Truth about the De La Rosa brothers...

• 92 replies
Re: Truth about the De La Rosa brothers...
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2015, 11:17:06 AM »
I am astonished they were not arrested if this was as bad as being told.

In today's "sue first ask questions later", seems like school would be open to major liability if this attack was that bad.

True
But if the victim maybe egged it on and said or did things that led to it then that would explain the lack of lawsuit or anything.

I'll be happy to get rid of the drama

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2015, 11:36:05 AM »

In today's "sue first ask questions later", seems like school would be open to major liability if this attack was that bad.

True
But if the victim maybe egged it on and said or did things that led to it then that would explain the lack of lawsuit or anything.
like gesturing for delarosa to go to the other court like he was told. As Warner Wolf would say let's go to the videotape since the on court part of it was on film :)

Tha Kid

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2015, 11:50:37 AM »

True

Obekpa could have said basically anything to him and he'd still be found guilty of assault/battery if the Delarosas took it to the physical level.  At least that's the little I remember from crim law class.  Could be totally wrong though ha ha.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:51:54 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

True

Obekpa could have said basically anything to him and he'd still be found guilty of assault/battery if the Delarosas took it to the physical level.  At least that's the little I remember from crim law class.  Could be totally wrong though ha ha.

I'm not a lawyer and would never pretend to be. 
I don't have any specifics besides what has been posted on why it escalated to physical but there are certain things that could have been said that are more than your run of the mill insults.

They are gone.
We have Chris for one more year.  Hope he keeps it quiet this year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:43 PM »

True

The "she was asking for it defense" did not work in the Accused

Marillac

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »

True

It's likely Obekpa didn't want to press charges or involve the police at all.  It's bad enough getting beat up naked in the shower...I can't imagine a college kid wanting to further tarnish his rep by going to the police.  Snitches get snitches, and he already got 25 without snitching.

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »

True

The "she was asking for it defense" did not work in the Accused

It worked in the first trial.

Moose

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »

True

It's likely Obekpa didn't want to press charges or involve the police at all.  It's bad enough getting beat up naked in the shower...I can't imagine a college kid wanting to further tarnish his rep by going to the police.  Snitches get snitches, and he already got 25 without snitching.

As I think I mentioned I never heard shower.  I just heard locker room.

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »

True

Could have sworn you had said they had a sword fight?

Moose

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

True

Only what you wanted to hear :)

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »

True

Does anyone have the official count on WASJU penis references in the last 24 hours?

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »

True

Does anyone have the official count on WASJU penis references in the last 24 hours?

SJU basketball gives me a lot of material