Former staff

• 37 replies
Re: Former staff
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 09:25:54 AM »
Why would it surprise anyone that the old staff is petty and taking swipes at Mullin and co. ?   That seems like exactly the type of thing they would do.

And if SL and his cronies think they were railroaded .,.. good!    They deserved to be railroaded, bulldozed, steamrolled, and sand-bagged all on the same day.   
If you're doing a shitty job you're not entitled to know your boss's plans to replace you.    Just gtfo

You probably believe in the tooth fairy, too.  Why are you so petty and miserable?

desco80

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
Why would it surprise anyone that the old staff is petty and taking swipes at Mullin and co. ?   That seems like exactly the type of thing they would do.

And if SL and his cronies think they were railroaded .,.. good!    They deserved to be railroaded, bulldozed, steamrolled, and sand-bagged all on the same day.   
If you're doing a shitty job you're not entitled to know your boss's plans to replace you.    Just gtfo

You probably believe in the tooth fairy, too.  Why are you so petty and miserable?

I'm generally negative towards SL.    That's it.     And I feel that its well deserved.
Do I say anything that makes you think I'm negative or petty about anything else ?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:33:21 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »

Thank
 you

desco80

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »
Keep believing SL is a good guy and was always honest with SJU.    If that helps you sleep at night, so be it.     

Foad

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 10:54:25 AM »
He is 15 years older and far less likely to do something like this at this point in his life.

He exited gracefully saying kind things about Mullin.  He'll make a great salary doing what he's actually very good at and will have more free time and much less stress.  Starting rumors, the answers to which we'll know in a matter of days, is completely pointless.

Leaving this rumor about rumors aside. Did you really watch Steve Lavin over the past five years and say to yourself, gee, this guy is certainly happy and well-adjusted? Because I think he's a hysteric and a complete nut job (albeit a high functioning nut job) and would not be surprised if I heard he shoved Mullin's pet rabbit into a pot of boiling water.

desco80

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »
He is 15 years older and far less likely to do something like this at this point in his life.

He exited gracefully saying kind things about Mullin.  He'll make a great salary doing what he's actually very good at and will have more free time and much less stress.  Starting rumors, the answers to which we'll know in a matter of days, is completely pointless.

Leaving this rumor about rumors aside. Did you really watch Steve Lavin over the past five years and say to yourself, gee, this guy is certainly happy and well-adjusted? Because I think he's a hysteric and a complete nut job (albeit a high functioning nut job) and would not be surprised if I heard he shoved Mullin's pet rabbit into a pot of boiling water.

I'm also not sure what Marillac saw from Lavin that made him think this was a person who would be "great" at describing the game of basketball.  I heard/read most of his comments the past five years and thought the opposite.   

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
A. Who Cares, they're gone
B. Perhaps if they coached better, recruited better, and made the head coach take his job seriously they would be in a better position than they are

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »
Keep believing SL is a good guy and was always honest with SJU.    If that helps you sleep at night, so be it.     

He literally did nothing to support your theory he is a terrible man. You can question his competence as a coach all you want, but your personal hate for him is amazing to me and completely unfounded.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »

He literally did nothing to support your theory he is a terrible man. You can question his competence as a coach all you want, but your personal hate for him is amazing to me and completely unfounded.
Thank you

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 01:07:36 PM »

Almost Psycho Stalkerish.

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
The hate for SL by some on this board is just strange.  Let's lighten up and enjoy the new regime.

desco80

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 01:38:45 PM »

You guys use the word hate.   I just point out (albeit repeatedly) that he was bad at his job.   
And based on the personality traits he displayed, I don't find it hard to believe he starts rumors about his successor.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »

You guys use the word hate.   I just point out (albeit repeatedly) that he was bad at his job.   
And based on the personality traits he displayed, I don't find it hard to believe he starts rumors about his successor.

There's quite honestly not a better word to use to describe the way you post about him. Give me an example of something he did in his time here that would show starting false rumors about the current regime would be something he would do.

desco80

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »

There's quite honestly not a better word to use to describe the way you post about him. Give me an example of something he did in his time here that would show starting false rumors about the current regime would be something he would do.

Telling reporters (last year) that he was in contract negotiations with SJU about an extension when there was no president and the AD was out of town and hadn't spoken to him about his contract in months.

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »

Telling reporters (last year) that he was in contract negotiations with SJU about an extension when there was no president and the AD was out of town and hadn't spoken to him about his contract in months.

Even if true, that does not make him a bad person. Spreading false rumors about Mullin and co. that would make him a bad person. Huge difference. He never did anything like that while at SJU.

desco80

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

Even if true, that does not make him a bad person. Spreading false rumors about Mullin and co. that would make him a bad person. Huge difference. He never did anything like that while at SJU.

Tried to bring in an accused rapist without  running it past any of his superiors.

desco80

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »

I think we're not talking about the same thing 212.
 I don't think it's intentional.   I think a reporter, most of us can imagine who, asked him about Lovett, SL said he doubts he'll be eligible blah blah blah.   
Do I think he's trying to spread false rumors about Mullin?   No.   I think he just talks out of his ass about any subject he's asked about.    And the effect this time is a rumor undercutting the current staff. 

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 02:16:57 PM »
This thread is tailspinning. No good to come of it.

Moving on...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle