Can this team be top 5 in BE next year?

• 48 replies
Re: Can this team be top 5 in BE next year?
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 08:32:46 PM »
What do you guys think?

If we get Larrier and a top PG like Mussini then why not, Maui would be step one.  I really really want KU and Diallo.

You really want to play Kansas? hopefully we see them in the finals of the Maui tournament. Be careful what you wish for.  I see the team finishing 5th.  Depends who we give the final scholarships to.  the success of the team also depends on the chemistry.  Alot of these guys have not played with each other yet so I believe the success this year will be how much the team gels together.

You're damn straight I want Kansas, It would be sweet, Diallo thinks he has a better chance with KU then with us. If we beat KU then what I'd like to see is everyone just smile at Diallo. No need to say a word, he would know what the smile is for.

A win against KU (a team constantly in the NCAA), can give a team that never played together some confidence and maybe win the Maui invitation. That might get us ranked.  That alone could do wonders for a team that never played together. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:02:23 AM by mullin85berry86 »

PIB

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »
I, too, want KU...

desco80

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
I'd love to beat Kansas too, but you guys are delusional if you think we will be in a position to "bring them on" next season.
Patience, year one is not going to be the best it gets around here.   

ras

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
Lavin left the cupboard bare. I'm not counting on beating Kansas or Nova. I'd be happy w a middle of the pack BE team next year. Unless by some miracle we can get Lovett and Pappa. Hopefully we can pick up some studs in the 16 class , starting w Heron and make noise the following year.

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
I'd love to beat Kansas too, but you guys are delusional if you think we will be in a position to "bring them on" next season.

So you'd rather shy away from top competition? I'm the type that welcomes it, I say bring on KU and lets see what happens.

I never said I would expect a W against them, but I'd bet we'll go right at big bad KU.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:28:33 PM by mullin85berry86 »

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 02:28:12 PM »

So you'd rather shy away from top competition? I'm the type that welcomes it, I say bring on KU and lets see what happens.
Agreed. It's a good litmus test to see where we're at early in the season. 

TONYD3

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »
Playing Kansas will draw people .

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »
In Hawaii? Or the Final 4?

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »
In Hawaii? Or the Final 4?
Wherever they play? lol