Obekpa

• 479 replies

Chilleb

Re: Obekpa
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
If Obekpa stays, we should be reminded of that everytime Chileb posts "inside" information.
If Obekpa stays, we should be reminded of that everytime Chileb posts "inside" information.

Ha! Was that a shot? I have a pretty good track record but like everyone else on this planet, myself and my sources aren't perfect. I root for the same team you do dude, do I want him to go of course not! So if he stays Ima bad guy if he leaves Ima good guy?!? Wheres the sense and logic in that. Whatever happens is beyond little old chille; a poster on Johnny jungle. but I guess this is the nature of our community and board when posters try to involve there fellow posters with latest news,team info, recruits or anything under the sun. It's always met with pure misery.

ras

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:15:35 PM »
[/

Ha! Was that a shot? I have a pretty good track record but like everyone else on this planet, myself and my sources aren't perfect. I root for the same team you do dude, do I want him to go of course not! So if he stays Ima bad guy if he leaves Ima good guy?!? Wheres the sense and logic in that. Whatever happens is beyond little old chille; a poster on Johnny jungle. but I guess this is the nature of our community and board when posters try to involve there fellow posters with latest news,team info, recruits or anything under the sun. It's always met with pure misery.
I appreciate it when people post when they have reliable info. Kids change their mind everyday. So what is true one day, could change the next.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:28:17 PM by ras »

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
I would have been pissed too.

Pissed about what?

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »

Pissed about what?

Sitting on the bench for too long while the season drifts away because nobody can box out and stop Providence's volleyball attack.  It doesn't make any sense to preserve a kid's minutes if the game is going to get out of hand.  I'd be pissed...these kids are competitors and we have to realize that.  He's also like 19. 

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »

Amazing isn't  it?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:03:27 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
I am hearng Baylor

tongue in cheek?

Harrison should have gone to Baylor.
As I stated during the Harrison posts I have no inside information. Harrison to Baylor made sense to me if he was going to transfer. But it was mostly to bother anti DLO people on board.
Obekpa is based on nothing, was a joke. Besides him clearly looking pissed off all season, only thing I have seen is the Redmen chatter that he refused to go back into game.

Harrison nearly left for OK State. Decided it was best option to come back.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »
I am hearng Baylor

tongue in cheek?

As I stated during the Harrison posts I have no inside information. Harrison to Baylor made sense to me if he was going to transfer. But it was mostly to bother anti DLO people on board.
Obekpa is based on nothing, was a joke. Besides him clearly looking pissed off all season, only thing I have seen is the Redmen chatter that he refused to go back into game.

Another troll

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »

Dont sweat it chilleb. Appreciate the info
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
I am hearng Baylor

tongue in cheek?

Another troll

Notice the difference in the delivery of the information.

If Baldi had heard D'Angelo was considering OK State his post would read something like:

"Harrison is gone. OK State. I heard from Dean Wormer."

As if it were a done deal, no debate about it. I know it's his thing to stir the pot, and sometimes I like what he has to post on certain subjects, but it's infuriating sometimes. If you have info, share it, but don't pretend like you know more than you do, and don't present rumors as fact, and don't assume the worst possible outcome. If you hear Harrison is considering transferring, tell the board "Harrison may be considering a transfer, take it for what it's worth."

This is just my opinion, but I'm sure others get frustrated with it as well.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 08:01:41 AM »
don't assume the worst possible outcome.

You haven't been a SJ fan very long, have you.

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »

Pissed about what?

Sitting on the bench for too long while the season drifts away because nobody can box out and stop Providence's volleyball attack.  It doesn't make any sense to preserve a kid's minutes if the game is going to get out of hand.  I'd be pissed...these kids are competitors and we have to realize that.  He's also like 19.

Oh and Obekpa deserved to be in the game because he had been playing so well?   He picked up two dumb fouls within 1.5 mins in first half.  Another dumb foul within 1.5 mins in second half.  At that rate he had roughly 3 mins Max of game time left.  Giving him an 8 min breather to hopefully compose himself and play a strong last ten mins was not a bad decision.  Problem is when Lavin tried to put him back in word is Obekpa refuse. That's on Chris not coach. No one has an entitlement to minutes especially a guy who's head was out of the game from second one.  It's not like coac as putting him back in with 2 mins left down 20.  We still had a chance and as the team showed they nearly won without Obekpa.

