Last Two 2015 Ships and Assistant Gig

• 30 replies

paultzman

Re: Last Two 2015 Ships and Assistant Gig
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
I have no clue about Rowan but still a chance.

I think both Heron and Rawle are out and Ponds is likely.

Wow everyone has said the opposite on Heron, why do you think we are out? Alkins I have the same feeling as you.

I know Mustapha and his dad very well. There is a reason he's played at 3 high schools and 3+ grassroots teams... loyalty doesn't mean much. I still love the  kid and his game but his recruitment won't be neat and tidy because of pre-existing relationship with Slice. I've said it in his recruiting thread I think it will be drawn out till the very end. They're looking for greener grass always.

Slice could very well get it done but I wouldn't be surprised if Mustapha pulls a Briscoe.

I believe he commits in the Fall., hopefully to SJU obviously. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:41:27 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
Paultz, your avi used to mean a lock, now it means cross fingers and toes :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:25:46 AM by Howie71 »

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
Ha! Nothing is a lock in recruiting obviously, but I continue to be confident we land Heron, Ahmed & hope Ponds wants to stay home. Add in Yakwe in 16, if he does not reclassify & I'm happy.

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »
Ha! Nothing is a lock in recruiting obviously, but I continue to be confident we land Heron, Ahmed & hope Ponds wants to stay home. Add in Yakwe in 16, if he does not reclassify & I'm happy.
3 of those 4 would be outstanding.  All 4 would be a surefire top 10 recruiting class.

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
assuming that is our first full class, how do people think it compares to lavin's of harkless, harrison, pointer, greene, garret?

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
Pretty comparable.  From a rankings perspective, the 2011 class would rate higher.  But given that we'll have a young core already in place from the '15 class, that hypothetical class might be more impactful.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »

Lets face it, even the kids we are excited about for next year are question marks...Lovett and Sima.. Sima hasn't even signed a NLI, to my knowledge. 

I guess I can only speak for myself but I am damn excited too see Mussini, Williams, and Ellison.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
Not Durand though.

QuanMan

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:48 PM »
I agree Mase. Williams in particular took 90 3's two season's ago and hit on 41% on them, that's very impressive for a 6'8 PF. Having three years of eligibility and being able to watch his development under Mullin should be awesome.

Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »
I have no clue about Rowan but still a chance.

I think both Heron and Rawle are out and Ponds is likely.

Wow everyone has said the opposite on Heron, why do you think we are out? Alkins I have the same feeling as you.

I know Mustapha and his dad very well. There is a reason he's played at 3 high schools and 3+ grassroots teams... loyalty doesn't mean much. I still love the  kid and his game but his recruitment won't be neat and tidy because of pre-existing relationship with Slice. I've said it in his recruiting thread I think it will be drawn out till the very end. They're looking for greener grass always.

Slice could very well get it done but I wouldn't be surprised if Mustapha pulls a Briscoe.

-Has final list of schools but still open (maybe the grass is greener?)
-So Heron schedules visits but won't take them (no loyalty)
-Switches last min and pops for Auburn (Briscoe playbook)

Just happened a lot sooner than I expected.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
Dave absolutely had this first and I respect it cuz originally he caught some flak for saying it when everybody and their mom had heron to sju done.  Then slowly the tune started to change but only well after Dave had  initially stepped out on the planck.  Kudos