Obekpa is NOT returning

• 137 replies

derk

Re: Obekpa is NOT returning
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »
IMO, it has nothing to do with wanting to work hard or not.   Chris kept putting his hand out looking for something.  Same situation last off-season.

How about looking to shoot a basketball in a net.

paultzman

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
@JonRothstein: St. John's transfer Chris Obekpa will visit Minnesota in the next few days, source told @CBSSports. Sit one, play one. #sjubb

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »
@GophersNow: Hearing that the #Gophers are no longer a possible destination for St. John's transfer Chris Obekpa who visited Minnesota over the weekend.

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow  17m17 minutes ago
There was interest between Obekpa and Minnesota. But it ended up not being "right fit," according to a source. Still one scholarship open.

dR3w

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
Any chance we get a repeat of last summer where he returns, or has he incinerated the bridge?

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »
More you see with Obekpa the more sketchy it look$.  I still can't picture him sitting out a year and imagine him going to the DLeague. 

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
He'd help us this year, of course, but I want no part of him returning.  And posters like Paultz have said it isn't happening, so probably no need for us to even speculate.   As I've said on Redmen, I think there is basically zero chance this kid suits through an entire transfer year and full season somewhere else.

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:37 PM »
There was interest between Obekpa and Minnesota. But it ended up not being "right fit," according to a source. Still one scholarship open.
Probably couldn't reach agreement on who's set of rules CO would follow, Pitino's or his own. Heard weed was the deal breaker.  ;D

MCNPA

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:02 PM »
Probably couldn't reach agreement on who's set of rules CO would follow, Pitino's or his own. Heard weed was the deal breaker.  ;D

Chris "The Weed Whacker" Obekpa... 😛

lihoop

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:44 AM »
Kentucky Bluegrass Sensamilla

derk

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2015, 12:03:57 PM »

Not far from the truth at all

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Watch obekpa come back and 3/4 of the people's heads here just explode.   :2funny:

Moose

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
Watch obekpa come back and 3/4 of the people's heads here just explode.   :2funny:

Never happening.

I do want to go back to all those people who defended him after he refused to enter the Providence game.  Writing was on the wall then
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
NC State is no longer an option for St. John's transfer Chris Obekpa, sources told @CBSSports. One year of eligibility remaining. #sjubb

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »
NC State is no longer an option for St. John's transfer Chris Obekpa, sources told @CBSSports. One year of eligibility remaining. #sjubb

Running out of options.

Chilleb

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »

Possibly need ship for Maverick....

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »
Unless he was either going to a top program like Kentucky or a place where they could of improved upon his scoring skill set, he should of stayed. As of right now, he's a 2nd round pick at best.

Marillac

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2015, 03:24:29 PM »

Possibly need ship for Maverick....

NC State coach is friends with Lavin and probably asked for his recommendation.  I can't imagine Lavin said anything other than "stay as far away as you can."

Dan

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2015, 11:47:24 PM »

Running out of options.

Hope he ends up getting his degree, for his sake

Basketball program wise, good riddance, I hope no other team has to deal with him

MCNPA

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2015, 02:28:13 AM »
What a waste.  Kid was the best shot blocker in college ball easily, and one of the best I've ever seen in college ball.  If his attitude was better, the sky was the limit for the kid.