Obekpa

• 479 replies

Marillac

Re: Obekpa
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
And when I first got wind of this story  a month ago I was crucified. Smh. Don't kill the messenger

Keep the info coming, Chilleb.
If you don't give info my boy Marco Baldi will just make something up. 

MCNPA

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
I can't believe how we are imploding like this.  Unbelievable...

NYCoffey

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
As I say at work "noones dying here. The earth isn't crumbling under our feet." Let's see what happens.  Obekpa is still on the team and kids are decommiting at an alarming rate for a lot of teams. Even if obekpa leaves we may bring in some pieces to offset it. Maybe we don't but don't overreact until it's done. Things will be a lot better if Obekpa comes back, thou and I can't see him taking a year off when just last year he was talking nba.

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
things have to be really bad for him to leave.  his best friend on the team is Greene and from what we can see Phil is Lavin's favorite player.  So I have to imagine Phil is/should be trying to convince Chris to stay. I would also think Harrison's experience could serve as an example of how Chris can have a fresh start next season.

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
How about Obekpa to the Globetrotters? It is as good a rumor as any other one on this board.

ForeverYoung

• king and the pawn end up in the same box
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2014, 01:16:08 AM »
I was told Chris has a choice.
A-be part of SJU, shape up his attitude,
B-feel free to transfer/sign with agent for NBDL or Europe

This all comes from the attitude and drama he created during last few weeks and especially BE tourney.  (refusing to enter the game in 2nd half)
He was given few days to decide and report back with his decision.
As of now I am told he is most likely staying but don't hold your breath if his decision changes.

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »

This all comes from the attitude and drama he created during last few weeks and especially BE tourney.  (refusing to enter the game in 2nd half)
As of now I am told he is most likely staying but don't hold your breath if his decision changes.

This I believe 100%. Hope he stays but it's up to him.

mkras99

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2014, 08:23:04 AM »
FY - hearing anything about 2014 recruits?

Where's SJU79 when you need him...

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
This makes sense, get your sh*t together or pack your bags.
With his attitude, the coaching staff had no other choice.

paultzman

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »

Hope he stays, but this rumor we treat as gospel?

mkras99

« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
Don't treat any of them as gospel. Just note that something smells rotten in Denmark.

Foad

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:03 AM »

He was free to transfer anyway, wasn't he? Or has the 13th amendment been repealed.

This all comes from the attitude and drama he created during last few weeks

Yeah, because Lavin hates drama. I'd provide some examples but I'm late for an open casket candlelight vigil for my father, he died in 1982, I'm still not over it. Just hope I can eulogize him properly, my tonsillitis has been acting up treat.

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »

He was free to transfer anyway, wasn't he? Or has the 13th amendment been repealed.

This all comes from the attitude and drama he created during last few weeks

Yeah, because Lavin hates drama. I'd provide some examples but I'm late for an open casket candlelight vigil for my father, he died in 1982, I'm still not over it. Just hope I can eulogize him properly, my tonsillitis has been acting up treat.

Sorry for your loss.

paultzman

« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »
Don't treat any of them as gospel. Just note that something smells rotten in Denmark.

I think that was essentially what Kevin said on Redmen. He is very close to the program and simply stated the people he spoke to, assumably SJU contacts, indicated Chris was leaving. I simply shared his post which I think is appropriate. Frankly I heard rumors and his post added to my concern.

mkras99

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
I hear you, Paultz. Is what it is at this point. Lack of any positive news is just disheartening. Would be nice to be mentioned with a transfer or 2014 recruit other than Adonis. Plenty of time though.

paultzman

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
I hear you, Paultz. Is what it is at this point. Lack of any positive news is just disheartening. Would be nice to be mentioned with a transfer or 2014 recruit other than Adonis. Plenty of time though.

Agree on badly needed positive news for sure.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:53:35 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »
As I say at work "noones dying here. The earth isn't crumbling under our feet." Let's see what happens.  Obekpa is still on the team and kids are decommiting at an alarming rate for a lot of teams. Even if obekpa leaves we may bring in some pieces to offset it. Maybe we don't but don't overreact until it's done. Things will be a lot better if Obekpa comes back, thou and I can't see him taking a year off when just last year he was talking nba.

The team is dying.  The program is crumbling under our feet.  The sky is really falling!  Chicken Little is heading for the skillet.  What more do you need to know?

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »

Agree on badly needed positive news for sure.

My father used to say that things are always darkest just before there's no light at all.

On the other hand If there is a saving grace to Coach Lavin it is that he has been uncanny in surprising us with exciting additions to the roster whenever the landscape appeared irredeemably bleak.

desco80

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »

I think that was essentially what Kevin said on Redmen. He is very close to the program and simply stated the people he spoke to, assumably SJU contacts, indicated Chris was leaving. I simply shared his post which I think is appropriate. Frankly I heard rumors and his post added to my concern.

I think there are two sides to this coming out as well.
1) Chris was unhappy and thinking of leaving,  some of the rumors are coming from people who have heard this.
2) The staff is unhappy with Chris and wants him to shape and get with the program, or pack his bags.  The other comments are coming from people who have heard this from the staff or people close to the program.

The CO leaving rumors have been coming from two angles.    That said, he could still end up staying.

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
I wonder if the players want Obekpa back after the stunt he pulled?