted from the  D-League. I would prefer he leaves  in good academic standing just in case he wanted to come back and finish up his degree. However the D-League is an excellent option for someone who is not partial to doing school work in a weak 2016 PG draft.
. Once he leaves he's not finishing any degree. And I can't blame him., school isn't for everyone. I'd like to see him return 2nd semester. But he ll probably take a shot at the DLeague or making good coin in Europe and he ll get paid more than the average SJU graduate.
St. John's is an international school. Rysheed can easily finish his degree online.  :smiley6600:

« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
Jordan is not my least favorite, he's my most disappointing.  with so much talent and with so many chances having been given to him, it's just incredibly disappointing. 

« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »
Hope someone explains to Rysheed when he's being paid to play ball in Spain, that he can't just take off back home to Philly for a night or two. You thought he had growing pains being a 2-3 hr car ride home?

desco80

« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »
Marillac, why do you keep pushing the buck?
We're supposed to believe RJ was in Pennsylvania for weeks because there was no longer an academic advisor to the bball program?   As if he wasn't sure what city his classes were being held in?  Bs
Lots of college guys make mistakes of this sort, but when you're a pampered athlete people make excuses for you.  Everything Jordan has done since he's been here was swept under the rug by the old staff.  He was never held accountable for himself

« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »

Williams was playing stupid and the gun went off.  That's not the definition of murder.  He served time.  He lost millions.  He paid for his crime.  I'd like to see him invited back to help the program.

desco80

« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »
paid for his crime.

That's debatable.   A person is dead. 

Poison

« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »

Williams was playing stupid and the gun went off.  That's not the definition of murder.  He served time.  He lost millions.  He paid for his crime.  I'd like to see him invited back to help the program.

Um, no. You want to be one of those mother f'kers who thinks he should own a gun, that comes with responsibility. And ignoring that responsibility cost an innocent man his life. That's a kid w no father because Jayson Williams is a bad-ass. F him. He's f'ing disgrace.

Yea, it's great that he's nice to people now. He should be locked up in a cell.

If you knew or were related to the person that he killed you'd be singing a different tune. But this NRA loving dumb-ass Republican way of life BS has an actual price. We're not 17th in the world in education for nothing. We need people like Jayson to keep bringing us down to that level.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:23:06 AM by Poison »

« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »
I don't own a gun because I have a volatile personality...and I might use it on jerkoffs who piss me off...and there are many out there.  Unlike Williams, I never thought they were toys.
I do believe people without issues should have the right to own guns.  The Bloombergs of the world fight to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens...while surrounding themselves with bodyguards.
You don't need a gun to kill someone.  My grandfather was murdered.
As far as a "kid with no father", it happens, but not in this case.  Williams' victim was 55...and eight of his child bearing years were spent in prison.  To his great credit, he turned his life around which makes his death all the sadder.  Hopefully, Williams life has also turned around.  I hope Jordan also turns his life around.  It happens.
I don't know how education made it into the argument...but Williams donated one million dollars to St John's...much more than any other player.  There are two sides to every person.

Poison

« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:07 AM »
I don't own a gun because I have a volatile personality...and I might use it on jerkoffs who piss me off...and there are many out there.  Unlike Williams, I never thought they were toys.
I do believe people without issues should have the right to own guns.  The Bloombergs of the world fight to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens...while surrounding themselves with bodyguards.
As far as a "kid with no father", it happens, but not in this case.  Williams' victim was 55...and eight of his child bearing years were spent in prison.  To his great credit, he turned his life around which makes his death all the sadder.  Hopefully, Williams life has also turned around.  I hope Jordan also turns his life around.  It happens.
I don't know how education made it into the argument...but Williams donated one million dollars to St John's...much more than any other player.  There are two sides to every person.

How long would he have gone to jail for if he wasn't Jayson Williams the baller?

« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »

How long would he have gone to jail for if he wasn't Jayson Williams the baller?

Being a baller per se probably didn't matter since his career ended five years before the shooting.  Maybe a prosecutor was trying to make a name for himself by keeping the case going, so it works both ways. 

On the other hand, having monopoly money to pay for superstar lawyers is what helped him to make the plea deal that convicted him for aggravated assault.  If it was one of us, we'd still be dropping the soap in the Rahway showers.

Poison

« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »

Being a baller per se probably didn't matter since his career ended five years before the shooting.  Maybe a prosecutor was trying to make a name for himself by keeping the case going, so it works both ways. 

On the other hand, having monopoly money to pay for superstar lawyers is what helped him to make the plea deal that convicted him for aggravated assault.  If it was one of us, we'd still be dropping the soap in the Rahway showers.

Agreed. Getting back to the point of the thread, I think STJ knows full well what kind of person they want coming back to the University. It's a shame that they are holding some kind of grudge against guys like Marcus Hatten who never hurt anyone but himself. (And really not that much)

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new kind of STJ baller. One that comes to college as a mature freshman. We found Lavor Postell in Georgia. Maybe we should start looking there again?

« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
Huge loss. Baldi was correct when he said we just went from tourney team to bottom half of BE. Oh well.

There is a lot of room for error in where many of us were predicting this team to finish.  It's not like we were thinking we'd be a #1 seed with a very small margin of error.  We were talking about losing ten games or so anyway.

Let's wait a little before we write his SJU obituary.  Baldi has been wrong on this kid for three years.  Jordan really has no other option than getting his academics in order and coming back mid-December. 

Jordan has played like a freshman for two years.  I think Lovett will be come in with better decision-making from day one.  He's a pure pg.  He doesn't have to do anything more than he's done his entire life. Guards are typically ready pretty early.

I've been wrong on Jordan for 3 years? How so?

You've claimed he wouldn't be coming back at least four separate times.  Each time he came back and was better than when he left.

Liked watching him play, was looking forward to him and LoVett and I think he would have benefited from playing for Mullin and with him we had as hot at tourney. W/O him no shot.
With that all being said, I hope he doesn't come back. Something else will just come up and last time I looked ST John's does not have a Philly campus, so the fact that they got almost two years out of him is pretty amazing.

Marillac

« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »
Marillac, why do you keep pushing the buck?
We're supposed to believe RJ was in Pennsylvania for weeks because there was no longer an academic advisor to the bball program?   As if he wasn't sure what city his classes were being held in?  Bs
Lots of college guys make mistakes of this sort, but when you're a pampered athlete people make excuses for you.  Everything Jordan has done since he's been here was swept under the rug by the old staff.  He was never held accountable for himself

Why do you try to blame Lavin for everything?  Lavin went his entire tenure without an academic incident that occurred at St. John's...graduated all of the guys that stayed four years.  That's saying a lot in this age.  Jordan is a diva and immature and he needed his hand held.  I don't care about assessing blame like you and several others are so obsessed with.  It wasn't Lavin's fault and it wasn't Mullin's fault.  It was Jordan's fault pure and simple.   I do not think it would have happened had there been a full staff in place.  Keeping track of players is the most tiring and awful part of coaching mens athletics.  Some kids just don't belong in college.