ESPN article on High Risk, High Reward teams

• 29 replies
Re: ESPN article on High Risk, High Reward teams
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »
Close call Dave. Arch is a better college basketball player right now. Jordan has more upside.  I have no doubt we would have more wins with Arch. But if Jordan continued to do what he has done recently, I think he will be first team all conference.

Jordan is more athletic and I think people equate that alone with talent. Shooting, decision-making, saavy, toughness all play into whether one is a talented basketball player.  And I think Arch is better right now than Sheed in all of those areas (and Sheed is better than Arch in certain respects).

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 06:58:00 PM »
Meant Sheed will be a first team all conference player NEXT year if he shows the maturation and improvement he has this last stretch.

ras

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 07:02:06 PM »
I do not believe we are the most talented roster in the Big East.  We are in the top 4-5, but were more talented last year.
We were deeper last year. But when healthy I think this years starting 5 is better.

SJUFAN

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:57 PM »
I do not believe we are the most talented roster in the Big East.  We are in the top 4-5, but were more talented last year.

I have to agree. Too much emphasis is placed on athleticism and not enough on basketball skills. Dom is a great athlete, and has started to put it together these past few weeks. But his ball handling and shooting, (not shooting %) needs improvement. Think the same applies with Jordan.   

hnk

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
Dom, Sheed, D'LO, and Chris are all way better this year than last year.

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
So are Phil and Jamal. But we had Sampson and Sanchez plus Gift - who would be the 7th man on this squad and was the 10th or 11th last year.

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 09:06:36 AM »
Arch is not a key cog...hes the worst player in their starting 5.

Get out of here, ask jay wright how he feels. Least expendable player on their roster.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:06:52 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 09:27:44 AM »

I have to agree. Too much emphasis is placed on athleticism and not enough on basketball skills. Dom is a great athlete, and has started to put it together these past few weeks. But his ball handling and shooting, (not shooting %) needs improvement. Think the same applies with Jordan.   

Last year, we were one of the worst 3 pt shooting teams in the league.  This year, we are one of the best.  Our turnover numbers are down and our assist numbers are better.  Our  3 pt defense is significantly better.  All of those are "basketball skills."  If anything, we had more athletes last year.  That team was deeper but this team is playing better basketball.

hnk

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 09:36:59 AM »
Maturity? Coaching? Chemistry?

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »

Who would you rather have? Jordan or Arch?
that is a great question, first thought is Arch because he is consistent and a pure point guard. Sheed can be very good as he has the past few games, but I am never sure which Sheed is showing up.