Leadership

• 29 replies

Poison

Leadership
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »
I wonder who the player is that calls a huddle with his teammates and fires them up with a quick but loud speech while also getting everyone on the same page? For St.John’s, who is that guy?

Mullin saw it, we just let up on defense in the second half. They were scoring at will and often we weren’t paying attention on defense. Uncontested shots were made, and quite a few tough ones too especially by Sanders. Still, it’s an exhibition, so maybe they just phoned it in because it didn’t count.

I want to see who will yell in their teammate’s face when they need to. (I mean to inspire them with some loud encouragement)

Friday, I want to see who is vocal on the court. People ripped Phil Greene for quite a bit but how much credit did he get for always calling out his teammates and putting them in the correct position? Kid acted like the leader out there despite playing out of position for 3 years.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:12:51 AM by Poison »

TONYD3

Re: Leadership
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
Yesterday was an exhibition. We lost to a less talented team that we were beating at the half. They scored 50 points in the second half and shot 68%. I will bet anyone my next paycheck they don’t do that in conference or vs any power 5 teams.
The game before we gave up 108 points in a sold out garden on national tv. Tony kornheiser even made fun of us on ESPN . That day the team looked like it gave up. In fact they barely showed up. Who’s fault is that ?
Hammer and rock is now a joke around here. But that team played hard. As did Phil green, dom and Harrison’s.
Ownes plays with energy, but isn’t physical. Amar waves a towel, but isn’t physical and plays dumb.

cjfish

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
Hopefully this game is a lesson learned.  The mistakes of last year, failure to rebound, box out and and play D, will hopefully not be repeated.  This was an exhibition but they should have made a better effort to prep for Friday.  Keep your fingers crossed....need a blowout on Friday. 

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:18:49 AM »
Hopefully this game is a lesson learned.  The mistakes of last year, failure to rebound, box out and and play D, will hopefully not be repeated.  This was an exhibition but they should have made a better effort to prep for Friday.  Keep your fingers crossed....need a blowout on Friday. 
Lesson learned?  Again?

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:37:27 PM »
This sounds great, but what if it doesn’t happen? How much longer do we endure this crap? How many passes does this staff get?

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:39:42 PM »
This sounds great, but what if it doesn’t happen? How much longer do we endure this crap? How many passes does this staff get?

+1

Foad

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
How much longer do we endure this crap? How many passes does this staff get?

Mullin's been head coach since March 30 2015. It's today November 7, 2017. That's two and half years. He's coached two exhibition games this season, which is not quite the beginning his second year with a non cobbled together roster comprising his own players. So he gets longer than that, and more passes that that, except from crybabies like you who are only happy when their nappies are full.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

Mullin's been head coach since March 30 2015. It's today November 7, 2017. That's two and half years. He's coached two exhibition games this season, which is not quite the beginning his second year with a non cobbled together roster comprising his own players. So he gets longer than that, and more passes that that, except from crybabies like you who are only happy when their nappies are full.

Give objectivity a try since you're so fond of it. Mullin has 9 players. How much longer should he be given to field a full team?

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »

Give objectivity a try since you're so fond of it. Mullin has 9 players. How much longer should he be given to field a full team?

Objectivity? You’re calling for the coaches head after an exhibition loss.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »
Providence lost to Canadian powerhouse Carleton, Marquette edged out D2 Lindenwood by 2 over the wknd, yet they're both moving forward and looking forward to their actual season. We lost on the road to a Big10 opponent, let's move on to Friday, a game that actually matters.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:33:26 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
Yesterday was an exhibition. We lost to a less talented team that we were beating at the half. They scored 50 points in the second half and shot 68%. I will bet anyone my next paycheck they don’t do that in conference or vs any power 5 teams.
The game before we gave up 108 points in a sold out garden on national tv. Tony kornheiser even made fun of us on ESPN . That day the team looked like it gave up. In fact they barely showed up. Who’s fault is that ?
Hammer and rock is now a joke around here. But that team played hard. As did Phil green, dom and Harrison’s.
Ownes plays with energy, but isn’t physical. Amar waves a towel, but isn’t physical and plays dumb.

is it ever enough to talk shit on amar? 4 year player who  wanted to play here. is he limited , yeah . Was he hoisting 3s like in previous years ,no. Hes not an offensive  juggernaut but stupid, he is not.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »
Providence lost to D2 Carelton, Marquette edged out D2 Lindenwood by 2 over the wknd, yet they're both moving forward and looking forward to their actual season. We lost on the road to a Big10 opponent, let's move on to Friday, a game that actually matters.

You're thinking of the wrong Carleton.

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »
How many passes does this staff get?

This staff gets an unlimited number of passes.  It's Chris Mullin for g*d's sake.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
How many passes does this staff get?

This staff gets an unlimited number of passes.  It's Chris Mullin for g*d's sake.

No, they don't have an unlimited number of passes.  No offense, dude, but that's loser talk.  By your belief, he can remain the head coach, regardless of record, because he's Chris Mullin. 

It's great what he did for the program as a player, but this is a bottom line business.  The bottom line is winning.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:42:48 PM by mjdinkins »

Foad

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 03:20:09 PM »

Answer: it takes more than two years to field a full roster. I'd say it takes three or four. Obviously it takes that long to end up with some upper classmen, which as you know is an important part of the puzzle. I know you know that because you started an entire thread a month ago when one of the walk-ons transferred, in which you bemoaned the fact that we were losing a senior. You cried and cried when the walk on transferred, I remember feeling bad for you. The reason Mullin has not yet had the opportunity to have an upperclassman is because Lavin stopped recruiting in 2013 when his daddy died. Which, admittedly, no one's daddy has ever died before, so he has an excuse.

Obviously this roster is a big man short.  Love to have the transvestite, love to have the Serbian lummox, or Joey DLR for that matter. But on the other hand, the season hasn't started yet and losing an exhibition game on the road by one point on a team with two new players who are expected to make a big impact does not have me taking to the divan with woman troubles, as evidently you and Tony have. It may be that the ship be about to sink, but we won't know that until February, which is when good teams play their best ball as they take baby steps up the mountain to the magic carpet ride to Cosco's.

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
Evidently we have a fat guard that has jherii curls and looks like Rick James. This season is already a win in my book.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
Evidently we have a fat guard that has jherii curls and looks like Rick James. This season is already a win in my book.

North Avenue

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »
By your belief, he can remain the head coach, regardless of record, because he's Chris Mullin. 

Yes, that is what I believe.  The job is his until he no longer wants it.  As it should be.

TONYD3

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 04:43:21 PM »

is it ever enough to talk shit on amar? 4 year player who  wanted to play here. is he limited , yeah . Was he hoisting 3s like in previous years ,no. Hes not an offensive  juggernaut but stupid, he is not.
Before someone says he is a leader, which he isn’t . Takes bad shots and stupid fouls. He shouldn’t have been a 4 year player. Both coaches are to blame for that.
I am very loyal to past players. This guy has to earn some loyalty. Donald Emanuel and Sean Evans are 2 of my favorites and they were very limited.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
By your belief, he can remain the head coach, regardless of record, because he's Chris Mullin. 

Yes, that is what I believe.  The job is his until he no longer wants it.  As it should be.

I can't take your opinion away, but it tremendously lacks logic.  Oh, well!