Adonis?

• 36 replies
Re: Adonis?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Can't blame Lavin if this kid couldn't get into shape or get eligible. Not that hard.
That's the biggest worry - not can he play on the court, does he have the desire to play the way that is needed on the court.  I hope he answers Chris' bell. 

redslope

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »
Did ADR ever belong here? Recruitment of players was so piss poor that guys were brought in for appearance sake. Deceptive, of no value to the program. Hopefully it helped the kids out.

I'm not sure you're implying he didn't belong here on ability or grades.  But I'm fairly confident in saying, ADR can actually play on this level.  He just needs to get into shape.

No doubte he has skills and people say a good BB IQ however he is not talented enough to play at that weight as Josh Smith did 
His BB IQ is not the issue--the problem is his BB Q
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:38:49 PM by redslope »

ras

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »
I'm  still confused re ADR. Is he eligible for next year or not.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »
Can't blame Lavin if this kid couldn't get into shape or get eligible. Not that hard.

In an isolated incident, no, you don't blame Lavin. But crap like this defined Lavin's 5 years here.
If there were issues with Adonis' eligibility that should have been recognized, Lavin's staff didn't bother to recognize them.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 11:15:40 PM »
Still no straight answer. Does anyone know if he is eligible

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:40 PM »

Nope, no one knows.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 07:00:07 AM »

Nope, no one knows.
Maybe the answer will come after finals in May

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »

Since the appeal was announced there has been no official update. It is possible the appeal process hasn't been completed.  Not surprisingly the NCAA doesn't give itself deadlines
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »

Since the appeal was announced there has been no official update. It is possible the appeal process hasn't been completed.  Not surprisingly the NCAA doesn't give itself deadlines

only for SJU, if this was syracuse- smiling jim has him suited up by ACC play last season

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »

In an isolated incident, no, you don't blame Lavin. But crap like this defined Lavin's 5 years here.
If there were issues with Adonis' eligibility that should have been recognized, Lavin's staff didn't bother to recognize them.
My nephew is 2. If he was 6'11 and played on the basketball team he would have no problem getting eligible. I am sure Adonis is not Pre Med.

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »

Oh good, this way if we win the appeal he can play last season.  ::)  ???  :(

QuanMan

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
What came into question was Adonis' SAT test score and the suspicious rise his overall grade saw from Test 1 to Test 2.

So the NCAA puts him in limbo last Fall, the school then appeals, a process begins, and he is still allowed to be a college student?

Fast forward to today where he has almost a year of college credits accumulated.

I don't see anyway that the NCAA will somehow restrict him from being a D1 athlete even though he's been a proven student for 2 semesters. Especially if there's no hard evidence of cheating. Legalities have to protect him from retaking the SAT as a college sophomore.

This doesn't compute, I think he's going to win this appeal if this is the correct sequence.
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
What came into question was Adonis' SAT test score and the suspicious rise his overall grade saw from Test 1 to Test 2.

So the NCAA puts him in limbo last Fall, the school then appeals, a process begins, and he is still allowed to be a college student?

Fast forward to today where he has almost a year of college credits accumulated.

I don't see anyway that the NCAA will somehow restrict him from being a D1 athlete even though he's been a proven student for 2 semesters. Especially if there's no hard evidence of cheating. Legalities have to protect him from retaking the SAT as a college sophomore.

This doesn't compute, I think he's going to win this appeal if this is the correct sequence.
That is the way I see it also. Why is there talk of junior college?

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
If he wants to transfer and not sit out the JUCO route is way to go.

Being accepted into college and getting through NCAA clearinghouse are 2 different things.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »
Should he be leaving, Adonis should go play for Masiello
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:40:18 AM by Marco Baldi »

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »

Jermaine L can give him a few tips on transitioning to lower level league. :) What a bust so far!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:51:49 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »

Jermaine L can give him a few tips on transitioning to lower level league. :) What a bust so far!

Unreal. I always forget he is even at the school.