Diallo or Sampson or Both?

• 128 replies
Re: Diallo or Sampson or Both?
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Simple, would we rather have Lavin and Sampson or Mullin, Slice, Matty, Sima, Williams, Owens(16) and budding relationship with Rawle? I know i which one i would choose.

Great post
Also add legit shot at Herron (sp ?) '16

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »
What's a homeboy/  What a hiatus?  Though i would like one from your misinformation.

How soon you forget. It's ok, I enjoy owning you,  which is why I didn't pursue yours and boo bet

I've "known" you a long time Baldi..   Lets be real.. the Lavin thing was the first thing you got right in about 3 years ( after crying wolf on his firing 2-3x previously)....   Nostradamus, you are not.

We are in much better spot now.. Thats not the argument.. Doesn't mean we don't get to bitch and moan when we continue to lose out on the big fish.    Lets hope Mussini comes aboard.  Mussini, Williams, Sima is a nice little haul, all things considered.   We need to sign another guard, badly.

I can't argue with that. But I will. Just because it wasn't tweeted  by our great local media doesn't mean  it didn't happen. I've been contacted on the side by some who I respect saying "holy shit, I can't believe you posted that". But of course, I've been wrong, who hasn't?  That's what great about a message board, we can explore a lot of possibilities

desco80

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »
U can be happy Mullin is here and not bash Lavin at every opportunity. Mullin is here because Lavin did a good job. Mullin didn't come 5 years ago.

Why is bashing Lavin a bad thing?     Some of us think he deserves it
I get that some people don't want to read about it in every thread, but that's not what is going on.   I think most posters have been pretty constrained. 

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:52:35 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
Just to be clear i liked Lavin and would only take Mullin over him from the realistic options that were in play. I know he gets bashed a lot but i appreciate what he did here.

hnk

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
Hey homeboy....me too.

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »
U can be happy Mullin is here and not bash Lavin at every opportunity. Mullin is here because Lavin did a good job. Mullin didn't come 5 years ago.

Why is bashing Lavin a bad thing?     Some of us think he deserves it
I get that some people don't want to read about it in every thread, but that's not what is going on.   I think most posters have been pretty constrained. 

seriously i like lavin , but if he was here our roster would be NAIA next season

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2015, 06:37:01 PM »
Simple, would we rather have Lavin and Sampson or Mullin, Slice, Matty, Sima, Williams, Owens(16) and budding relationship with Rawle? I know i which one i would choose.
I think I'd take Sampson plus whoever else Lavin would bring in, instead of Sima and Williams.  Sima is only a three star.  And Owens is good but Lavin could have brought in someone like him easily.  51st rated juco; not a big deal.  Sampson is a big deal two and done recruit. Very hard to get guys like that.  Then release Lavin and bring in Mullin.

The truth with Mullin is he saw the writing on the wall in Sacramento.  He was on the outs with the owner who wanted him to coach the team.  He was reassigned and saw the writing on the wall.  Basically, he was run out of there. Louie has always wanted his boy in there and he may lack for objectivity here.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chris Mullin, but  I would have preferred that they waited a year so Lavin could recruit.  Then he'd have a more talented roster to coach.

Mark Jackson's also out there.  He has experience, a real coaches personality, and he is a minister with his own church and congregation.  If you read Boeheim's  book "Bleeding Orange" he  says you recruit the mothers.  Who better to recruit the mothers of  high school basketball players then a Protestant Christian preacher man?  Who also happens to be a top basketball alumnus and the second leading assist man in NBA history!

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2015, 06:40:27 PM »
Hillarious

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
I think I'd take Sampson plus whoever else Lavin would bring in, instead of Sima and Williams.  Sima is only a three star.  And Owens is good but Lavin could have brought in someone like him easily.  51st rated juco; not a big deal.  Sampson is a big deal two and done recruit. Very hard to get guys like that.  Then release Lavin and bring in Mullin.

The truth with Mullin is he saw the writing on the wall in Sacramento.  He was on the outs with the owner who wanted him to coach the team.  He was reassigned and saw the writing on the wall.  Basically, he was run out of there. Louie has always wanted his boy in there and he may lack for objectivity here.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chris Mullin, but  I would have preferred that they waited a year so Lavin could recruit.  Then he'd have a more talented roster to coach.

Mark Jackson's also out there.  He has experience, a real coaches personality, and he is a minister with his own church and congregation.  If you read Boeheim's  book "Bleeding Orange" he  says you recruit the mothers.  Who better to recruit the mothers of  high school basketball players then a Protestant Christian preacher man?  Who also happens to be a top basketball alumnus and the second leading assist man in NBA history!
Plus - unfair advantage - Boeheim even had Bernie Fine's wife recruiting for a while

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

Plus - unfair advantage - Boeheim even had Bernie Fine's wife recruiting for a while
Fine's wife?  I don't get the joke.  It doesn't fit with what I posted.  The fact is that these mothers would love Mark Jackson.  And you might think it's hilarious Baldi but how can you not think it's true.  African Americans are the most church going ethnicity in a churchgoing country.  They take their Christian faith very seriously.  The fact is that the mothers would love him.  That's who I want recruiting. Why did the NFL players have such an affinity for Tebow?  A big part of it was his strong faith.  I'm telling you, it goes over well with African Americans if it is genuine.  Well Mark is so genuine about it that he has thousands of followers in his congregation.  Plus you can't deny the fact that he has a coach's personality.

