Former staff

• 37 replies
Former staff
« on: July 01, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »
Hearing they are furious how things went down and think they were railroaded by our new coach.  Hence some false rumors

mkras99

Re: Former staff
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:19:49 PM »
Lotta false rumors.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
Hearing they are furious how things went down and think they were railroaded by our new coach.  Hence some false rumors

I'm furious with how they recruited.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
Please.  I was a huge supporter of the staff for the first few years.  Had they showed the same degree of care, responsibility and thoroughness the past few years on the recruiting front, the fan base would have been clamoring for an extension, even accepting the fact that the in-game coaching, player drama and spin had much to be desired.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 05:54:58 PM »
Please.  I was a huge supporter of the staff for the first few years.  Had they showed the same degree of care, responsibility and thoroughness the past few years on the recruiting front, the fan base would have been clamoring for an extension, even accepting the fact that the in-game coaching, player drama and spin had much to be desired.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

Some were calling for extension

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »
Sucks if true. Ready to forget about all of them tbh. Season can't start soon enough.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
I call bull on this one
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »
Smells of Fratto's work... 

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »
I call bull on this one
Agree

You guys still looking for that "continuity ".

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »
Who cares?  Assuming it is true in terms of spreading a rumor exactly what does it mean?

So because someone on the former staff says they won't be eligible that means the NCAA won't clear them?

OK well then I will start a rumor that Derryck Thornton of Duke won't qualify?  I guess that means the NCAA won't clear them.

Trying to sabotage would be telling the actual recruit NOT to go to SJU after you have been fired.  Starting a rumor on something you have no control over (meaning Steve Lavin or anyone formerly employed at SJU has ZERO control over the NCAA Eligibility Center) means nothing. 

There is no secret that Lovett has eligibility issues and you don't need a rumor to convince people of that.

And that assumes it is true.  It is a waste of time either way.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »
I call bull on this one
Agree

You guys still looking for that "continuity ".

I don't understand what that means so your saying that if Lavin were given an extension he would intentionally try to sabotage himself by starting rumors that his own players would be ineligible?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:41:24 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 09:41:44 PM »
Who cares?  Assuming it is true in terms of spreading a rumor exactly what does it mean?

So because someone on the former staff says they won't be eligible that means the NCAA won't clear them?

OK well then I will start a rumor that Derryck Thornton of Duke won't qualify?  I guess that means the NCAA won't clear them.

Trying to sabotage would be telling the actual recruit NOT to go to SJU after you have been fired.  Starting a rumor on something you have no control over (meaning Steve Lavin or anyone formerly employed at SJU has ZERO control over the NCAA Eligibility Center) means nothing. 

There is no secret that Lovett has eligibility issues and you don't need a rumor to convince people of that.

And that assumes it is true.  It is a waste of time either way.

Fordham coached at Duke? :)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »
What if I told you that a former HC at SJU joined the staff in 2011 of an SEC school recruiting a top local HS player against SJU.

And what if I told you that former HC  was telling local reporters that he thought that this said player would be better off at SHU who was also recruiting him at the time and a finalist with SJU.  Even at the time that SJU was in real good shape with him.

This said player ended up going to UCLA in the end. 

Ask me if I care?  I don't.  Ask me if this former HC was probably a little bitter about being let go and probably not averse to privately rooting against SJU?  Probably true and again I don't care.  I think this former HC helped SJU thru some very difficult circumstances and in the end it did not work out but I don't hold any grudges against him and more importantly he is not at SJU so I could care less.

Follow me.  Take my advice and have the same attitude.

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »
Fordham, sju fans still a pretty tight community overall.  Rumors etc certainly can be blown off.  Guys like Mr Google etc are rabble rousing.  I understand your point, but people don't have to like this type of stuff.  It's childish to do so especially as a former spokesperson, in whatever role.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 10:15:43 PM »

This doesn't make any sense.  For all the hate the UCLA fans spewed towards Lavin, there wasn't a single hint of him doing anything like this. They would never hold back a chance to attack him either.  He is 15 years older and far less likely to do something like this at this point in his life.

He exited gracefully saying kind things about Mullin.  He'll make a great salary doing what he's actually very good at and will have more free time and much less stress.  Starting rumors, the answers to which we'll know in a matter of days, is completely pointless. 

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:39 PM »
Fordham, sju fans still a pretty tight community overall.  Rumors etc certainly can be blown off.  Guys like Mr Google etc are rabble rousing.  I understand your point, but people don't have to like this type of stuff.  It's childish to do so especially as a former spokesperson, in whatever role.

First off that is assuming it is true and more importantly who cares...

ras

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 10:20:48 PM »
Mr Google was first to break the Sheed not returning scoop. So one might think he has legitimate inside info.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
Mr Google was first to break the Sheed not returning scoop. So one might think he has legitimate inside info.

Mr Google is another disgruntled former employee of St Johns

desco80

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 09:19:48 AM »
Why would it surprise anyone that the old staff is petty and taking swipes at Mullin and co. ?   That seems like exactly the type of thing they would do.

And if SL and his cronies think they were railroaded .,.. good!    They deserved to be railroaded, bulldozed, steamrolled, and sand-bagged all on the same day.   
If you're doing a shitty job you're not entitled to know your boss's plans to replace you.    Just gtfo
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:22:04 AM by desco80 »