Monasch Out

• 76 replies
Re: Monasch Out
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
I heard Mullin wasn't coming had Monasch been retained

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
@TimBontemps: Have heard that Pete D'Alessandro will be next AD at St. John's for some time, as @WojYahooNBA and others have said  https://t.co/oMr94vCVls

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »
@RogRubin: St. John's to replace AD Chris Monasch. Alienating PGA star Keegan Bradley was among his missteps. NYDN: http://t.co/YuWtpz95Nf.

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »
Would be even greater accomplishment now for the Warriors to win the title.  HOF Coach and NBA Champion AD.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »
Would be even greater accomplishment now for the Warriors to win the title.  HOF Coach and NBA Champion AD.

Pete D'Alessandro works for the Kings right now. He used to work for the Warriors.

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »
@RogRubin: St. John's to replace AD Chris Monasch. Alienating PGA star Keegan Bradley was among his missteps. NYDN: http://t.co/YuWtpz95Nf.

Why?  Is Keegan Bradley a million dollar donor like Jayson Williams?  Methinks the PGA star may be too full of himself...if the NYDN story is true.

Back to the AD.  The first thing he/she should do is clean out the compliance department.  Enough with the failures.

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »

Why would Mullin care?  He would have bypassed Monasch completely and reported directly to Bobby.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
Long Over Due. Glad someone is making the right decisions around here

Just curious why is it long overdue? I'm not sure why some folks have such strong animosity towards Monasch.

Just my take: it seemed like he didn't care.

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 07:16:41 PM »

Why?  Is Keegan Bradley a million dollar donor like Jayson Williams?  Methinks the PGA star may be too full of himself...if the NYDN story is true.

Back to the AD.  The first thing he/she should do is clean out the compliance department.  Enough with the failures.

He's probably the most visible alum we have and he's a great representative of the university. Golf is such a low key program to begin with...it's just silly that Monasch wouldn't have approached Keegan for his recommendation on the new coach.  It's seems Keegan was just as pissed off that his former teammate wasn't selected as he was with Darby being canned. 

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »

Why would Mullin care?  He would have bypassed Monasch completely and reported directly to Bobby.

Monasch had no say in the MULLIN hire. Zero. This has been in the works fro awhile

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 08:10:09 PM »
@WojYahooNBA
Sources: Sacramento Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro - who lost authority to Vlade Divac - will be a significant candidate for St. John's AD job.

St. John's Alum and worked with Mullin in Sacramento and Golden State.

Sounds good.  And could be something Mullin asked for I'm negotiations.

But, NBA gm and athletic director are very different jobs.   

True...but we're a basketball school...
Yep.

3 Questions - Can the AD manage money well, can he/she raise more money for the athletic programs, and can they make good internal hires whether coaches/their  staff?

Think Mullin's gonna be able to raise more money for athletics?
No doubt - the bball coaches work hand in hand with the AD. That says it all about this move. We're going to the next level.

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 12:40:24 AM »

Monasch had no say in the MULLIN hire. Zero. This has been in the works fro awhile

Which is why I'm surprised anyone would want the AD job. AD has little say with the basketball team.  I'm pretty sure if Manetta had his choice he would have hired Cal when he had the chance.

Dan

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »
I read Monasch wanted to extend lavin and the new president overruled him. It's so refreshing to have a president who makes the right decisions instead of a criminal who let's tanman monasch run a mickey mouse operation. Good riddance.

Dan

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »

Which is why I'm surprised anyone would want the AD job. AD has little say with the basketball team.  I'm pretty sure if Manetta had his choice he would have hired Cal when he had the chance.

If the AD is the kings gm he's an alum with ties to carnesecca and mullin...he'll have a say, I'm sure.

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
I read Monasch wanted to extend lavin and the new president overruled him. It's so refreshing to have a president who makes the right decisions instead of a criminal who let's tanman monasch run a mickey mouse operation. Good riddance.

This all would have happened a year ago, only the president was in transition

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »

What was Mickey Mouse about the athletic department over past 5 years?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:40 PM »
The ineptitude of the compliance department with no consequences stands out...otherwise, Monasch did a pretty decent job.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 01:59:15 PM »
The ineptitude of the compliance department with no consequences stands out...otherwise, Monasch did a pretty decent job.

Are you just basing their ineptitude on 2 basketball players not qualifying or the other 100-150 student athletes that did qualify? Also, not sure what the compliance dept. could have done when both kids were cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »

What was the ineptitude?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
Dave, the one thing that comes to mind is losing the SJU trademark to st joes. And explain to me how channels like SNY promote uconn  mens and women's Bball.....and that was before fox sports. If you think this athletic dept was run as good as it could be that's sad.