I don't mind at all if you disagree, but you have to say why.  No one word response and no personal attacks.

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2015, 07:01:44 PM »

Fine's wife?  I don't get the joke.  It doesn't fit with what I posted.  The fact is that these mothers would love Mark Jackson.  And you might think it's hilarious Baldi but how can you not think it's true.  African Americans are the most church going ethnicity in a churchgoing country.  They take their Christian faith very seriously.  The fact is that the mothers would love him.  That's who I want recruiting. Why did the NFL players have such an affinity for Tebow?  A big part of it was his strong faith.  I'm telling you, it goes over well with African Americans if it is genuine.  Well Mark is so genuine about it that he has thousands of followers in his congregation.  Plus you can't deny the fact that he has a coach's personality.

I don't mind at all if you disagree, but you have to say why.  No one word response and no personal attacks.
Mark could send them one of those pictures

boo3

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »
 Do great christian men cheat on their wives with hookers?

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
What?  Did Mark cheat on his wife with a hooker?  I'd imagine some christians do.  I'm not very religious myself, in fact I'm agnostic, but just because you are Christian doesn't mean you are without sin.  That's not the point.  I don't think I remember hearing Mark did that.  In fact I doubt it's true.  But if it is true, remember, Rick Pitino is still doing pretty well in recruiting, even though he is still playing second fiddle to the school in Lexington.

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
What?  Did Mark cheat on his wife with a hooker?  I'd imagine some christians do.  I'm not very religious myself, in fact I'm agnostic, but just because you are Christian doesn't mean you are without sin.  That's not the point.  I don't think I remember hearing Mark did that.  In fact I doubt it's true.  But if it is true, remember, Rick Pitino is still doing pretty well in recruiting, even though he is still playing second fiddle to the school in Lexington.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8108107/golden-state-warriors-mark-jackson-target-extortion-scheme

I think if Jackson wanted to coach college, which he apparently does not, that opposing coaches might slip that in if he was pushing the good Christian angle.  Not judging, just surmising what opposing coaches might do.

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:12 PM »

Just read the article in the link.  So that's what you were talking about  with "one of those pictures"  That's incredible.  That's messed up.  There's incredible evil in this world bros.  She was probably acting like she didn't want to do it but he talked her into it.  He's a fake man of god? Like I said above, just because you are Christian, does not mean you are without sin. Especially in Protestantism. Martin Luther said we are saved by faith alone.  This is what the Protestants believe.  Pitino does just fine in recruiting though.  People don't hold what he did against him.  It's really between him and his wife.

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »
And what boosters do is between them and the players

Marillac

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »

Just read the article in the link.  So that's what you were talking about  with "one of those pictures"  That's incredible.  That's messed up.  There's incredible evil in this world bros.  She was probably acting like she didn't want to do it but he talked her into it.  He's a fake man of god? Like I said above, just because you are Christian, does not mean you are without sin. Especially in Protestantism. Martin Luther said we are saved by faith alone.  This is what the Protestants believe.  Pitino does just fine in recruiting though.  People don't hold what he did against him.  It's really between him and his wife.

Your posts make me want to vomit.  Can you join another site to talk about this crap?  Jesus  (small pun intended).

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »

Your posts make me want to vomit.  Can you join another site to talk about this crap?  Jesus  (small pun intended).
Hey, I didn't bring it up.  Read what I wrote.  All I said is that Jackson would make a good college coach.  Other people brought up what happened with him.  And I also said no christian is without sin.  If that makes you vomit then you better see a doctor.

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »

Hey, I didn't bring it up.  Read what I wrote.  All I said is that Jackson would make a good college coach.  Other people brought up what happened with him.  And I also said no christian is without sin.  If that makes you vomit then you better see a doctor.
You stated he could play up the Christian minister angle.  It was pointed out if he did that, the sordid details of the affair/extortion plot would be brought up by opposing coaches. You can't have it both ways of the discussion.  He would be better served to keep any talk about basketball. 

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:24 AM »

You stated he could play up the Christian minister angle.  It was pointed out if he did that, the sordid details of the affair/extortion plot would be brought up by opposing coaches. You can't have it both ways of the discussion.  He would be better served to keep any talk about basketball.
Hey Bball, I didn't know about the "sordid affair" and I DID NOT BRING IT UP!  When I finally read the links I said "no christian is without sin". That shouldn't make you puke. I was objecting to him saying the posts make him puke, but I didn't post anything about the affair; others did.