Obekpa

• 479 replies
Re: Obekpa
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »
If Obekpa stays, we should be reminded of that everytime Chileb posts "inside" information.
If Obekpa stays, we should be reminded of that everytime Chileb posts "inside" information.

Ha! Was that a shot? I have a pretty good track record but like everyone else on this planet, myself and my sources aren't perfect. I root for the same team you do dude, do I want him to go of course not! So if he stays Ima bad guy if he leaves Ima good guy?!? Wheres the sense and logic in that. Whatever happens is beyond little old chille; a poster on Johnny jungle. but I guess this is the nature of our community and board when posters try to involve there fellow posters with latest news,team info, recruits or anything under the sun. It's always met with pure misery.

It was tongue in cheek.  I enjoy your posts...even the negative ones.

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
@obekpa12: Happy and grateful one of my dreams came true. Check out my foundation http://t.co/jjXY30nmOv #healtheworld #savethekids #tomorrowsleaders

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 03:26:50 PM »
same guy that broke the Sampson story

Jay @JayOn_1
Chris Obepka is seriously thinking about declaring for the NBA draft. This dude has got to be high

DFF6

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
same guy that broke the Sampson story

Jay @JayOn_1
Chris Obepka is seriously thinking about declaring for the NBA draft. This dude has got to be high

Oh shiznit.  We're doomed.  Check's in the mail Moose.

cjfish

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »
CO and Sampson going pro is a joke, neither is close to ready.  Their skills are wanting and they have HS bodies.  I am available to help them put on the weight they need using my regime of pizza, beer and weights.  They were moved around the paint this year by anyone with any size.  Imagine when they are in D league (forget NBA) and playing with 240lb+ men who live in the weight room.  Good luck Jakarr, you will need it.  Hopefully CO will stay.

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »
PM'ed

Marillac - delete the last post with the quotes and we should be good to go.

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
Obekpa chris @obekpa12
Dream big or remain small...

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
Obekpa chris @obekpa12
Dream big or remain small...

Dream big and remain smart...

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
We didn't make the tourny with both of these dudes. See ya

DFF6

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »

Then just think how bad we will be without them.

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »

Can it get any worse? NIT is a joke, no one cares

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »

Can it get worse than being a bubble team and 20 wins? What short memories some of us have.

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »

Can it get worse than being a bubble team and 20 wins? What short memories some of us have.

We weren't a bubble team at the end of the season. We had no chance of hearing our name on selection Sunday. That's not a bubble team

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 05:26:29 PM »

You make the tourny or you don't. What else matters?

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »

+1

I remember when we were lucky to the CBI or what ever they call that other tournament.

I do not want to be in the NIT every year but if people think that we are going to be an NCAA tournament team every year you are nuts.

I am disappointed on how this year went as I really thought we could have made the Sweet 16. That was my goal.

It did not happen and we need to move on. We only want players who want to be here and be coached.

Good Luck to the guy who want to leave.

St John's Forever.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:28:38 PM by Red2395 »

Poison

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »

+1

I remember when we were lucky to the CBI or what ever they call that other tournament.

I do not want to be in the NIT every year but if people think that we are going to be an NCAA tournament team every year you are nuts.

I am disappointed on how this year went as I really thought we could have made the Sweet 16. That was my goal.

It did not happen and we need to move on. We only want players who want to be here and be coached.

Good Luck to the guy who want to leave.

St John's Forever.....

We used really, really suck. Now we just suck.

goredmen

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »

Its funny how people think we can have a successful season without making the tournament but think we can look down upon most A-10 and AAC programs. Can't have it both ways

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 06:04:29 PM »

Its funny how people think we can have a successful season without making the tournament but think we can look down upon most A-10 and AAC programs. Can't have it both ways

No one is saying it was successful. But we could have only won 10 games. Would that have been worse or the same?

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »

We weren't a bubble team at the end of the season. We had no chance of hearing our name on selection Sunday. That's not a bubble team

1 seed in the NIT, rumored we were one of 4 teams considered for the last spot, so yes, we were a bubble team. On the outside looking in, yeah, but still classified as a bubble team.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:07:11 PM by redstorm212 »

goredmen

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »

No one is saying it was successful. But we could have only won 10 games. Would that have been worse or the same?

To me, winning 10 games this season would have been no different than what actually happened. Had this been a team full of freshmen like 2 years ago then yes worse seasons than this could have happened. But this was a team of veterans that should have made the tournament. I'm not into moral victories so to me not making the tournament is just as much of a failure as winning 10 games
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:01:51 PM by goredmen »