Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies
Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »

Respect other opinions on this, but I welcome cutting bait with  Jordan very soon, getting commitment from Mussini & taking a shot at "Big Papa". It is all about long term success.

This one is tough for me.  I think the Jordan-Mussini delta is 3 or 4 wins for next year, which could be the difference between being in the mix for the dance or being in the CBI.  But long term, ripping the band aid off is probably the best approach.

Both are gone after next year, assuming Mussini comes in the first place.  Considering no one on these boards ever saw Mussini play, maybe the best bet would be Jordan.

Of course, it's not up to us.

« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »

Respect other opinions on this, but I welcome cutting bait with  Jordan very soon, getting commitment from Mussini & taking a shot at "Big Papa". It is all about long term success.

This one is tough for me.  I think the Jordan-Mussini delta is 3 or 4 wins for next year, which could be the difference between being in the mix for the dance or being in the CBI.  But long term, ripping the band aid off is probably the best approach.

Both are gone after next year, assuming Mussini comes in the first place.  Considering no one on these boards ever saw Mussini play, maybe the best bet would be Jordan.

Actually, I've watched him on ESPN as recently as two months ago.  But I agree with Jordan equating to more wins next year.

Why is the assumption that Mussini is only here for a year? 

« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »

Actually, I've watched him on ESPN as recently as two months ago.  But I agree with Jordan equating to more wins next year.

He has already been offered pro money.

He says he wants to learn the USA game in order to be a more complete player.  He can do that in one year.

I sense it would be easier to pull the trigger coming here if he felt he could return to Italy sooner rather than later.

He apparently won't come unless Jordan's gone...meaning he thinks sitting would be counterproductive to a short stay.

« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

He says he wants to learn the USA game in order to be a more complete player.  He can do that in one year.

I sense it would be easier to pull the trigger coming here if he felt he could return to Italy sooner rather than later.

He apparently won't come unless Jordan's gone...meaning he thinks sitting would be counterproductive to a short stay.

He is not coming here to go back to Europe. He is coming here to take a shot at being an nba player.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2015, 05:06:20 PM »
I don't understand his reluctance to come here.  Somebody better clue him that the NBA plays in the US.   

desco80

« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
I don't understand his reluctance to come here.  Somebody better clue him that the NBA plays in the US.   

He's not a one and done, and I don't believe he thinks he is.   He knows he's coming to a US college to develop for several seasons.   (if he comes)

Marillac

« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2015, 06:03:29 PM »

He is not coming here to go back to Europe. He is coming here to take a shot at being an nba player.

Agreed.  I think that is fairly obvious too.  The only way he leaves after one season if he realizes he just can't match up physically and doesn't want to hurt his stock.  He's coming here because it's his only path to the NBA.  As an Italian citizen, Italy will always be there for him. 

« Reply #327 on: May 28, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
If Lavin did one thing well while he was here it was making sure his players took care of their academics. 

Another thing he did well was win basketball games.  2 for 5 bids directly off of a 9 year drought.

Also, one ill-timed Hooper freeze or one Jakarr defensive brain fart and one 3'lo suspension from a 4 for 5 record.

« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2015, 09:23:53 PM »
Disappointed if he won't come here because of the competition. Even if Jordan comes back it's probably only for one year. If Mussini feels he can't compete with Lovett for minutes then I don't think he is NBA material. Would like to see more confidence by the kid and come here to develop his skills. The staff seems to want him so if he has the goods he'll get a fair shot.

paultzman

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Speaking before charity softball event, Chris Mullin said nothing new on Rysheed Jordan, but expects resolution "soon." #sjubb

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Speaking before charity softball event, Chris Mullin said nothing new on Rysheed Jordan, but expects resolution "soon." #sjubb

Replace CM with SL and you have the same answer...Was is it with the NCAA dragging their feet with making decisions on SJU players....am I just overreacting?
Cougar O' Malley

desco80

« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »

Replace CM with SL and you have the same answer...Was is it with the NCAA dragging their feet with making decisions on SJU players....am I just overreacting?

Nudg, I don't think this is an issue before any NCAA body at this time.  My understanding is that it's a matter of determining if enough classes can be made up for Rysheed to be eligible even if just for 2nd semester, and then secondly do both parties want to continue the relationship. 

Wods317

« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

There's no doubt in my mind they know what going on with Rysheed. I don't think a fundraiser for fallen cops is the right place to make a statement about him.

« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »
I've asked five different people who know who he is and who are on campus all day, and nobody has seen him.  Plus nobody on the boards has seen him or heard anything about what he is doing either.  Does not bode well. It seems he is not on campus.  It appears he is no longer a student and will hope to spend some time earning decent dough playing hoops abroad. I sincerely hope he has good saving and investing skills.

« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
They're probably going to wrap up all their announcements about class signings and Jordan's situation into one formal announcement.  I agree with Wods;  CM is not going to say Jordan's done at a charity event.  In fact it probably isn't even legal for him to do so yet because of student privacy laws.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2015, 02:49:28 PM »
Jordan got picked with the 5th pick in the D-League draft by the 76ers affiliate. I think that was the best possible place for him to land. If he can show off his skills in the d-league Philadelphia could call him up especially since they're tanking, and Isiah Cannan is their starting PG this year. He could also be reunited with Jakarr.

Edit: He actually isn't eligible to be called up until next season.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:54:16 PM by thetruth8734 »

« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »
He can't play in the NBA this season.

Moose

« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2015, 04:10:23 PM »
He can't play in the NBA this season.

Why is that a rule?
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3