A few updates

• 41 replies
A few updates
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
Finally going to be updating the website. My boy was supposed to do it in Spring but got hired by NBA to redesign WNBA's website (which looks great) but he's finally freed up to work on JJ. Should hopefully be done by next week.

Additionally I had a new logo designed which will hopefully offer some branding on social + website so new fans know about Johnny Jungle.

It's been a painfully slow update through the forum software for a responsive design. Responsive for those who don't know means that the forum will automatically adjust to your smart phone, tablet, and computer. I paid for a responsive system through a third party but wasn't thrilled with it which is why I've just kept the current theme we have.

I'd love to add some writers and commentators to help run the website + social media channels. If you know of anyone or maybe even some of you would like to dabble I'm all for it. It's really difficult juggling my role with UA and this.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: A few updates
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
Finally going to be updating the website. My boy was supposed to do it in Spring but got hired by NBA to redesign WNBA's website (which looks great) but he's finally freed up to work on JJ. Should hopefully be done by next week.

Additionally I had a new logo designed which will hopefully offer some branding on social + website so new fans know about Johnny Jungle.

It's been a painfully slow update through the forum software for a responsive design. Responsive for those who don't know means that the forum will automatically adjust to your smart phone, tablet, and computer. I paid for a responsive system through a third party but wasn't thrilled with it which is why I've just kept the current theme we have.

I'd love to add some writers and commentators to help run the website + social media channels. If you know of anyone or maybe even some of you would like to dabble I'm all for it. It's really difficult juggling my role with UA and this.
A lot of  people seem to think JJ is some kind of defunct site because when they click on the top heading, where it says "main site", there are four and five year old articles.  I think it scares away the less internet savvy reader.  Really think there would be more  traffic here if that was not the case.  Maybe something could be done with that heading.

Dan

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
I think until the main wesbsite gets an update you should redirect johnnyjungle.com to the forum so it doesn't look like a ghost site

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
I think until the main wesbsite gets an update you should redirect johnnyjungle.com to the forum so it doesn't look like a ghost site
Yes.  People are going to JohnnyJungle.com  and thinking it is no more.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »

A lot of  people seem to think JJ is some kind of defunct site because when they click on the top heading, where it says "main site", there are four and five year old articles.  I think it scares away the less internet savvy reader.  Really think there would be more  traffic here if that was not the case.  Maybe something could be done with that heading.

No doubt. Just want to add some new fresh content that is light & easy to produce. Old site had to jump through a lot of hoops to get things posted.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
Will there be t-shirts with the new logo?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Dave, I shot you a PM

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:23:03 PM »
Great site Dave, really appreciate it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »

Working on some things

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Suggestion: there are some posters here that write great recaps after games, or put together very thorough thoughts on a recruit, or other relevant situations.  I would suggest featuring those recaps on the homepage with direct links to the message board.  A moderator can easily identify a well-written post and have it featured.  It'd keep the content fresh and hopefully attract new participants.  Just a thought.

Thanks Dave! You're site has kept me hooked on sju year-long, not just during the season.

ras

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
Nice Logo. Now, as others said, we need updated articles, which I'm sure are coming shortly. Great site.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
I didn't realize so many people sought articles.

Where do you guys normally read articles from?

wpc77

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
I didn't realize so many people sought articles.

Where do you guys normally read articles from?

Post, Zags or News online. There is a dearth of other outlets on line for SJU hoops.

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »

Working on some things

Make sure to order a bunch of Men's mediums!
"I drink and I know things"

redslope

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »

Working on some things

Make sure to order a bunch of Men's mediums!

More likely XXL's. ;).

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »
Is there anyway to have a podcast?  Would be awesome if we could get guests ... Alumni, Reporters, etc.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
Great job Dave...much appreciated! 

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 02:09:43 PM »
Is there anyway to have a podcast?  Would be awesome if we could get guests ... Alumni, Reporters, etc.

You want to do it?

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »
Phase 1 of update. Put up a quick snippet on Shamorie and will backdate a few more posts to get Rysheed out of there but this will be new look & feel of the site. Really light, simple, and clean.

http://johnnyjungle.com

jayro

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »
Thank you Dave.  I like it a lot. Very clean and simple.  :)