The Hall loses Gibbs

• 53 replies
The Hall loses Gibbs
« on: April 28, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
Sterling Gibbs is leaving Seton Hall and is eligible to play immediately.

Re: The Hall loses Gibbs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

Even better I would assume this eliminates Seton Hall for the younger Gibbs also.

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
Ouch... Huge loss.  Some think he will be Notre Dame bound on the Hall board.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:32:51 PM »

Even better I would assume this eliminates Seton Hall for the younger Gibbs also.
That has been so for a while.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »
Great kid.  Wish him the best of luck.  I know some here said he was coming back to the Hall, but I'm not shocked.  He will be a fantastic addition next year to virtually any team in the country.

Willard created this mess by selling his soul.  Now he has to live with it.

sju89tr

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »
I think Pitt a likely destination

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
He will go where ever he wants...   any teams with a remote need at point guard will be lined up for him.

MCNPA

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
The hall shoulda fired Willard after this season.

NYCoffey

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
Yeah . Would if had a shot at Hurley. Maybe they should fire him now and maybe get the other Hurley. If  it is true what was posted about Tiny dangling Whothead for another job next year is a busy anyway.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »
Always liked Gibbs--wish him the best wherever he goes.  SH fans can thank Whitehead and Tiny for this fiasco.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »
If you count the original school he signed with but never enrolled at because Gary Williams retired this will be his 4th school since 2011: Maryland, Texas, SHU and ?

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 08:52:38 PM »
Yeah . Would if had a shot at Hurley. Maybe they should fire him now and maybe get the other Hurley. If  it is true what was posted about Tiny dangling Whothead for another job next year is a busy anyway.
I don't understand this post. "Is a busy anyway?"  It's not as bad as it could have been for them, because Carrington is going to be very good next year, but I really liked Gibbs.  Normally, I would lament the demise of a fellow Big East team, but not Willards' team.  He's a cheater although you can't prove it.  And he did sell his soul to get Whitehead from us. PRJohnny is right.  That caused trouble for them chemistry wise. And Whitehead also now has the goods on the staff and could blow the whistle. So Willard can't  discipline IW like the other players because of this. He sold his soul.   But Willard only needs nine Big East wins to keep his job because he is tight with his boss.

QuanMan

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »
Willard is a dead man walking, I'm really surprised that he's made it this long. I'll never forget the hogwash he pulled last Fall. His roster turnover ratio and growing transfer list is comical.
Section 3
Section 116

kob24

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
I know lav got fired. but this was one of the reasons why he said hell no to tiny

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »
Danny Hurley waiting the wings!

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »
Normally Fordham that number of schools is a major red flag.  Don't believe that is the case with Gibbs though, as there are exigent circumstances.  I didn't know he committed to Maryland, but if he changed when Williams left that is totally understandable.  As is going far away to Texas and realizing one doesn't want to be that far.  And we know the circumstances (at least in part) that resulted in him leaving the Hall.  Everything I've ever read about Sterling is that he is a great kid.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »
+1 KOB.  And good to have you posting again.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »
Like I said earlier. I think we need to look at Dave Boff for a staff position

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
Normally Fordham that number of schools is a major red flag.  Don't believe that is the case with Gibbs though, as there are exigent circumstances.  I didn't know he committed to Maryland, but if he changed when Williams left that is totally understandable.  As is going far away to Texas and realizing one doesn't want to be that far.  And we know the circumstances (at least in part) that resulted in him leaving the Hall.  Everything I've ever read about Sterling is that he is a great kid.

I wasn't making a character judgement just saying that is a lot of schools in a short period of time.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 09:23:22 PM »
I know lav got fired. but this was one of the reasons why he said hell no to tiny

100%.  Lavin knew what he was doing wrt to Tiny.