5th Year Friends

• 2 replies

Moose

5th Year Friends
« on: April 24, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
So I think in a perfect world I'd love to see Diallo, Mussini and Ellison join our party on Union and Utopia.  But I'm also on record saying I wouldn't mind a player with immediate eligibility joining the fray.  Bored sitting around and had a chance to go thru the list of transfers and the following names peaked my interest.

- Durand Johnson- I really haven't heard us mentioned with him besides on tweet from Jeff Goodman.  But I like what he can bring to the table just as I liked his game coming out of HS when we were mentioned with him.

- Anthony Collins- If we can nab Mussini or Lovett he would be a great PG addition but it seems like after an initial tweet he is focused elsewhere.

- Ike Nwamu- Another one with initial interest which has seemed to fade away.  Reminds me of Dom physically and can knock down a 3 as well.  Would be nice guaranteed 10 ppg. 

- Lonnie Jackson- SG from BC.  Haven't seen us mentioned with him but he's averaged around 7-9 ppg and 3 pt shooting hovering just under 40% for his 3 years at BC.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: 5th Year Friends
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:59:40 AM »
Does anyone know why Durand Johnson was suspended from Pitt?  Apparently, the coach expected him to be back on the team this year but the University did not reinstate him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:00:34 AM by simplyred »

Marillac

Re: 5th Year Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
So I think in a perfect world I'd love to see Diallo, Mussini and Ellison join our party on Union and Utopia.  But I'm also on record saying I wouldn't mind a player with immediate eligibility joining the fray.  Bored sitting around and had a chance to go thru the list of transfers and the following names peaked my interest.

- Durand Johnson- I really haven't heard us mentioned with him besides on tweet from Jeff Goodman.  But I like what he can bring to the table just as I liked his game coming out of HS when we were mentioned with him.

- Anthony Collins- If we can nab Mussini or Lovett he would be a great PG addition but it seems like after an initial tweet he is focused elsewhere.

- Ike Nwamu- Another one with initial interest which has seemed to fade away.  Reminds me of Dom physically and can knock down a 3 as well.  Would be nice guaranteed 10 ppg. 

- Lonnie Jackson- SG from BC.  Haven't seen us mentioned with him but he's averaged around 7-9 ppg and 3 pt shooting hovering just under 40% for his 3 years at BC.

Obviously I've made my thoughts on Durand Johnson clear.  I think we dance if we land him and a decent reserve PG (not necessarily Mussini or Lovett good either).

Collins is an interesting player.  He won early at USF.  He can't really shoot from deep, but he does a good job distributing the ball and finding open shooters.  His FG % is high when he is surrounded by other scoring threats and he can knock down his FTs. He has some Mark Jackson qualities to his game that Mullin might like--very deliberate player.  Also has a Hardaway-like crossover.

I don't know much about Ike Nwamu, but based on his stats and the quality program he played for, he looks like he would be a terrific option if we couldn't land Johnson.  Great shooting stats--although he could probably benefit a few % points by cutting down on his 6.1 attempts per game.  He has very good athletic ability, strong kid, apparently a very good student too.

I'll pass on Jackson.