Game #20 @Georgetown

• 283 replies
Re: Game #20 @Georgetown
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:53 PM »
The Clyde Drexler-Houston, worst case scenario, has come to fruition...

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

I'll add....  I think Mullin will always find a way to fall short.  He just doesn't seem like he'll be able to maximize the team's potential.  They'll play below their ceiling, and it'll eventually drive folks more nuts than they are now.

Yep 2 Gold Medals, NBA all-star, All American, millionaire but just keeps falling short. Not sure how he lives with himself.   

TONYD3

« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
Ponds deserves better

« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2018, 02:40:59 PM »
No one is best 0-18 team.

In every game. Lovett thing never happens we would have won 3 or 4 of these

Injuries happen to everyone. He can’t coach and went into season with 7 guys. The fact that he thought he can win that way shows he’s incapable of knowing how to win year over year. This is not nba, it’s always year over year. Mullin doesn’t know that which is y, they are 0-8 in conference.

« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
If we do go 0-18 anyone really think all the recruits and current players that one would figure to return actually stay on board for next year if Mullin stays? These kids deserve competent coaching.
Yeah 1-17 or 2-16 much better.

« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

I'll add....  I think Mullin will always find a way to fall short.  He just doesn't seem like he'll be able to maximize the team's potential.  They'll play below their ceiling, and it'll eventually drive folks more nuts than they are now.

Yep 2 Gold Medals, NBA all-star, All American, millionaire but just keeps falling short. Not sure how he lives with himself.   
And how many wins do those things give us? The same amount of BE wins that we have a big fat zero. We talkin bout his coaching!

cjfish

« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
Ponds deserves better

Love his game but he did choke FTs

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »
If we do go 0-18 anyone really think all the recruits and current players that one would figure to return actually stay on board for next year if Mullin stays? These kids deserve competent coaching.

If that happens, we're gonna be in serious trouble.  Some people are fooling themselves, if they surmise there won't be repercussions to winning one conference game or going 0-fer.

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »
Just a bad team. I said it many times this team doesn't know how to win.0-10 against real teams 10-0 against the scrubs. Mullin needs to go asap. We cannot take another year like this

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

And how many wins do those things give us? The same amount of BE wins that we have a big fat zero. We talkin bout his coaching!

The quote was Mullin always falls short. Which is ridiculous.

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2018, 02:44:58 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

I'm paying him no mind.  I'm sure most sane people knew what I meant.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:46:09 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

He was referring to his coaching of this team, read it again.

TONYD3

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

His last gold med happened when I was in 8th grade. This is my 17th year teaching 8th grade.

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
Goff really should do something. Doing a Q & A with fans isn't going to cut it. This team is a joke and it falls on coaching. Amar and Yakwe have shown absolutely no development and the play calling and game management is close to some of the worst in college basketball. Get rid of this incompetent staff. Richmond and Matt A bring nothing to game-time decision making. Its sad that during timeouts you look at our bench and some 26-year old is doing all the heavy lifting while Mullin stands there looking lost like a dope.

cjfish

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
THis game literally game me a headache and I never get headaches.  Both teams were horrid but we have the edge in stupidity.

« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
Team lost in 2 ot's on the road. Team will probably lose all but 1 or 2 games rest of the season. What is the point of bitching for next 9 games. Especially when they played hard and lost this kind of game. If this was a bubble team and we lost this game I can understand bitching. But at this point wouldn't you just want them to get a win since they play for your favorite team and play hard. If the team stopped playing hard I can understand but whining and complaining after this game you guys just look like babies.
Mullin will be here next year. Nothing that happens rest of this year is going to change that. Sorry.

« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »
Goff really should do something. Doing a Q & A with fans isn't going to cut it. This team is a joke and it falls on coaching. Amar and Yakwe have shown absolutely no development and the play calling and game management is close to some of the worst in college basketball. Get rid of this incompetent staff. Richmond and Matt A bring nothing to game-time decision making. Its sad that during timeouts you look at our bench and some 26-year old is doing all the heavy lifting while Mullin stands there looking lost like a dope.

Couldn’t agree more. Sju calls timeout in a tight game and Mullin just standing there in huddle like he’s a player.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
Team lost in 2 ot's on the road. Team will probably lose all but 1 or 2 games rest of the season. What is the point of bitching for next 9 games. Especially when they played hard and lost this kind of game. If this was a bubble team and we lost this game I can understand bitching. But at this point wouldn't you just want them to get a win since they play for your favorite team and play hard. If the team stopped playing hard I can understand but whining and complaining after this game you guys just look like babies.
Mullin will be here next year. Nothing that happens rest of this year is going to change that. Sorry.

I beg to differ. I wouldn't be shocked if he stepped down. He's just embarrassing himself at this point. I actually feel kind of bad for him that he is in way over his head.

« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »

Congrats guys..
He atleast quit

Yep.

He was referring to his coaching of this team, read it again.
"I think Mullin will always find a way to fall short".
Oh now I see.

« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Look we all pissed off right now and you weren't posting during the game now you come on flaming the board. Someimes you need to know when to STFU!

boo3

« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2018, 02:52:56 PM »
If Ponds and Yakwe hit their foul shots and if they don't foul on 3 consecutive 3 point shot attempts, St. John's wins this game..

Players are no great shakes either..   A very dumb group.