gtown game - is there a replay available ?

• 17 replies
gtown game - is there a replay available ?
« on: February 25, 2017, 07:29:36 PM »
message above

Poison

Re: gtown game - is there a replay available ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:03 PM »
message above

This is Fox. Not espn. Expect less.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »
"expect less"?...........for the time being only.  If StJ  can start to produce at a high level you will see prime time games and replays galore. The BE gave FOX the national championship last year, rewarding them for underwriting the temporarily broken conference. The conference now has to deliver. We have to work overtime to reward their confidence and investment in us. How much effort would you put into an 8-9 game in any conference even considering it was two legendary programs. The fact that it was a great and exciting game is a step in the right direction.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »
"expect less"?...........for the time being only.  If StJ  can start to produce at a high level you will see prime time games and replays galore. The BE gave FOX the national championship last year, rewarding them for underwriting the temporarily broken conference. The conference now has to deliver. We have to work overtime to reward their confidence and investment in us. How much effort would you put into an 8-9 game in any conference even considering it was two legendary programs. The fact that it was a great and exciting game is a step in the right direction.

It's been years. Fox is garbage.

Wods317

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »

I think FOX coverage is good. ESPN has become unwatchable sometimes and is struggling.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

I think FOX coverage is good. ESPN has become unwatchable sometimes and is struggling.

I also like FOX's coverage.  Actually, they're generally good about showing game replays.  I noticed FOX Sports Detroit replayed the game last night, and a few other FOX Sports affiliates replayed the game early this AM.  FOX Sports South will replay it on Tuesday.

I only watch ESPN for games and their 30 for 30 series.  I also occasionally watch their recruiting show.  I don't watch SportsCenter or any of their other lame daily sports programming shows.

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »

I also like FOX's coverage.  Actually, they're generally good about showing game replays.  I noticed FOX Sports Detroit replayed the game last night, and a few other FOX Sports affiliates replayed the game early this AM.  FOX Sports South will replay it on Tuesday.

I only watch ESPN for games and their 30 for 30 series.  I also occasionally watch their recruiting show.  I don't watch SportsCenter or any of their other lame daily sports programming shows.

Pretty much this. On ESPN I watch games the most, NFL Live, recruiting shows and some 30/30's but that's it.

Fox has gotten better in their coverage of the BE and I'm getting used to them now as I've never been crazy about their sports coverage in general.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »

Agree. I like fox now

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »
fox is great for the big east.

ras

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »

Do you know when fox sports in S. Fl, Boca Raton. Will be replaying the game?

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 10:58:16 AM »
We should praise fox
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
Do you know when fox sports in S. Fl, Boca Raton. Will be replaying the game?

Fox Sports Florida and Fox Sports Sun should be your local Fox sports affiliates.  There isn't a replay of the game for those channels.  I'm not sure whether you're a cable or satellite subscriber, but there is a reasonable price for DirecTV to have the Fox Sports package.

By the way, here is a listing of the Fox Sports Networks and affiliates (scroll down to "Networks").... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_Networks   

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

Simply connect to the Fox Sports app through your Apple TV and you can rewatch the game. Oh wait.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »

Simply connect to the Fox Sports app through your Apple TV and you can rewatch the game. Oh wait.

There will be no difference between Fox and ESPN by next season.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 06:51:49 PM »
Fox does a great job covering the Big East and producing almost every game on TV. If we were still on ESPN our games would all be on MSG via ESPN3.

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 06:32:37 PM »

Foolish statement. FOX is great. A great selling point to recruits; they will be seen nationwide. A great resource when they stepped up to air Big East basketball. And, a great source of revenue for the Big East schools. Also, they don't self congratulate themselves with nice person award shows like the ESPYs, or pontificate about Bruce Jenner in makeup. ESPN is garbage, son.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 08:22:26 PM »

Foolish statement. FOX is great. A great selling point to recruits; they will be seen nationwide. A great resource when they stepped up to air Big East basketball. And, a great source of revenue for the Big East schools. Also, they don't self congratulate themselves with nice person award shows like the ESPYs, or pontificate about Bruce Jenner in makeup. ESPN is garbage, son.

If they had a something comparable to Espn3 it would be fine.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

If they had a something comparable to Espn3 it would be fine.

If you mean "original programming" which is college students producing games than no Fox doesn't have that but Fox Sports go has been great when I haven't been near a TV to watch St Johns games live.