Matt A

• 695 replies

Moose

Re: Matt A
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
Matt unfollowed LSU Basketball but not the two LSU beat writers.

Man, this is what it has come to with no college basketball to watch

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

I was never like others were and quickly saw the full picture.

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

I don't think unfollow or follow is that serious. I think this is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

With all due respect Is your opinion a little biased though?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

I don't think unfollow or follow is that serious. I think this is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

He is one of my best friends but I don't think who he follows/unfollows is a big deal or even a little deal for that matter. A little anal? Yes but who cares?!?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2017, 09:14:51 PM »
Side note glad you're back Moose. We all missed ya.

« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2017, 09:15:46 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

LOL

Yeah, that's pretty lame and juvenile.

Moose

« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

He is one of my best friends but I don't think who he follows/unfollows is a big deal or even a little deal for that matter. A little anal? Yes but who cares?!?

We will agree to disagree. I would think if he recruits a kid he develops a bond with a kid. Whether the kid picks the school or not. To unfollow to me is petty.

As for the LSU things today it's entirely different and screams trolling to me

« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

We will agree to disagree. I would think if he recruits a kid he develops a bond with a kid. Whether the kid picks the school or not. To unfollow to me is petty.

I don't think following or unfollowing someone on twitter has anything to do with their bond.

Matt Norlander from CBS has been a friend of mine for a long time. He follows me and unfollows me regularly. When I'm more recruiting heavy in my tweets he follows then he'll unfollow when I go off that path. He likes to keep his timeline uncluttered from noise that isn't important to his business.

Some dudes are just really organized and matter of fact.

Moose

« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2017, 09:21:55 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

I don't think following or unfollowing someone on twitter has anything to do with their bond.

Matt Norlander from CBS has been a friend of mine for a long time. He follows me and unfollows me regularly. When I'm more recruiting heavy in my tweets he follows then he'll unfollow when I go off that path. He likes to keep his timeline uncluttered from noise that isn't important to his business.

Isn't that what Twitter lists are for?

Moose

« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »
And I don't want this to get lost. I want to see a change to the staff. Whether it's Matt or Mitch I don't care. If Matt wants more and he's the only one on the road then give him the money and trim the other fat. Can't have two high priced assistants like we do. So regardless of my feelings towards any one person I am all for a reshuffle however it shakes out the money tree

MCNPA

« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »
And I don't want this to get lost. I want to see a change to the staff. Whether it's Matt or Mitch I don't care. If Matt wants more and he's the only one on the road then give him the money and trim the other fat. Can't have two high priced assistants like we do. So regardless of my feelings towards any one person I am all for a reshuffle however it shakes out the money tree

I think this is the point and the way most of us feel.  Personally I'd rather see a guy like Rice or another recruiter than Mitch here.  I think Mullin has enough NBA gravitas to sell to kids.  I'd rather Mitch's spot go to a tireless recruiter and/or former head-coach type, whether it's Rice or somebody else.

« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »

This is fair.

I really liked Mitch in special assistant role. No disrespect to him but I just can't see him on the road. Play to your strengths.

« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Lists that's so 2013.

But seriously twitter really makes it hard to add and view lists on mobile.

Moose

« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Lists that's so 2013.

But seriously twitter really makes it hard to add and view lists on mobile.

I know I'm not cool. I don't Snapchat

« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »

I think this is the point and the way most of us feel.  Personally I'd rather see a guy like Rice or another recruiter than Mitch here.  I think Mullin has enough NBA gravitas to sell to kids.  I'd rather Mitch's spot go to a tireless recruiter and/or former head-coach type, whether it's Rice or somebody else.

Matt- Recruiter (Let him be the alpha in this role)
St. Jean- Clipboard Strategy (He knows what he's doing an expect even more with more experience)
Mitch- Player Development (Can do this is special assistant role)
???- Someone with head coaching experience who understands recruiting landscape. (imo someone like Mike Rice fits this bill)

Moose

« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »

Matt- Recruiter (Let him be the alpha in this role)
St. Jean- Clipboard Strategy (He knows what he's doing an expect even more with more experience)
Mitch- Player Development (Can do this is special assistant role)
???- Someone with head coaching experience who understands recruiting landscape. (imo someone like Mike Rice fits this bill)

We agree. Stop the presses.

But paying what Mitch is paid for special assistant is a waste of money. Maybe I'd feel less inclined to say that if Slice still wasn't on payroll

« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »
The reaction to him potentially leaving just shows that he's probably worth what he's asking/wants from St Johns.

That being said, I hope this saga makes Mullin realizes that he needs to cover his ass because how #$%^ed would he be if his sole recruiter leaves. I think Mitch is good for our program but he needs to get another guy other there.

On this board, who gives people more of a hardon,  Mike Rice or Donte Divencinzo

« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2017, 09:53:14 PM »
The reaction to him potentially leaving just shows that he's probably worth what he's asking/wants from St Johns.

That being said, I hope this saga makes Mullin realizes that he needs to cover his ass because how #$%^ed would he be if his sole recruiter leaves. I think Mitch is good for our program but he needs to get another guy other there.

On this board, who gives people more of a hardon,  Mike Rice or Donte Divencinzo

Mmmmm Donte

Moose

« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »

Dante hands down. We know how much SJU fans love a good white ball player. If he was from NYC they might elect him mayor of the city with a statue in Times Square

As for Rice plenty of supporters but just as many hate him. Those are the ones who have never made a mistake in their life and don't believe in second chances ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:02:32 PM by Moose »

« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:17 PM »

Dante hands down. We know how much SJU fans love a good white ball player. If he was from NYC they might elect him mayor of the city with a statue in Times Square

As for Rice plenty of supporters but just as many hate him. Those are the ones who have never made a mistake in their life and don't believe in second chances ;)

Is Lavarr Ball available?

desco80

« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
I think you can appreciate second chances and still want SJU to pass on Mike Rice.

He may be a changed man.  But it was more than one incident, it was a pattern of behavior that occurred over years and years that earned him his reputation.

Why roll the dice to find out if he can control his temper when there are other candidates who can be the asst coach we need ?

« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
I think you can appreciate second chances and still want SJU to pass on Mike Rice.

He may be a changed man.  But it was more than one incident, it was a pattern of behavior that occurred over years and years that earned him his reputation.

Why roll the dice to find out if he can control his temper when there are other candidates who can be the asst coach we need ?
you dont think him throwing balls could help our big men learn how to catch ? I see potential