Seton Hall Thread

• 165 replies

TONYD3

Re: Seton Hall Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
The team played well yesterday. Coaches deserve the credit. Seton hall is a good team. We have beaten some good teams this year. Yesterday we took 11 3's. I would guess the first time we played we took closer to 3 times that number. Yesterday did not feel like an upset, it looked like the better team won. Yesterday we competed for rebounds and played some defense. Yesherday we had a plan to stop ( or atleast limit) Delgado. Yesterday we played at a reasonable tempo, didn't take/ miss awful shots, didn't give up easy baskets. Besides Ellison and ponds in 1st few minutes, silly fouls were eliminated. Yesterday I think we held seton hall to 27 first half points. (Not 50)! That is wining basketball!

We have 6 guaranteed games left. None are easy. All are winnable. No team left on our schedule is an awful matchup. This team has talent. It had talent last month also. Our record could (I think shoukd be better). If Coach Mullin finishes the season out tough no one will be bashing him.

I hope this team gives us a good month.

Foad

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »
Seton Hall recap: http://www.bigeastboards.com/
Gina Lollobrigida to complete the trifecta

GLB, overrated. Virna Lisi, underrated.

Foad

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »
The team played well yesterday. Coaches deserve the credit. Seton hall is a good team. We have beaten some good teams this year. Yesterday we took 11 3's. I would guess the first time we played we took closer to 3 times that number. Yesterday did not feel like an upset, it looked like the better team won. Yesterday we competed for rebounds and played some defense. Yesherday we had a plan to stop ( or atleast limit) Delgado. Yesterday we played at a reasonable tempo, didn't take/ miss awful shots, didn't give up easy baskets. Besides Ellison and ponds in 1st few minutes, silly fouls were eliminated. Yesterday I think we held seton hall to 27 first half points. (Not 50)! That is wining basketball!

We have 6 guaranteed games left. None are easy. All are winnable. No team left on our schedule is an awful matchup. This team has talent. It had talent last month also. Our record could (I think shoukd be better). If Coach Mullin finishes the season out tough no one will be bashing him.

At the risk of being my usual unpleasant argumentative self, a month ago you said that anyone who thought Mullin knows what he's doing was delusional. Have you changed your opinion? To my untutored eye he seems to be improving game by game and even half by half and half the fun I'm having watching 'the process' unfold is watching him grow as a head coach. It makes me warm and fuzzy, nearly. Other than McDermott - I think he's the best of the bunch - and  Mack and Wright obviously I wouldn't trade him straight up for any of them and I wouldn't trade him anyway because he's Chris effing Mullin and he's on the come. What say you?

Wods317

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »

I think we all questioned the staff a bit when we're 5-7 before the cuse game but since then this has been a different team. 

Uh, no we all didn't.

+1
Exactly.  Not all of us were running around screaming for Mullin to be fired, and blaming everything including the heat in alumni hall on poor Mitch Richmond, who is clearly a dope and doesn't do anything but collect a pay check.

That's not even close to what I said lol. You can read my posts and I have supported the staff fully. By questioning the staff I meant questioning their gameplan, substitutions, etc not saying they should be fired or anything close to that. I have said over and over that Mullin should get a long leash and should be judged starting with this season because he has players this year. Anyone calling for the staff to be fired is delusional.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:01:33 PM by Wods317 »

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »
If Coach Mullin finishes the season out tough no one will be bashing him.

You still don't get it. 

If Coach Mullin finishes out the season losing every remaining game he still should have no one bashing him. 

His record will have improved from one win his initial season to six wins this season.  That should be more than enough to appease even the most hostile naysayer.  And that's before I even go into my whole the Johnny living legend should never hear a negative word shtick.

TONYD3

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2017, 09:21:25 AM »

At the risk of being my usual unpleasant argumentative self, a month ago you said that anyone who thought Mullin knows what he's doing was delusional. Have you changed your opinion? To my untutored eye he seems to be improving game by game and even half by half and half the fun I'm having watching 'the process' unfold is watching him grow as a head coach. It makes me warm and fuzzy, nearly. Other than McDermott - I think he's the best of the bunch - and  Mack and Wright obviously I wouldn't trade him straight up for any of them and I wouldn't trade him anyway because he's Chris effing Mullin and he's on the come. What say you?
I am changing my opinion. As you have told me basketball is simple. If you play smart you have a chance to win. Trust me, I want Chris mullin To succeed as much as you do.