Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies

Wods317

Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
Marillac, why do you keep pushing the buck?
We're supposed to believe RJ was in Pennsylvania for weeks because there was no longer an academic advisor to the bball program?   As if he wasn't sure what city his classes were being held in?  Bs
Lots of college guys make mistakes of this sort, but when you're a pampered athlete people make excuses for you.  Everything Jordan has done since he's been here was swept under the rug by the old staff.  He was never held accountable for himself

Why do you try to blame Lavin for everything?  Lavin went his entire tenure without an academic incident that occurred at St. John's...graduated all of the guys that stayed four years.  That's saying a lot in this age.  Jordan is a diva and immature and he needed his hand held.  I don't care about assessing blame like you and several others are so obsessed with.  It wasn't Lavin's fault and it wasn't Mullin's fault.  It was Jordan's fault pure and simple.   I do not think it would have happened had there been a full staff in place.  Keeping track of players is the most tiring and awful part of coaching mens athletics.  Some kids just don't belong in college. 

As I said before Rysheed is 100% to blame he is a 20-21 man not a 12 year old. Should someone have been monitoring him more closely? Yea maybe but at this point in your life you need to take responsibility for your own life. Passing classes for an athlete isn't that difficult all you need to do is show up and he couldnt do that.

Foad

« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
Lavin went his entire tenure without an academic incident

Jordan not being eligible is an academic incident, hello?

Foad

« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »
Marillac, why do you keep pushing the buck?
We're supposed to believe RJ was in Pennsylvania for weeks because there was no longer an academic advisor to the bball program?   As if he wasn't sure what city his classes were being held in?  Bs
Lots of college guys make mistakes of this sort, but when you're a pampered athlete people make excuses for you.  Everything Jordan has done since he's been here was swept under the rug by the old staff.  He was never held accountable for himself

Why do you try to blame Lavin for everything?  Lavin went his entire tenure without an academic incident that occurred at St. John's...graduated all of the guys that stayed four years.  That's saying a lot in this age.  Jordan is a diva and immature and he needed his hand held.  I don't care about assessing blame like you and several others are so obsessed with.  It wasn't Lavin's fault and it wasn't Mullin's fault.  It was Jordan's fault pure and simple.   I do not think it would have happened had there been a full staff in place.  Keeping track of players is the most tiring and awful part of coaching mens athletics.  Some kids just don't belong in college. 

As I said before Rysheed is 100% to blame he is a 20-21 man not a 12 year old. Should someone have been monitoring him more closely? Yea maybe but at this point in your life you need to take responsibility for your own life. Passing classes for an athlete isn't that difficult all you need to do is show up and he couldnt do that

How come Lavin gets credit for his four seniors graduating and he doesn't get blame for his star recruit flunking out?

« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 
refresh my memory...who murdered someone?  Grady is no favorite, for sure.  Jordan was a problem from the beginning with one drama after another.  He's one of the reasons I jumped off the Lavin bandwagon.  Now he needs someone to check his homework?  We've had players flunk out...Billy Lawrence who was a budding star was one...Porter was another.  Neither of them gave the team, coaches and fans as much drama.  Keita had his stuff tossed from his room because he hooked up...God forbid...with a woman in Pittsburgh.  Obekpa had to have his reefer at the most inopportune time.  The delaRosas?...I could go on.   Jordan was the worst.   

Jayson Williams killed someone
Jordan is hands down my least favorite St John 's player of all time...and I go back to when Lapchick was coaching.

This is crazy, Newsman. We have a guy that murdered someone.  Grady Reynolds sexually assualted someone.  Abe Keita put us on probation and made us vacate wins out of pure spite.

