Rysheed vs Whitehead

• 44 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Rysheed vs Whitehead
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
Whitehead.

Admitting Whitehead is a special player isn't a negative assessment of Jordan. 

And the converse applies as well.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »
Hall looking to add Sulaimon or Carter

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
I can't fathom how they would take Sulamon with everything going on with him. Do they ever learn?

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
I can't fathom how they would take Sulamon with everything going on with him. Do they ever learn?

Sulaimon is graduating from Duke in August, there are no claims against him, allegedly there was only ever one girl who made any claims, not two like the Chronicle stated, and he recently came out with an article, whether or not true, where he tries to clear his name.

If the kid really didn't assault anyone, he deserves a second chance (though he must have had a horrible attitude for Coach K to throw him off).

MCNPA

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »
Whitehead.

I haven't seen "special" player yet out of him.  Very good talent with loads of potential, yes..  Hasn't shown any special yet imo.

desco80

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
Whitehead.

And the converse applies as well.

very true, doesn't mean the other one isn't a good player.

And MCN, in response to your post, I think the talent is special, he hasn't put it all together yet for consistent stretches but I think Whitehead has a higher ceiling than Rysheed.
Just my opinion.  I was real high on IW coming out of high school too.

desco80

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 10:51:51 AM »
I voted for Sheed predicated that he listens to Chris to improve his game.  We will know the first time he takes a FT.  Chris always kept his eyes on the basket, even when pulling up his shorts bottoms.  If Sheed gets rid of that silly neck twisting when he is on the line, we'll know he is listening to Chris.

Who the F cares about the neck twisting? 

totally agree

redslope

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
I voted for Sheed predicated that he listens to Chris to improve his game.  We will know the first time he takes a FT.  Chris always kept his eyes on the basket, even when pulling up his shorts bottoms.  If Sheed gets rid of that silly neck twisting when he is on the line, we'll know he is listening to Chris.

totally agree

All I am saying is that Chris would not do this.  If you have ever listened to Chris discuss his art of free throwing, he said he just stared at the rim when he got to the line as this focused him on the shot and also eliminated any unnecessary movement other than the shot and Chris was a superb FT shooter; career leader at SJU at 85%, hitting 90% one season.  That is why I say he needs to eliminate excess movement.  He has shot 66% from the line which is unacceptable for a PG.  He is obviously doing something wrong which if he listens to coaching he can demonstrate a "verifiable" improvement and become the player who becomes one of the top ones in the Big East.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

totally agree

All I am saying is that Chris would not do this.  If you have ever listened to Chris discuss his art of free throwing, he said he just stared at the rim when he got to the line as this focused him on the shot and also eliminated any unnecessary movement other than the shot and Chris was a superb FT shooter; career leader at SJU at 85%, hitting 90% one season.  That is why I say he needs to eliminate excess movement.  He has shot 66% from the line which is unacceptable for a PG.  He is obviously doing something wrong which if he listens to coaching he can demonstrate a "verifiable" improvement and become the player who becomes one of the top ones in the Big East.

Everyone has different ways to prepare when they go to the line.  Maybe, that is a way for Jordan to concentrate on FTs.  Besides, a couple of folks have already stated that Jordan's neck movement may not be voluntary.  He may have a tic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:11:54 PM by mjdinkins »

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »

totally agree

Chris would also never shoot a FT from 17-18 FT when you can do that from 15 Feet.  But that's what Nick Van Exel always did, and he was an 80% FT shooter, I believe.  It's whatever works for the guy involved, and the same recipe does not always work if you are using different ingredients.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »
Compare Jordan's second year stats to Whitehead's after the end of the 15/16 season. It's not fair to compare a freshman to a sophomore. Jordan, also had 4 seniors to pick him up when he struggled, and he struggled often. Whitehead had Sterling Gibbs and Brandon Mobley.

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
Good thing I voted for Whitehead. Baldi in mid season form

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:35 PM »
Good thing I voted for Whitehead. Baldi in mid season form
Nailing it better than DiCaprio on a good night, Baldi. 

redslope

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »
Compare Jordan's second year stats to Whitehead's after the end of the 15/16 season. It's not fair to compare a freshman to a sophomore. Jordan, also had 4 seniors to pick him up when he struggled, and he struggled often. Whitehead had Sterling Gibbs and Brandon Mobley.
Compare them first year to first year.  both were surrounded by a number of upper classmen and IW had seniors for guidance.  IW didn't listen to them but turned them off so they left SH.  while IW averaged 12  and Sheed 10; Sheed had more A's and fewer TO's.  Sheed shot 42% and IW 37%.  Not much difference between the two other than significant personality issues IW had with his upper class teammates--he was a cancer.

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Not much difference between the two other than significant personality issues IW had with his upper class teammates--he was a cancer.

Looks like IW will be playing next season and RJ will not - that is a pretty significant difference.

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 12:56:57 PM »
Not much difference between the two other than significant personality issues IW had with his upper class teammates--he was a cancer.

Looks like IW will be playing next season and RJ will not - that is a pretty significant difference.

Nothing more to say on that. :)

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »
Whitehead is going to destroy the Big East this year
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:38:14 PM by Marco Baldi »

redslope

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
Like he destroyed his team last year; the transfers who came in are going to be looking to prove themselves.  He needs to learn to play as a teammate and not be a ball hog or they will have the same thing happen again

ras

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:19 PM »
   I agree Redslope. Whitehead did more harm than good for SHU. He was a complete chemistry destroyer. We will see how he is next season.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:05:40 PM by ras »

Wods317

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:55 PM »

Shot 36% last year and had a 1:1 turnover to assist ratio. He could definitely be way better for year 2 but destroy the conference? I have seen nothing to make me think that will happen.