Coach K just put a call into Doughtys people

mkras99

Re: Doughty Released
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 09:56:46 PM »
Fordham - yes. Can't quote from phone.

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Fordham - yes. Can't quote from phone.

Gotcha no problem.  I think the BE conference intra-conference rules still prevent something like this from happening.

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 10:16:02 PM »
Again, posters on the ledge. relaxxxx
Marco, Cluess only lost McFadden when he came to Iona, so it doesn't always happen.

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
Most coaches don't come in with two top recruiters either, i rather have a blank canvass to work with and let them put together a balanced roster. By position and year

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 10:30:11 PM »
Marco, Cluess only lost McFadden when he came to Iona, so it doesn't always happen.

Willard left Cluess a nice roster. Not walkons or naked guys fighting in showers

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »
Most coaches don't come in with two top recruiters either, i rather have a blank canvass to work with and let them put together a balanced roster. By position and year
I'd much rather have Sampson and Doughty on the roster than a blank canvas.

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2015, 10:32:54 PM »

Willard left Cluess a nice roster. Not walkons or naked guys fighting in showers
Exactly Marco, that's why I am not relaxing.  I wouod much rather have a "nice roster" of players like Cluess had.  This is why I'm not relaxxxing

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 10:36:49 PM »
Would you rather have Lavin, Sampson and Doughty with the brothers delarosa or Mullin Slice, Matty A, Sima Williams, Owens (16) and mending a relationship with NYC programs like CTK who have a stud we are now back in the game with? And i'll say it again…i liked Lavin and Mullin is probably the only guy (realistically) i would of taken over him returning. Plus the canvass can still have Ellison, Lovett, Mussini, and Diallo most importantly

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
Would you rather have Lavin, Sampson and Doughty with the brothers delarosa or Mullin Slice, Matty A, Sima Williams, Owens (16) and mending a relationship with NYC programs like CTK who have a stud we are now back in the game with? And i'll say it again…i liked Lavin and Mullin is probably the only guy (realistically) i would of taken over him returning. Plus the canvass can still have Ellison, Lovett, Mussini, and Diallo most importantly
Are we close with Ellison?  Posters on this board are acting like we are.  I hope so. Also, has Rawlee put us on his list yet in an on camera interview, because in the last one he purposely didn't mention us.  And another question: Is the Obekpa situation the reason why CM went out to see Diallo?  They are both OSNA guys.

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »
Humpy, Dumpty and now Doughty now gone. All replaceable

Poison

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »
“The main reason Samir chose St. John’s is (coach) Steve Lavin,” Jackson said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/st-john-basketball-lands-highly-recruited-samir-doughty-article-1.2015802

would explain why he was granted his release...judging by that same article, doesn't look like there were any big programs looking at him...Lasalle, George Mason, Seton Hall.

Gotta wonder what the basketball reason is for choosing Lavin. What experience are you pointing to that makes you envious?

desco80

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
“The main reason Samir chose St. John’s is (coach) Steve Lavin,” Jackson said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/st-john-basketball-lands-highly-recruited-samir-doughty-article-1.2015802

would explain why he was granted his release...judging by that same article, doesn't look like there were any big programs looking at him...Lasalle, George Mason, Seton Hall.

Gotta wonder what the basketball reason is for choosing Lavin. What experience are you pointing to that makes you envious?

A good salesman can sell ice to an Eskimo.

MCNPA

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2015, 11:52:46 PM »
I'm fine with moving on if the staff feels its the right thing.  It's early enough in the process and better for the kid in the long run.  Our staff will get the pieces they want, and it will really start to pick up for 16' and 17' classes.  Nothing wrong with parting ways now imo.

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2015, 12:10:16 AM »
more like afa and sika apparently the wild delarosans

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
Can someone explain what's going on with the turnover? This is very disappointing.

the new coach wants his own players?  this is pretty normal with a coaching change

lol Exactly, Chris knows exactly who he wants. I guess some on here don't have faith in Chris (a former GM and scout man.)and 2 top recruiters.
Don't worry about it.

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2015, 10:37:35 AM »
I liked this kid. Sorry to see him go but I believe Coach Mullin and staff have a plan.

redslope

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2015, 11:16:49 AM »
Can someone explain what's going on with the turnover? This is very disappointing.

the new coach wants his own players?  this is pretty normal with a coaching change

lol Exactly, Chris knows exactly who he wants. I guess some on here don't have faith in Chris (a former GM and scout man.)and 2 top recruiters.
Don't worry about it.

If Chris et. al. felt he was a priority they would have schmoozed him from day one with a call/visit to reassure him.  They did not contact him for a few weeks which was the hand writing on the wall.   He was not a priority in their strategy for rebuilding the team.

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
A bird in hand....

I don't know the strategy...but I'll be pissed if we play five or six guys next season.

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
more like afa and sika apparently the wild delarosans

The Bronx Bombers