Conditioning Issue

• 50 replies
Re: Conditioning Issue
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »
What are the odds that he breaks a back-board this season? Thought it was going to happen on his follow-up dunk in the exhibition game.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
cant believe people are bashing Lavin because a freshman player isn't in shape. Lavin didn't call him fat or embarass him. Most teams don't let athletes play If they don't pass reasonable requirements . I am sure it's not easy. But the kid is on scholarship. I am certain he was aware what he had to do to play.
blaming Lavin is just dumb.

Not a Lavin supporter, but agree this is not his or staff's fault. Having seen Adonis many times & spoken to AAU & CHSAA coaches at different levels, the common theme was he just does not work hard. I avoided the description "lazy" because I don't want to incur the wrath of posters demanding transcripts, tapes, menus, etc. This is potentially the epitome of opportunity presented, but not taken. Wake up Adonis!

He's one game into his exhibition career and is the epitome of not taking advantage of his opportunities, which we know because his drama queen coach says he's too fat to run up and down the court. Well, I call bullshit. Harrison is too angry to play, and Jordan's throat's too sore, and Phil Greene's hip hurts and my prostate's enlarged and my daddy died and Sanchez had a baby. It's too bad every other team in the country doesn't have these sorts of issues or someday we might win a game or two.

He isn't able to run up and down the court right now. That much can't be debated. But that doesn't mean that he isn't working hard. I'm of the belief that everyone should lay off the kid's weight. If our season's success is on a freshman who wasn't expected to play much, the blame falls on our staff.

All of this hype, for 4 years, and it comes down to a freshman with a weight problem and a Bosnian that no basketball fan has ever heard of before this past summer. Not pretty.

Still, it's early, and both of them can contribute. They showed signs of that on Saturday.

Foad

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
He isn't able to run up and down the court right now. That much can't be debated. But that doesn't mean that he isn't working hard. I'm of the belief that everyone should lay off the kid's weight. If our season's success is on a freshman who wasn't expected to play much, the blame falls on our staff.

All of this hype, for 4 years, and it comes down to a freshman with a weight problem and a Bosnian that no basketball fan has ever heard of before this past summer. Not pretty.

Still, it's early, and both of them can contribute. They showed signs of that on Saturday.

I don't disagree. Obviously he's not in optimal condition. But he wasn't in optimal condition in 7 months ago when he announced or 4 months ago when he signed. To say that he's wasting his opportunity because he hasn't developed a body by jake in the three months he's been on campus is absurd. And for his coach to fat shame him is repulsive, especially considering that nearly every word that comes out of Lavin's mouth is self serving twaddle, including and and the.

I liked what I saw from ADLR. Obviously he's a basketball player. If he applies himself in a couple of years he be a force. If he doesn't there'll be more than enough time to call him names. And if the great and powerful recruiting wasn't so chaotic it wouldn't matter anyway.

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
Thought Adrian Adonis was a lot more spry than Cujo.  I'm sure he's not beating Oblockpa down the court on a run out in practice,  but he was able to hustle back on defense following a made basket just fine. I would like to see both siblings on the court together in a poor man's Collins brothers twin tower alignment.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:46:02 PM by carmineabbatiello »

desco80

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »

I don't disagree. Obviously he's not in optimal condition. But he wasn't in optimal condition in 7 months ago when he announced or 4 months ago when he signed. To say that he's wasting his opportunity because he hasn't developed a body by jake in the three months he's been on campus is absurd. And for his coach to fat shame him is repulsive, especially considering that nearly every word that comes out of Lavin's mouth is self serving twaddle, including and and the.

I liked what I saw from ADLR. Obviously he's a basketball player. If he applies himself in a couple of years he be a force. If he doesn't there'll be more than enough time to call him names. And if the great and powerful recruiting wasn't so chaotic it wouldn't matter anyway.

All of that is true.
And still Adonis will not be a pro.   

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 03:23:26 PM »
I think he gained all the weight that Lebron lost

boo3

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »

All of that is true.

So what?

Foad

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »

All of that is true.

So what?

Yes, in the first place, so what, in the second place, irrelevant, in the third place, non sequitur, in the fourth place, who cares, and in the fifth place, utter nonsense - Dele Coker plays professional basketball and Adonis is already better than him.

redslope

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »

All of that is true.
You can't teach 7 feet--there will be a spot for him somewhere.  Wenington went on to earn 3 rings (thanks to MJ) but you would not have projected him to be NBA in year one.  Big kids take more time to develop.  So 15 minutes in one game is not a predictor.

desco80

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »

All of that is true.

So what?

All of that is true.

So what?

Yes, in the first place, so what, in the second place, irrelevant, in the third place, non sequitur, in the fourth place, who cares, and in the fifth place, utter nonsense - Dele Coker plays professional basketball and Adonis is already better than him.

All of that is true.

So what?

I'm referring back to a conversation from a few days ago.   Fun took issue with my declaration that ADR wasn't a future pro, as another poster had suggested.

Of course anything is possible.   And for purposes of discussion I consider being a pro to be the NBA, d-league, or a high-level European league.
 ADR has soft hands for a big guy.  And I really welcome that, because it's been forever and a day since we had a big man who had a hook shot and could hit free throws.   But his lack of mobility is a huge issue in an era when physical play is being de-emphasized so that offensive players have freedom of movement. 
He's going to have to be able to stay with much quicker guys who are going to float around the perimeter looking to pick and roll or pick n pop.

It'll be fun to watch him for four years.   But I just think its ridiculous for anyone to say he's got the nba in his future.   He doesn't.   
But that won't stop me from enjoying him while he's in college.   Should be a good 4-year player if he can drop some weight. 

Poison

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »

All of that is true.

How can you know that now? Did you watch him on Saturday?