Slice

• 330 replies

Johnny23

Re: Slice
« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »
Very class Cal.

« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »
Things like this never happen to my teams!!!(Mets, Net, Jets) Can't stop smiling!

Moose

« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2015, 09:42:16 PM »
Pretty much same salary as Dunlap
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »
Just a hunch but Cal said all those things because he is going to be leaving for more $$$.

Wods317

« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
This may have been touched upon previously and i apologize if it has been but what's is the story behind the "slice" nickname if anyone knows.

« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2015, 11:38:04 PM »
This may have been touched upon previously and i apologize if it has been but what's is the story behind the "slice" nickname if anyone knows.

A coach gave it to him because he couldn't shoot but could slice his way to the rim.

« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2015, 12:14:37 AM »
Just a hunch but Cal said all those things because he is going to be leaving for more $$$.
And every domino in the world would be falling our way as IB high tails it back  home - lol

« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:20 AM »
As Lou once said to Chris "WE'RE GOIN MO"!  :)

« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:26 PM »
He definitely has a lot to think about.  Calipari has raised his profile again.  And he owes a lot to him.

But this is SJU, this is Mullin and this is NYC.  He said no twice, 11 years ago to Norm, 5 years ago to Lavin.  I don't think he says no again.

Hearing Mitch Richmond's name being thrown around for a spot on the staff (might be administrative).

In play...

« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
He definitely has a lot to think about.  Calipari has raised his profile again.  And he owes a lot to him.

But this is SJU, this is Mullin and this is NYC.  He said no twice, 11 years ago to Norm, 5 years ago to Lavin.  I don't think he says no again.

Hearing Mitch Richmond's name being thrown around for a spot on the staff (might be administrative).

In play...

So two main positions left, 3rd AC and DOBO.  what % of that will be filled with nba guys in your best guess fordham?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:20:23 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari
I wish Slice and Kerry nothing but the best in their new opportunity.

Slice is not only a great person, he’s a terrific coach and recruiter, and one of my most loyal friends.

As we do with players and staff, when these things arise, I want our family to do what’s right for them. I couldn't be happier for Slice.

At the end of the day, it was an offer in every way – including going home – that I didn’t think Slice could pass on.

You have to understand, we’ve been friends for 30 years. Not only that, he loved this place and the #BBN.

Let’s all congratulate Slice on his new opportunity at St. John’s. When he talked to me about the offer, we both got emotional.

Not only was it a smart use to social media, but Cal used this as an opportunity to remind everyone that he wants what's best for the individual. It certainly seems like that's true. At least, the success his players have had in the league certainly backs it up.