Truth about the De La Rosa brothers...

• 92 replies

Dan

Re: Truth about the De La Rosa brothers...
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
Another indictment of Steve Lavin, after the fact.  Guy was absolutely clueless, still cannot comprehend people wanted to keep him.  Even if this isn't true, he brought in two guys who are complete nonfactors as players.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:58:10 PM by Dan »

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »
Another indictment of Steve Lavin, after the fact.  Guy was absolutely clueless, still cannot comprehend people wanted to keep him.  Even if this isn't true, he brought in two guys who are complete nonfactors as players.

What a reach.

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »

*Facepalm*

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »

What a reach.

Stretch Danstrong
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:46:01 PM by mjmaherjr »

desco80

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2015, 10:17:04 PM »
You all know how I feel about Lavin, but nobody should put this on him.
He gets blamed for everything (and probably rightfully so), but this is just two guys with terrible decision making.   

Blame him for recruiting ADR when plenty of people knew about his academic concerns.  But not for this.

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
I am worried about Obekpa. When this happend to Beecher he was never the same. Andy Dufresne was able to recover though. Hopefully CO is more Andy than Tobias

Beecher toughened up the last few seasons.

This is crazy. Fighting a naked guy is off limits no matter where you grow up.  The two v. one is troubling as well. If he was warned wtf was he still in the shower?

From what I understand, One of the other guy's (don't want to name) on the team yelled at Obekpa that they are coming right before it happened. So I think he just had a few seconds to get himself ready.
Probably Balamou right; high school teammates.  Horrible for the school, program, staff, and Mullin.

Mike

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »

Holy crap, I can't believe the stupidity of some people who make it sound like Lavin was this terrible coach and person.

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
I heard Adonis held Chris for Joey to take a free shot at, but he got nothing but air.
So Joey missed another free throw, shocker.

desco80

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2015, 11:37:53 PM »

Holy crap, I can't believe the stupidity of some people who make it sound like Lavin was this terrible coach and person.

I know, right?
He was such a good guy, and a great coach to boot.

Geez, a little perspective maybe?
It's ridiculous to blame him for the Delarosa's fighting with obekpa, but let's be real, Lavin was pretty bad. 

Mike

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2015, 12:10:09 AM »

I know, right?

It's ridiculous to blame him for the Delarosa's fighting with obekpa, but let's be real, Lavin was pretty bad. 
Pretty bad? We will agree to disagree. He wasn't perfect but he isn't what you make him out to be.

Dan

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »
Lavin's not evil, dumb to misconstrue my post to mean that.  But he has brought in some low-character guys (Delarosa's if true, CO with the selfish move getting suspended before the tournament).  Sad to say I think we could all live with it if they were really successful but they weren't.

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2015, 12:46:46 AM »

I know, right?

No, not really to be honest.

He was a good guy. Not much to say otherwise. Had the best resume since Louie as well. So, not a bad coach either.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:49:16 AM by redstorm212 »

Rodman

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2015, 06:20:03 AM »
I am worried about Obekpa. When this happend to Beecher he was never the same. Andy Dufresne was able to recover though. Hopefully CO is more Andy than Tobias
  Nice reference to Andy Dufresne.  One cool customer.  :)

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:06 PM »

I know, right?

He's gone now...no need for us to insult him further.  This day and age there are so many tools for players to sound off to kick a coach after he is fired.  It happens all the time...subtle jabs.  To a man, each player spoke glowingly about Lavin.  Harrison said he owed his life to him. 

He was a very good recruiter and an okay coach.  We danced twice in five years--once with a team that won only 7 conference games the year before with 10 juniors and fifth year senior (and highest ranked Norm recruit). 

If Lavin didn't take the batton and bring us from the lowest of lows to where we are now, Mulllin wouldn't be here.  Let's just appreciate him for that and let the ill feelings go.  He was a very defeated man when he left here and the guy battled freaking cancer.  Give him a break.

Tha Kid

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »

I know, right?

He's gone now...no need for us to insult him further.  This day and age there are so many tools for players to sound off to kick a coach after he is fired.  It happens all the time...subtle jabs.  To a man, each player spoke glowingly about Lavin.  Harrison said he owed his life to him. 

He was a very good recruiter and an okay coach.  We danced twice in five years--once with a team that won only 7 conference games the year before with 10 juniors and fifth year senior (and highest ranked Norm recruit). 

If Lavin didn't take the batton and bring us from the lowest of lows to where we are now, Mulllin wouldn't be here.  Let's just appreciate him for that and let the ill feelings go.  He was a very defeated man when he left here and the guy battled freaking cancer.  Give him a break.

couldn't have said it better myself.  +100.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »

I know, right?

brilliant post

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
I wanted Lavin to succeed but his act grew old, never accountable always making excuses for his shortcomings. He had behavioral issues, recruiting issues and coaching issues. He never said it is on me, I am accountable for the teams state of affairs. I'm glad the school saw all this and made a change. He left the cupboard empty and the staff has done more in three weeks then I thought possible. The best thing is they have back up plans in place. Lavin never did and that was why he was always taking on academic risks in the spring and summer.

boo3

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »

I know, right?

Golf clap.  Well said.  If you are still killing Lavin at this point , it says more about you than him.

pmg911

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »
I am astonished they were not arrested if this was as bad as being told.

In today's "sue first ask questions later", seems like school would be open to major liability if this attack was that bad.

Moose

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »
I am astonished they were not arrested if this was as bad as being told.

In today's "sue first ask questions later", seems like school would be open to major liability if this attack was that bad.

True
But if the victim maybe egged it on and said or did things that led to it then that would explain the lack of lawsuit or anything.
Remember who broke the Slice news