Matt A

• 695 replies

Marillac

Re: Matt A
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
Or hire Rowan Barrett and get his son and his son's friends and
open a pipeline to the talent north if the border.

goredmen

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »
Matt isn't worth 450k. Simple as that.  He's good but that is upper echelon assistant money. Joe3 could get guys to campus to visit Mullin and Richmond.

Hire Michael Porter Sr. and get the #1 player in 2017, the #26 player in 2018, and maybe some coaching ability.

Whether Matt is a top echelon assistant is up for debate, but losing him means losing almost all of the progress made on 2018 guys which is setting up to be a make or break year for us recruiting-wise.

I think you overestimate how much recruits actually care about Mullin and Richmond. Just because they are hall of fame players doesn't mean they know how to develop 18-22 year old players into NBA players. Recruits won't care until Mullin and Richmond can show they have turned 4 star recruits into NBA players. Top tier recruits don't care that John Calipari only played at Clarion, they care that he knows how to help them get ready for the NBA.

Porter Sr is already on a staff, oh well

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
Matt isn't worth 450k. Simple as that.  He's good but that is upper echelon assistant money. Joe3 could get guys to campus to visit Mullin and Richmond.

Hire Michael Porter Sr. and get the #1 player in 2017, the #26 player in 2018, and maybe some coaching ability.

Mike Glennon isn't worth 15 million but market dictated that but I get your point.

Iowa St. still crushing it with players Matt recruited. Bottom line is St. Johns is better with him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
A lot more involved with Porter than simply giving his dad a job. Agent$ and brand$ heavily involved there. Kid is special player.

desco80

« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
For all those skeptical about Mike Rice and his past: the dude has done all the right things since the incidents.  He has taken full accountability and apologized.  He has undergone counseling, attended John Lucas's program. He has met with LGBT groups and apologized to them.  He humbled himself by starting back at the bottom rung of basketball by holding Hoop Group workouts for teens and adolescents, then by working as an assistant for a HS team.  To me, hes done all the right things and deserves another chance.

He is highly regarded as a coach in the industry, hes well liked by his current HS players and he also coaches 3 of the 2018 targets we are going after.  He is a strong teacher on the defensive end of the floor and a strong player developer.  He is absolutely the perfect fit for what this program needs.  Hire Mike Rice!!

He should be hired no matter what happens with this other guy

"this other guy" ?

Did Matt A steal your puppy Baldi?   You disrespect the guy every opportunity you get.

« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »
For all those skeptical about Mike Rice and his past: the dude has done all the right things since the incidents.  He has taken full accountability and apologized.  He has undergone counseling, attended John Lucas's program. He has met with LGBT groups and apologized to them.  He humbled himself by starting back at the bottom rung of basketball by holding Hoop Group workouts for teens and adolescents, then by working as an assistant for a HS team.  To me, hes done all the right things and deserves another chance.

He is highly regarded as a coach in the industry, hes well liked by his current HS players and he also coaches 3 of the 2018 targets we are going after.  He is a strong teacher on the defensive end of the floor and a strong player developer.  He is absolutely the perfect fit for what this program needs.  Hire Mike Rice!!

"this other guy" ?

Did Matt A steal your puppy Baldi?   You disrespect the guy every opportunity you get.

Straight out of the Bill Parcels playbook.

« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »

"this other guy" ?

Here I thought I was being nice.

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »

Porter Sr is already on a staff, oh well

Cuonzo Martin already hired him.

« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:53 PM »

Anton Goff‏ @AD_Goff_StJohns

#SJUBB I just read all the comments. I love the passion. This is what makes this place special!!!

goredmen

« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »
Matt unfollowed LSU Basketball but not the two LSU beat writers.

Man, this is what it has come to with no college basketball to watch

Marillac

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2017, 08:52:50 PM »

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Moose

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2017, 08:55:56 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

He's got some reputation

desco80

« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »
I'm buying my man Baldi and Moose some beers pregame before the Garden next year for some story time...

Childish ain't the word.

He's got some reputation

« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »
How can you see who someone unfollows on Twitter?

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

Is it childish to pay attention to that? I for one follow and unfollow accounts from time to time. Things get to cluttered following too many.

Moose

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

I was never like others were and quickly saw the full picture.

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:04 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

I don't think unfollow or follow is that serious. I think this is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:44 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Im gonna trust that there is more than just this follow/unfollow bs.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:09:26 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.