Sir'Dominic Pointer Draft Prospect

• 92 replies
Sir'Dominic Pointer Draft Prospect
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:49:23 AM »
Didn't see one if there is one please delete.

About a month ago Sir Dom was the 52nd pick on nbadraftNet. No clue how he didn't invited to the Pit with Harrison.   I like him to a Poor man's  Tony Allen. Definitely worth a late 2nd round pick and still has upside even thoug he is a four year player.

He already HD  a workout today with the Boston Celtics a team who loves to draft Swing men.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/05/2015_nba_draft_workouts_dez_we.html
BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics announced they hosted six players for a pre-draft workout Wednesday, including Maryland's All-Big Ten guard Dez Wells.

The full list of players in the workout follows:

Aaron Thomas - FSU
Anthony Brown - Stanford
Dez Wells - Maryland
Malcolm Miller - Holy Cross
Julian Washburn - UTEP
Sir'Dominic Pointer - St. John's (NY)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:54:09 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Re: Sir'Dominic Pointer Draft Prospect
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:15:08 AM »
I def think Dom has a legit shot.

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 05:55:46 AM »
Sir Dom learning under brad stevens would be a great development for him.  And you are right he is exactly the type of guy ainge likes to bring in.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »
Previous staff didn't do this kid any favors. I do think he is athletic enough to get a look

Poison

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
Previous staff didn't do this kid any favors. I do think he is athletic enough to get a look

I think they did do him a favor last year by asking him to play out of position. He proved to everyone that he could guard guys that had height and strength. I had no idea that he was even capable. He went from a college ball bust to an NBA player. Drafted or not, he'll play in the league.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »

I think they did do him a favor last year by asking him to play out of position. He proved to everyone that he could guard guys that had height and strength. I had no idea that he was even capable. He went from a college ball bust to an NBA player. Drafted or not, he'll play in the league.

He played out if position because there was noone else. He was underutilized the 3 previous years

QuanMan

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 08:06:36 AM »
Dom has been a NBA prospect since day 1, the potential was realized over the past year. His junior year held him back bc the ball never found him. This year he really applied himself w the system and he shined bc of it. Shout out to Lavs and Rico, I think he'll be in the league next year alongside Moe and JaKarr.
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
Agree . He had a poor career here and didn't improve At all.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:46 AM »
I think Dom has a very small chance of making the NBA. But I would  not want to one of the 5 others he is competing against in the workout. Dom is kill these guys.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:09:11 AM »
Last I checked on Chad Ford's list on ESPN, he was the highest ranked Big East prospect. Ranked in the 70s. He def has a shot to make the league. He has shown he can do most things well on the court with the exception of shooting 3s. However, I read the other day that FT shooting in college, not 3 point shooting, is a better indication of a player's ability to improve his shot. Dom was a pretty good FT shooter last year so in time, I think he can develop his jumper.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »
Who wouldn't want to draft a guy who is very athletic, can get to the hoop, doesn't play selfish, can guard guys bigger than him and yet is able to find an open man better than some point guards?

Poison

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 12:47:20 AM »
I think Dom has a very small chance of making the NBA. But I would  not want to one of the 5 others he is competing against in the workout. Dom is kill these guys.

Why do you think he has a small chance of making the league?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:48:58 AM by Poison »

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »

Because he's the size of a 2 or 3 and he's not a good outside shooter.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

I love Dom. But he cant dribble or shoot. Not sure how big he is but he listed at 6'6 barely 200 pounds. Wish him well. Hope he proves me wrong.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »
I don't think Dom gets drafted...but similar to JaKarr he will be given a chance as an undrafted FA and it wouldn't surprise me if he made a roster!!

wpc77

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

Poor career? Weak first 3 years but he killed it last season. He's a guy who will probably make it as an underdrafted free agent and stick on a roster because if his athleticism and ability to defend 5 positions

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 07:07:57 PM »

Poor career? Weak first 3 years but he killed it last season. He's a guy who will probably make it as an underdrafted free agent and stick on a roster because if his athleticism and ability to defend 5 positions
I was being sarcastic . Dom is one of my favorite players ever. Was annoyed he was taking a shot at previous coach.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
 ‏@stevekylerNBA 5m
Name to watch in the draft St. John's Sir'Dominic Pointer. Picking up fans among NBA teams firmly on the draft radar after solid workouts.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
‏@stevekylerNBA 5m
Name to watch in the draft St. John's Sir'Dominic Pointer. Picking up fans among NBA teams firmly on the draft radar after solid workouts.

Good for him!

boo3

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »

He played out if position because there was noone else. He was underutilized the 3 previous years

He excelled at the 4.  He didn't play the 4 his first three years because of guys named Harkless and Sampson.  You think he should have gotten more minutes over those guys? 

Dom was a terrible outside shooter for most of his career.