Jordan is a good kid that is lazy and spent the last six weeks of his semester without the type of supervision every program in the country has to provide to ensure academic success.  Making sure kids do their hw and show up for class is a full-time job.  Alex Evans used to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep everyone eligible. 
refresh my memory...who murdered someone?  Grady is no favorite, for sure.  Jordan was a problem from the beginning with one drama after another.  He's one of the reasons I jumped off the Lavin bandwagon.  Now he needs someone to check his homework?  We've had players flunk out...Billy Lawrence who was a budding star was one...Porter was another.  Neither of them gave the team, coaches and fans as much drama.  Keita had his stuff tossed from his room because he hooked up...God forbid...with a woman in Pittsburgh.  Obekpa had to have his reefer at the most inopportune time.  The delaRosas?...I could go on.   Jordan was the worst.   

But he said he was sorry. It's a time for healing.

Williams was playing stupid and the gun went off.  That's not the definition of murder.  He served time.  He lost millions.  He paid for his crime.  I'd like to see him invited back to help the program.

Um, no. You want to be one of those mother f'kers who thinks he should own a gun, that comes with responsibility. And ignoring that responsibility cost an innocent man his life. That's a kid w no father because Jayson Williams is a bad-ass. F him. He's f'ing disgrace.

Yea, it's great that he's nice to people now. He should be locked up in a cell.

If you knew or were related to the person that he killed you'd be singing a different tune. But this NRA loving dumb-ass Republican way of life BS has an actual price. We're not 17th in the world in education for nothing. We need people like Jayson to keep bringing us down to that level.

You want to say that serving time doesn't fully compensate for the loss of life, no argument...But, stop there. Basing it on politics -- with one of the worst leaders of all time in office -- is not your best argument.

« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2015, 10:13:09 PM »
just like Jordan checking out of classes, it seems the staff knowing they were checking out of their positions really didn't keep tabs on the kids knowing they wouldnt be here anymore.

Poison

« Reply #305 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »

But he said he was sorry. It's a time for healing.

Williams was playing stupid and the gun went off.  That's not the definition of murder.  He served time.  He lost millions.  He paid for his crime.  I'd like to see him invited back to help the program.

Um, no. You want to be one of those mother f'kers who thinks he should own a gun, that comes with responsibility. And ignoring that responsibility cost an innocent man his life. That's a kid w no father because Jayson Williams is a bad-ass. F him. He's f'ing disgrace.

Yea, it's great that he's nice to people now. He should be locked up in a cell.

If you knew or were related to the person that he killed you'd be singing a different tune. But this NRA loving dumb-ass Republican way of life BS has an actual price. We're not 17th in the world in education for nothing. We need people like Jayson to keep bringing us down to that level.

You want to say that serving time doesn't fully compensate for the loss of life, no argument...But, stop there. Basing it on politics -- with one of the worst leaders of all time in office -- is not your best argument.

Jayson Williams wasn't intelligent enough to own a gun. He proved that. You should need more than a pulse.

« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »
If he doesn't become a well paid athlete somewhere, he's going to really regret not taking advantage of the free education and diploma when he had the chance.  I'd like to see him get his act together and be a productive member of the team and have a future in bball.  But I'm ok moving on if he isn't going to take the student part of his responsibility more seriously.  Millions would kill for the chance he has now.  Hopefully he realizes the value of the education he's being given. 

Someone said it before and I completely agree, he's a man now.  Not a child anymore.  It's his responsibility to make or break. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:11:51 AM by Jake209986 »

Marillac

« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2015, 11:00:22 AM »
just like Jordan checking out of classes, it seems the staff knowing they were checking out of their positions really didn't keep tabs on the kids knowing they wouldnt be here anymore.

Yeah, that's why everyone else is fine academically and all the seniors graduated.  Some of you guys will stop at nothing to lay blame on Lavin.  It's like firing a babysitter in the middle of the job and then blaming the babysitter for the kid getting hurt after they left.  I remember there was a day when a kid didn't do his schoolwork the blame went nowhere but to the kid. 

If Lavin did one thing well while he was here it was making sure his players took care of their academics. 

« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »

Yeah, that's why everyone else is fine academically and all the seniors graduated.  Some of you guys will stop at nothing to lay blame on Lavin.  It's like firing a babysitter in the middle of the job and then blaming the babysitter for the kid getting hurt after they left.  I remember there was a day when a kid didn't do his schoolwork the blame went nowhere but to the kid. 

If Lavin did one thing well while he was here it was making sure his players took care of their academics. 

the guys that graduated were done in december. so no need to "babysit" spring semester. so while he gets credit for them, he should also get credit for Jordan.

personal accountability is always the biggest driver, but it's pretty obvious that when Jordan came back from that mysterious disappearance in december, agreements were made.  and frankly, i would say that Lavin made major concessions in that phone call he had with Rysheed to have him come back.  The quote from DLo at a press conference when Jordan came back will always stick in my mind: Thankfully, Lavin was able to convince him to come back and help the team.

You think that conversation was about books or just 3 more months before you go pro?

Marillac

« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »

the guys that graduated were done in december. so no need to "babysit" spring semester. so while he gets credit for them, he should also get credit for Jordan.

personal accountability is always the biggest driver, but it's pretty obvious that when Jordan came back from that mysterious disappearance in december, agreements were made.  and frankly, i would say that Lavin made major concessions in that phone call he had with Rysheed to have him come back.  The quote from DLo at a press conference when Jordan came back will always stick in my mind: Thankfully, Lavin was able to convince him to come back and help the team.

You think that conversation was about books or just 3 more months before you go pro?

Not all the guys graduated in December.  It's comical that you are trying to use kids graduating early as some type of negative mark for Lavin.  Just give it a f*cking rest already.  Lavin exceeded any realistic expectations for overseeing his players' academics.  Just drop it.  The fault is Jordan's alone.

Foad

« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »

Not all the guys graduated in December.  It's comical that you are trying to use kids graduating early as some type of negative mark for Lavin.  Just give it a f*cking rest already.  Lavin exceeded any realistic expectations for overseeing his players' academics.  Just drop it.  The fault is Jordan's alone.

When you drive by Lavin's apartment late at night are the lights ever on or is he out somewhere with someone else.

Marillac

« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »

When you drive by Lavin's apartment late at night are the lights ever on or is he out somewhere with someone else.

I can't answer that without violating my restraining order.

hnk

« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
Chris M. doesn't  know his grades yet or his eligibility status, but all you guys do?

MCNPA

« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2015, 08:58:22 AM »
Chris M. doesn't  know his grades yet or his eligibility status, but all you guys do?

Chris Mullin is not confident about it.  If that is the case, pretty sure the fans shouldn't be either.  And as the interview with Mullin on zags seems to display, mullin isn't concerned one way or another.  He's just going to be business as usual and make his assessments on the court and work to sign the best players. 

Gumby

« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »

Chris Mullin is not confident about it.  If that is the case, pretty sure the fans shouldn't be either.  And as the interview with Mullin on zags seems to display, mullin isn't concerned one way or another.  He's just going to be business as usual and make his assessments on the court and work to sign the best players. 

If graduation was two weeks ago, then the semester ended two weeks ago.  If that is the case, the grades are in (were in) already, thus, the "rumor" about his academic standing.

DFF6

« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2015, 10:00:09 AM »

paultzman

« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2015, 11:24:48 AM »

Respect other opinions on this, but I welcome cutting bait with  Jordan very soon, getting commitment from Mussini & taking a shot at "Big Papa". It is all about long term success.

« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

Respect other opinions on this, but I welcome cutting bait with  Jordan very soon, getting commitment from Mussini & taking a shot at "Big Papa". It is all about long term success.

This one is tough for me.  I think the Jordan-Mussini delta is 3 or 4 wins for next year, which could be the difference between being in the mix for the dance or being in the CBI.  But long term, ripping the band aid off is probably the best approach.

« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »
"Delta" love it gray! Must be a fellow math/science guy haha

« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
"Delta" love it gray! Must be a fellow math/science guy haha

It's all about managing Vega.