Rysheed vs Whitehead

• 44 replies

Poison

Re: Rysheed vs Whitehead
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:46 PM »
Whitehead is going to destroy the Big East this year

Shot 36% last year and had a 1:1 turnover to assist ratio. He could definitely be way better for year 2 but destroy the conference? I have seen nothing to make me think that will happen.

The only weakness in his game is experience and maturity. He went to Lincoln, so yes, he's a shit, but that doesn't mean that he can't play.

Whitehead averaged 3.5 assists per game as a freshman. And he was a freshman on a young team. If you really saw nothing that convinces you he can play, I guess you won't be convinced.

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 01:41:20 AM »

Shot 36% last year and had a 1:1 turnover to assist ratio. He could definitely be way better for year 2 but destroy the conference? I have seen nothing to make me think that will happen.

The only weakness in his game is experience and maturity. He went to Lincoln, so yes, he's a shit, but that doesn't mean that he can't play.

Whitehead averaged 3.5 assists per game as a freshman. And he was a freshman on a young team. If you really saw nothing that convinces you he can play, I guess you won't be convinced.

He said he saw nothing that leads him to believe he will "destroy" the big east. I'd have to agree. I saw a kid who forces shots, puts himself before the team, gets frustrated and plays dumb when things aren't going his way. Talented, yes. But we know all too well, talent only gets you so far.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:44:45 AM by redstorm212 »

Poison

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 02:08:50 AM »

He said he saw nothing that leads him to believe he will "destroy" the big east. I'd have to agree. I saw a kid who forces shots, puts himself before the team, gets frustrated and plays dumb when things aren't going his way. Talented, yes. But we know all too well, talent only gets you so far.

The best thing about freshman...

desco80

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 05:04:04 AM »
SH had chemistry problems that went beyond just whitehead.  He's going to be very good, if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

But if you're looking for a guy who will destroy the conference ...it's obviously Kris Dunn in my eyes.   He's a step above everyone else in the BE and I would be very surprised if he's not POY.

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 08:38:41 PM »
Seton Hall basketball is a pox on the BE.  They haven't been good since P J and probably never will be again.  The whole program is just snake bit.