Molloy

• 95 replies

Poison

Re: Molloy
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »
Playing Amar with 2 other fowards is stupid. That’s what he did in 1st half. Amar is not a wing player. He needs to know that!
He thinks he’s a wing player. But I don’t understand having him play the 3 . We need banging and rebounds from him. W Bash and Simon and Trimble and Clark , he should never play the 3 . I think our best lineup is our starting lineup. Clark has to work on fouling less.

Clark is not good right now

Clark isn’t good yet, but he’s above average. What bothers me is that he thinks he’s a guard, and that’s absolutely not what the team needs from him. It’s been 4 games, and if he’s our weakest starting player, that’s not so bad.

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2017, 05:32:22 AM »
Playing Amar with 2 other fowards is stupid. That’s what he did in 1st half. Amar is not a wing player. He needs to know that!
He thinks he’s a wing player. But I don’t understand having him play the 3 . We need banging and rebounds from him. W Bash and Simon and Trimble and Clark , he should never play the 3 . I think our best lineup is our starting lineup. Clark has to work on fouling less.

Clark isn’t good yet, but he’s above average. What bothers me is that he thinks he’s a guard, and that’s absolutely not what the team needs from him. It’s been 4 games, and if he’s our weakest starting player, that’s not so bad.

In 23 minutes he's getting 9 points 4 rbs and shooting 57% from the floor. Sure he needs to rebound a little more but on this team his role is to box out and allow Simon and ponds to swoop in. My only concern is the fouls.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »
Clark is very good, but still learning his role.  He had one awesome move yesterday where he posted his man, turned and took s short range jumper.  He's an efficient player, but needs to play more of a PF role.  He can surely take open treys, because he's a good shooter, but he's gotta be eating people alive inside like Ricardo Gathers style.  He can do it, especially with his skill set.  The fouls will improve over time methinks.  He's gotta just move his feet more on defense and not reach.

Foad

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:08 AM »
  You kill a gnat with a sledgehammer.

You'd be hard pressed to find a stupider way to try and kill a gnat than with a sledgehammer.

TONYD3

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »

You'd be hard pressed to find a stupider way to try and kill a gnat than with a sledgehammer.
Foady- who is in your profile picture?

redslope

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2017, 12:48:20 PM »
Before going off the deep end think of the following 6 words, "Thomas Aquinas, Incarnate Word, Delaware State".  This is not the last two years when team would not respond to this level of opponent.  They obviously got the message at half time with a 22-2 run to open 2nd half; something we did not see in last 2 years.

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 12:49:54 PM »

In 23 minutes he's getting 9 points 4 rbs and shooting 57% from the floor. Sure he needs to rebound a little more but on this team his role is to box out and allow Simon and ponds to swoop in. My only concern is the fouls.

4 games but I am a little disappointed by his play so far. Especially on the boards. Funny he looked wider while at Michigan ST. Maybe food at ST John's is terrible to go along with lack of weight room? BTW I think he will be fine but did think he would have more of an  immediate impact.

On other hand love Simon even if he can't shoot.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:50:27 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Is anyone else concerned that after 4 games Amar is clearly better than Yakwe? Has anyone confirmed that Yakwe is not a zombie version of himself? Because if he is it should probably be dealt with sooner rather than later.

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
Is anyone else concerned that after 4 games Amar is clearly better than Yakwe? Has anyone confirmed that Yakwe is not a zombie version of himself? Because if he is it should probably be dealt with sooner rather than later.

Is he? Has looked pretty unimpressive to me. Yakwe has shown some energy here and there.

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »

Is he? Has looked pretty unimpressive to me. Yakwe has shown some energy here and there.

Was not meant as a compliment to Amar

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2017, 04:51:39 PM »
I like Clark. 

He's the team's vocal leader.  His arms are jacked.  The addition of he and Simon are the most logical reasons for the teams improved defensive effort.

He's a big piece of our puzzle moving forward.

Foad

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »

Foady- who is in your profile picture?

Patricia Krenwinkle

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »
Before going off the deep end think of the following 6 words, "Thomas Aquinas, Incarnate Word, Delaware State".  This is not the last two years when team would not respond to this level of opponent.  They obviously got the message at half time with a 22-2 run to open 2nd half; something we did not see in last 2 years.
Think the increase in talent level has more to do with it. Really don't understand comparing this team to two years ago when we were a complete joke. Like saying my four year old is toilet trained where two years ago he would have shit in his pants.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:06:51 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
Patricia Krenwinkle...Yikes!!!

ras

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
If anyone wants to know f this hame counts. Just looked up our RPI around 28. Has us w a 3-0 record not 4-0.

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
If anyone wants to know f this hame counts. Just looked up our RPI around 28. Has us w a 3-0 record not 4-0.

I mean we've been over this. It counts for stats and technical record but not for the selection committee.