Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies
Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
Ponds' high school is open tomorrow. Just saying...

« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2015, 03:19:47 PM »
Not happening tomorrow.

« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
Something isn't right here. I understand kids need time to make decisions but this timeline seems to gone off the track, which can't be good if we are considered the favorite and have been for quite a while.

« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Slip sliding away!

« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »
Slip sliding away!

Oh well, and guess what?  Life goes on either way.

Poison

« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
Ponds' high school is open tomorrow. Just saying...

So, what are you saying?

Wods317

« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
To get so worked up over the decision of a 17 year old is too much. I realize hes a big recruit and we could really use him but I have faith in the staff. Looking at the big picture and looking forward to the season will do wonders, no need to stress.

paultzman

« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Shamorie Ponds father said nothing has changed, decision is "coming soon." But remains TBA. #sjubb #pcbb

Gumby

« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2015, 06:02:56 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Shamorie Ponds father said nothing has changed, decision is "coming soon." But remains TBA. #sjubb #pcbb

Paultzman, you realize that by posting this note, you will be asked by a dozen or so posters to interpret the tea leaves from the Brazille note, especially, "noting has changed" part.

My feeling is if it happens, it will happen. It is clearly our of our control.

paultzman

« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »

Paultzman, you realize that by posting this note, you will be asked by a dozen or so posters to interpret the tea leaves from the Brazille note, especially, "noting has changed" part.

My feeling is if it happens, it will happen. It is clearly our of our control.
Ha! I was told staff felt good about getting Ponds & were hopeful of wrapping this up very soon. Personally I am with you on your concluding statement.

« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »
Removed a lot of posts in here that were not on topic. Not fair to the community when they log on and have to read nonsense when they are coming here to read news on Ponds' recruitment. Lets keep it on topic, thanks.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Gumby

« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »
Removed a lot of posts in here that were not on topic. Not fair to the community when they log on and have to read nonsense when they are coming here to read news on Ponds' recruitment. Lets keep it on topic, thanks.

Dave, thanks!

« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
If this is like the Sampson recruitment then no news is bad news.  Looks like Happy and Zach were both wrong.  In this case it appears as if it's his parents that don't want him around, especially his Mom.  This has ground to a halt after yesterday's  "not just an announcement" press conference was imminent.  Not even one posting today about Shamorie.

Truly insightful post.  You shouldn't be shy about posting more of these well thought out and researched opinions.
Dave, in the short time I have been posting here I have respected you as a moderator.  When I posted the above quote, I thought that it was obvious that Ponds parents, or at least his mother, did not want him to stay in NYC.  If anyone didn't, at the time, agree with me, then that is fine.  That's what message boards are for.  But when I saw the obnoxious and vitriolic posts, especially from Pete88, I have to admit, I was taken aback.  It seemed obvious to me, based on his parents insisting he take other visits even though he himself wanted to go to SJU.

Then when Zachs article came out, confirming my theory, I grew angry about it.  Nobody is hoping, more than me, that we land him. I felt I should respond to these obnoxious posts. If Pete88 doesn't have the dignity to admit when he is wrong, and apologize for his ad hominum attacks on me, that's one thing.  But given the fact that the point I initially raised is now the central sticking point of the Ponds recruitment, and this very thread, I resent your assymetric response to the situation.  Read his post above.  That's obnoxious. Especially in light of the fact that he was dead wrong. Yet I was the one that you told to cool it.  I realize that he is not man enough to apologize, but I'm still a bit   disillusioned with you.  What's going on man?

Dude, just stop. I looked through your post history and it was aggressive towards 3 different posters all in a row. Just chill and stay on topic. Non-issue moving on...
Just one more thing and then I am done (unless the attacks continue) Please notice above that Pete88 initiated the obnoxious language, not me.  I know he has been here a lot longer than me but that is irrelevant to the situation.  Also, those "three posts in a row" that you mentioned, were in response to three separate JJ members, who first attacked me ad hominum, for my perfectly reasonable post that turned out to be correct.  They were shooting the messenger, and I was  a little shocked by that.  Should I have not responded?  Nobody will be more disappointed then me if Ponds doesn't commit here.  And no, I am not seeking credit for being the first one to accurately call the situation, but a few of these guys were shooting the messenger in very disrespectful tones.
P.S.  If anyone feels the need to respond, I would hope that they respond to the actual text of the statements and not make some general criticism about the fact that I made one more post.  For example don't say something like "Your still on this"  or "get over it dude".

« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »
Dave, thank you so much. 

« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »
I'm now hearing from some very reliable people that Shamorie's mom is complicating things considerably.  In Jim Boeheim's book "Bleeding Orange" he emphasizes the fact that you have to recruit the mothers just as much as their sons.  He was obviously very good at doing that.  Lets hope that Chris and Slice can convince her that he will be in good hands with them.

« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
Hopefully we beat out Thayer Street

« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
Zagoria said on his podcast that he heard today that this could spill into a spring decision. Called the whole situation a "mess" and said the longer it plays out could be bad for St Johns. I honestly don't want to be the "I told you so" guy but at the beginning of the whole "shamorie is a lock" talk I said that nobody with official visits left should ever be considered a lock. Whether he ends up here or not, obviously it has not turned out to be the open and shut case many thought and made it out to be. I have been following basketball and football recruiting for a while and most teams and fan bases don't even count on a kid, who is verbally committed, on being there ultimately if they're still taking visits.  Obviously some guys heard something and im not doubting any sources but I'd personally never believe something is a done deal when the kid's still gonna take officials.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:24:54 PM by shaun1345 »

wpc77

« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2015, 09:27:23 PM »
When word came out that we were recruiting the 2016 PG from CT who is 150 lbs with a wet t-shirt on, u knew things were probably going sideways. Let's see tho
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:27:59 PM by wpc77 »

« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2015, 09:45:09 PM »
Matt didn't unfollow yet did he?

« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
If this is like the Sampson recruitment then no news is bad news.  Looks like Happy and Zach were both wrong.  In this case it appears as if it's his parents that don't want him around, especially his Mom.  This has ground to a halt after yesterday's  "not just an announcement" press conference was imminent.  Not even one posting today about Shamorie.

Truly insightful post.  You shouldn't be shy about posting more of these well thought out and researched opinions.
Dave, in the short time I have been posting here I have respected you as a moderator.  When I posted the above quote, I thought that it was obvious that Ponds parents, or at least his mother, did not want him to stay in NYC.  If anyone didn't, at the time, agree with me, then that is fine.  That's what message boards are for.  But when I saw the obnoxious and vitriolic posts, especially from Pete88, I have to admit, I was taken aback.  It seemed obvious to me, based on his parents insisting he take other visits even though he himself wanted to go to SJU.

Then when Zachs article came out, confirming my theory, I grew angry about it.  Nobody is hoping, more than me, that we land him. I felt I should respond to these obnoxious posts. If Pete88 doesn't have the dignity to admit when he is wrong, and apologize for his ad hominum attacks on me, that's one thing.  But given the fact that the point I initially raised is now the central sticking point of the Ponds recruitment, and this very thread, I resent your assymetric response to the situation.  Read his post above.  That's obnoxious. Especially in light of the fact that he was dead wrong. Yet I was the one that you told to cool it.  I realize that he is not man enough to apologize, but I'm still a bit   disillusioned with you.  What's going on man?

Dude, just stop. I looked through your post history and it was aggressive towards 3 different posters all in a row. Just chill and stay on topic. Non-issue moving on...
Just one more thing and then I am done (unless the attacks continue) Please notice above that Pete88 initiated the obnoxious language, not me.  I know he has been here a lot longer than me but that is irrelevant to the situation.  Also, those "three posts in a row" that you mentioned, were in response to three separate JJ members, who first attacked me ad hominum, for my perfectly reasonable post that turned out to be correct.  They were shooting the messenger, and I was  a little shocked by that.  Should I have not responded?  Nobody will be more disappointed then me if Ponds doesn't commit here.  And no, I am not seeking credit for being the first one to accurately call the situation, but a few of these guys were shooting the messenger in very disrespectful tones.
P.S.  If anyone feels the need to respond, I would hope that they respond to the actual text of the statements and not make some general criticism about the fact that I made one more post.  For example don't say something like "Your still on this"  or "get over it dude".

Unbelievable....7 day BAN! I don't have time to deal with nonsense and have one person ruin everything for all. This thread is about Shamorie Ponds not you.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle