Felix

• 30 replies

TONYD3

Felix
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
I think he was a poor fit for the last years team. Playing him next to Dom and Obekpa really limited what we could do. Basically I never wanted to see him play and hoped for him to transfer. However this year, No Dom. No Obekpa. Plus I think we shoot better. I think Felix is going to have a big season. Not all big east. But I think he can play 20 minutes with a few points and rebounds. His toughness and athleticism will be needed this year.

Re: Felix
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »
He definitely has the physical ability.  now just needs the skill.  i think he has an okay jumper (foul line, in) and if he isn't afraid to mix it up, he can be a solid rebounder (ala DLo)

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
Felix can be useful in spots this year. I think especially if we get Rowan he won't get much PT because of all the young talent on the team. I think we have a role though and if put in the right spots can be useful for sure.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
His defense will be needed. 

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:42:05 PM »
I like Felix a lot.  Great athlete with tools.  He's been too timid on the court.  Needs to learn to shoot and can be a tough time for people.  There aren't many better athletes at his size.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
I like Felix a lot.  Great athlete with tools.  He's been too timid on the court.  Needs to learn to shoot and can be a tough time for people.  There aren't many better athletes at his size.

I'm pretty sure there are many college players that are 6'4" that are better athletes than Felix.

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure there are many college players that are 6'4" that are better athletes than Felix.

For one I don't think he's 6'4".  The other is I doubt there are many.  Kid might be raw basketball-wise but he's a special athlete. Seen a lot over the years and Felix at his height is incredible. Not saying he's a great ball player. I thought he'd be further along at this point.  His athleticism is unbelievable.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:57:51 AM »

For one I don't think he's 6'4".  The other is I doubt there are many.  Kid might be raw basketball-wise but he's a special athlete. Seen a lot over the years and Felix at his height is incredible. Not saying he's a great ball player. I thought he'd be further along at this point.  His athleticism is unbelievable.

Im not sure what you mean 'at his height' either.  Felix, whether he is 6'4 or 6'2. Has the perfect build for athleticism.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »
The guy is a senior and we're still saying:  "he has to learn to shoot", "improve his handle", and  "he has to attack the basket more".

For all the good Felix does defensively, he's senior guard, who is a below average shooter, ball handler, and passer.     

I'll continue to root for the kid, and maybe he'll surprise us.   But there really isnt much reason to expect production from him.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 09:18:09 AM »
The guy is a senior and we're still saying:  "he has to learn to shoot", "improve his handle", and  "he has to attack the basket more".

For all the good Felix does defensively, he's senior guard, who is a below average shooter, ball handler, and passer.     

I'll continue to root for the kid, and maybe he'll surprise us.   But there really isnt much reason to expect production from him.
Especially on a team that may have depth at wing position with players that appear to have better shooting ability. Like Felix's hard play, but doubt he sees much time.

desco80

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 09:21:15 AM »

Especially on a team that may have depth at wing position with players that appear to have better shooting ability. Like Felix's hard play, but doubt he sees much time.

Exactly.   Felix is a nice player, who definitely has athleticism and can get after it defensively, but it looks like we'll have better options this season on the wings. 

redslope

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »

Exactly.   Felix is a nice player, who definitely has athleticism and can get after it defensively, but it looks like we'll have better options this season on the wings. 
It will be interesting to look at Felix's (along with other returnees) progress under Chris to see if he can improve his shooting as this would bode well for others in the future as a selling point for Chris as a coach. Whether he can turn straw into gold or the straw remains straw is up in the air.   

Wods317

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:52:02 AM »
Not comparing the two at all but you could have said a lot of same things we say about Felix about Dom also before last year. Before anyone flips out I am not comparing the two but I don't think you can count him out totally. If he gives you 10 good minutes that would be a bonus.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
Not comparing the two at all but you could have said a lot of same things we say about Felix about Dom also before last year. Before anyone flips out I am not comparing the two but I don't think you can count him out totally. If he gives you 10 good minutes that would be a bonus.

+100

desco80

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:24 PM »
Pointer was on some All American teams coming out of HS.    His flaws going into his senior year were very different from Felix, and on a completely different scale.
Pointer was a player with NBA potential but had trouble going from being a starter to an All-League player.

Felix hasn't cracked the rotation in his 3 seasons here. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:50:55 PM by desco80 »

sju89tr

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:20:29 PM »
Pointer was on some All American teams coming out of HS.    His flaws going into his senior year were very different from Felix, and on a completely different scale.
Pointer was a player with NBA potential but had trouble going from being a starter to an All-League player.

Some recruiting services had Pointer as our best recruit in the 2011 class, didn't see really what he had to offer until his senior year although the Soph year was pretty good     

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »
Mullin has him locked onto one of those medieval machines that stretches your body apart. Another 2 months until he lets him off the machine and he will be 6ft 11 and the athletic center we need

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
 :tickedoff:

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »

HS accolades aside, "The guy is a senior and we're still saying:  "he has to learn to shoot, improve his handle, and  he has to attack the basket more.
For all the good Felix (dom) does defensively, he's senior guard, who is a below average shooter, ball handler, and passer." that description is to a T what dom was entering his senior year.

Who knows what can happen. After all desco, Im sure nobody need remind you of who has been coaching felix these past 3 years..
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »

HS accolades aside, "The guy is a senior and we're still saying:  "he has to learn to shoot, improve his handle, and  he has to attack the basket more.
For all the good Felix (dom) does defensively, he's senior guard, who is a below average shooter, ball handler, and passer." that description is to a T what dom was entering his senior year.

Who knows what can happen. After all desco, Im sure nobody need remind you of who has been coaching felix these past 3 years..

I understand what you're saying Mase.   And Felix could take a jump forward.
But Dom was coming from a different place.   He was a starter who couldn't dribble or shoot well enough to be an All League player.    Felix cant shoot or dribble enough to crack the rotation.   There's a difference.
Dom also had size, and had led our team in assists two years running.    Very different players.

Felix could make a leap forward ... but that would only make him a borderline starter.