The time to get pissed at your coach is not when he's trying to put you back in the biggest game of your life.  Play your game and lodge your complaints afterward.

Marillac you are acting like the argument was Obekpa yelling at coach to put him back in the game!  That I could respect at least even if not appropriate either.  That shows a competitor fire that I would appreciate.  Dude got pissed when the coach tried to put him back in.  If the rumors are true, that's bs and he hurt his whole team by doing so. 

As a former coach I am surprised you would side w a player refusing to go in...what if one of your players did that to you?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »

Not as long as you.

Foad

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »

Not as long as you.

Your hopes will be dashed soon enough. Carry on.

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »

Not as long as you.

Your hopes will be dashed soon enough. Carry on.

Hint to spot recent fans.  If you call the team Red Storm you haven't been a fan very long.  Also, if you don't remember the fat guy who used to take his T-Shirt and wave it over his head you are not the true cynic that a SJU (Not STJ...I think I just threw up in my mouth typing that) fan was born to be...

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 11:45:08 AM »

Pissed about what?

Oh and Obekpa deserved to be in the game because he had been playing so well?   He picked up two dumb fouls within 1.5 mins in first half.  Another dumb foul within 1.5 mins in second half.  At that rate he had roughly 3 mins Max of game time left.  Giving him an 8 min breather to hopefully compose himself and play a strong last ten mins was not a bad decision.  Problem is when Lavin tried to put him back in word is Obekpa refuse. That's on Chris not coach. No one has an entitlement to minutes especially a guy who's head was out of the game from second one.  It's not like coac as putting him back in with 2 mins left down 20.  We still had a chance and as the team showed they nearly won without Obekpa.

The time to get pissed at your coach is not when he's trying to put you back in the biggest game of your life.  Play your game and lodge your complaints afterward.

Marillac you are acting like the argument was Obekpa yelling at coach to put him back in the game!  That I could respect at least even if not appropriate either.  That shows a competitor fire that I would appreciate.  Dude got pissed when the coach tried to put him back in.  If the rumors are true, that's bs and he hurt his whole team by doing so. 

As a former coach I am surprised you would side w a player refusing to go in...what if one of your players did that to you?

Exactly.  Hollywood handled it as it's written in the coaching 101 handbook.  You pick up two fouls in the 1st minute,  than you sit the rest of the half if your team is keeping it close.  You pick up another foul 30 seconds in to the second half (incredible, isn't it?) and you sit till about the ten minute mark.

Oblockpa should have had nobody to be pissed at but himself.  If, and I don't believe it,  he actually refused to go back into the biggest game of the year...it's a disgrace.

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
If Obekapa didn't refuse to go back into game, Lavin did a bad job not realizing he needed him. If Obekpa did refuse to go back into game, as much as I like Obekpa he needs to be suspended and if he is not there is a double standard and Harrison's suspension last year was pure BS!

Tha Kid

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
If Obekapa didn't refuse to go back into game, Lavin did a bad job not realizing he needed him. If Obekpa did refuse to go back into game, as much as I like Obekpa he needs to be suspended and if he is not there is a double standard and Harrison's suspension last year was pure BS!

What was Obekpa doing that game that makes you think he was needed?  3 fouls in 3 minutes.

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »

What was Obekpa doing that game that makes you think he was needed?  3 fouls in 3 minutes.

Obekpa when in the game is a factor. Maybe he would have fouled out 2 minutes later but I would have liked him in there. Def instead of GG and Pointer.

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »

Sanchez and Sampson were getting worked on the glass. 3 guys on Providence were in double figures rebounding. I thought GG or Obekpa needed to get some minutes at some point.

I'm not a big fan of sitting due to foul trouble. I think it becomes counter productive at some point.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
Both WASJU and Dave, I agree with you that Obekpa should have gone in, but how much earlier are we talking if rumors are true that Lavin tried to insert him around the 10 minute mark.  Like at 13-14 minutes?  If we're getting riled up about a 3-4 minute difference, it seems to be splitting hairs to some extent in the heat of the moment, esp. if Lavin already sensed that Obekpa did not have his head in the game.

I agree it would have been smart to put Obekpa in just to see if it worked, but nothing I saw from that day makes me think it would have made any difference, personally.  Sanchez was getting worked on the glass but ended up manning up and being aggressive about rebounding in our come back.