Game #20 @Georgetown

• 283 replies
Re: Game #20 @Georgetown
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:28 PM »
Are you old ladies really going to post  the same nonsense for the rest of the season?

Concur.
Which is exactly what you suck ups do

If you want to be regarded as the worst poster on this board you'll have to try harder. Yes you're stupid and yes you're boring, but unfortunately you lack the sheer awfulness of several of the other contenders. The good news is that if Baldi dies and you really apply yourself you can achieve your goal.
Foad you really need to let that young woman go that you have secluded in the well in your basement.  I realize it has been a cold winter but you really don't need another human skin overcoat.

Foad

« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »
Are you old ladies really going to post  the same nonsense for the rest of the season?

Concur.
Which is exactly what you suck ups do

If you want to be regarded as the worst poster on this board you'll have to try harder. Yes you're stupid and yes you're boring, but unfortunately you lack the sheer awfulness of several of the other contenders. The good news is that if Baldi dies and you really apply yourself you can achieve your goal.
Foad you really need to let that young woman go that you have secluded in the well in your basement.  I realize it has been a cold winter but you really don't need another human skin overcoat.

"You can never have too many overcoats stupid. You can always take one off but if you don't  have an extra you can't put one on."

-- Ed Gein

« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »

« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »
I'll say this its funny because certain posters are complaining that other posters keep spewing the same negative stuff and trust me I get it.  It does get old.  But those same posters 10 years ago who essentially ruined redmen.com back then and then went over to BEB and continued posting the SAME INCESSANT anti-Norm stuff starting in year 2.  Jumping on rumors he would be fired after year 3, year 4, year 5....

Now they can't understand why in year 3 of a non-sanctioned rebuild in a different BE some posters might be complaining about an 0-8 start and 8-36 league record in almost 2 1/2 years....? 

Again it does get old, but it sure does make me yearn for the good old days when Norm literally got no slack despite taking over a train wreck ...

« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »
BTW-You have to hand it to Tarik Turner.  I loved the stuff during the broadcast about how Ewing and Mullin represent what the BE is about on how the BE love's this.  Meanwhile you have two programs going nowhere, in a half empty building with ZERO buzz, each time trying to hand the other team the game...

Marillac

« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
I'll say this its funny because certain posters are complaining that other posters keep spewing the same negative stuff and trust me I get it.  It does get old.  But those same posters 10 years ago who essentially ruined redmen.com back then and then went over to BEB and continued posting the SAME INCESSANT anti-Norm stuff starting in year 2.  Jumping on rumors he would be fired after year 3, year 4, year 5....

Now they can't understand why in year 3 of a non-sanctioned rebuild in a different BE some posters might be complaining about an 0-8 start and 8-36 league record in almost 2 1/2 years....? 

Again it does get old, but it sure does make me yearn for the good old days when Norm literally got no slack despite taking over a train wreck ...

Oh you mean when we weren't even old enough to drink? You don't think a decade of life and experiencing three complete rebuilds can influence someone?

« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »

Oh you mean when we weren't even old enough to drink? You don't think a decade of life and experiencing three complete rebuilds can influence someone?

Must mean you and Fun, Marillac because I started on BEB.
And another stupid argument anyway. Norm was given 6 years this is year 3 of Mullin. And besides I tried to be creative when I complained about Norm. Tale of Tapes, top 10 lists, nicknames.
Didn't just post over and over Norm sucks, Norm can't coach. Norm sucks. Duhhh. Some of these Mullin posts are like a cry for help.
Really only person who did that was Realfan and he was universally mocked. Like most of you should be.

Just to be clear. Things look terrible for Mullin. I am not sure he actually even coaches the team. If we are bad next year we should go in yet another direction.
However because I like Mullin and because going in another direction means we will suck for longer, I do hope he figures it out next year.

Oh and for the record I signed on BEB for first time right before year 4 of Norm. So there!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:46:01 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »

And another stupid argument anyway. Norm was given 6 years this is year 3 of Mullin. And besides I tried to be creative when I complained about Norm. Tale of Tapes, top 10 lists, nicknames.
Didn't just post over and over Norm sucks, Norm can't coach. Norm sucks. Duhhh. Some of these Mullin posts are like a cry for help.
Really only person who did that was Realfan and he was universally mocked. Like most of you should be.

Just to be clear. Things look terrible for Mullin. I am not sure he actually even coaches the team. If we are bad next year we should go in yet another direction.
However because I like Mullin and because going in another direction means we will suck for longer, I do hope he figures it out next year.

Oh and for the record I signed on BEB for first time right before year 4 of Norm. So there!

Those BEB days were the wild west. Fun party that time that PMG put together at whatever bar that was in NYC

« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »

Those BEB days were the wild west. Fun party that time that PMG put together at whatever bar that was in NYC

Where are you on all of this? You stayed faithful to Norm until pretty late from what I remember.
You also had no tolerance for Realfan type posts that are all the rage today.

« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »

Social

cjfish

« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »
If Ponds and Yakwe hit their foul shots and if they don't foul on 3 consecutive 3 point shot attempts, St. John's wins this game..

Players are no great shakes either..   A very dumb group.

+1   Unbelievable and if they won the BS about firing Mullin quiets down and he is on his way to being a genius :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:59:47 PM by cjfish »

« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »

Where are you on all of this? You stayed faithful to Norm until pretty late from what I remember.
Yeah I have Norm slack for probably 4 years and maybe turned in his second to last year to insanely against Norm.

Year one with Mullin I was beyond pissed for reasons you know. Plus I expect more from Mullin than I did from Norm especially in the looking like they are coaching department.  I'm not happy now and during games I freak out sometimes texting with my friends or sitting with them but I just dont post negative stuff too incessantly because I do really hope Mullin turns it around and he hasn't sat on the scorers table and looks more engaged than the first year even though I would like him to be a lot more engaged and go to more local hs games like he said he was going to do in his original press conference. So Doesn't matter if I think he will turn it around or not. I hope he does. Last year wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. I do want a shakeup on his staff but it is what it is. If he doesn't do it the results good or bad rest with him anyway

Too much money invested in him and his staff current and former and I guess since I work in finance I just see the reality of it that he isn't going anywhere so we really need to pray next year its the turnaround year.

So to cut through the stuff I just wrote I'm certainly not happy but I'm hoping all the players and recruits are back next year and hoping that's Mullin's year to breakthrough because we really need this to happen

If we dont see major progress after next year then I'll end up complaining more

« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »

As far as all the negative posts all the time it doesn't get to me like it used too. If someone is inventing their own facts that will piss me off but other than that back then in the BEB says I was in my 30's and now I'm 47 so I guess age has mellowed me out a little too so I dont let stuff like that bother me too much

Plus by now I have met a lot of the posters and friends with a lot of them so it's a lot different reading their posts because you know whether you agree or disagree with the person that they are still a good dude

Poison

« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »
If Ponds and Yakwe hit their foul shots and if they don't foul on 3 consecutive 3 point shot attempts, St. John's wins this game..

Players are no great shakes either..   A very dumb group.

+1   Unbelievable and if they won the BS about firing Mullin quiets down and he is on his way to being a genius :laugh:

Hardy, Boothe, Evans, Burrell, Brownlee were all thought to be pretty dumb until a new staff took over. Bad coaching produces players with no idea what they’re doing. We grasped defeat from the jaws of victory today.

Would other programs blame the players with an 8-36 record. Writing is on the wall.

Headed towards three decades of not getting it. It’s not the players. It never was. It’s the coach.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:25:46 PM by Poison »

« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2018, 09:25:01 PM »

And actually Fun was pro Norm to the end so I guess he just means you Marillac.

« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »

Social
Yeah that's the place. 2nd floor. That was a fun time. A lot of BEB guys were there that night. Lot's of beers
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:33:32 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
Anton Goff‏
@AD_Goff_StJohns
Long bus ride home. Still numb from that game. I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins. That’s just me. Will remember this one for a long time. Feel bad for these guys. They play their heart out for each other #sjubb

Nice sentiment.  My only question is this part, " I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins."  I'll bite, can someone tell me the last time they had a "great win?"  Heck, how about the last time they had a win....?"  LOL!!!  just kidding....

« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
Anton Goff‏
@AD_Goff_StJohns
Long bus ride home. Still numb from that game. I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins. That’s just me. Will remember this one for a long time. Feel bad for these guys. They play their heart out for each other #sjubb

Nice sentiment.  My only question is this part, " I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins."  I'll bite, can someone tell me the last time they had a "great win?"  Heck, how about the last time they had a win....?"  LOL!!!  just kidding....

that's why he doesn't remember the great wins cause there weren't any and I ain't kidding.

« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2018, 09:52:41 PM »
I realize there is no reasoning with some but would just like to point out to the people claiming that this is a three year old problem,  what would anyone have done that first year? People talked a nice game about understanding 1st year would be a mess but few followed through on their promise of sanity.
The 2nd year most thought we showed both an improvement on the court and in talent coming in.
This year we were right where we needed to be. Lovett thing killed the year. Now Mullin should absolutely get killed for the roster management that caused this year to go down in flames. But if Lovett had decided to stay and play we are probably 4-4 or 3-5 in BE right now.
There was progression until Lovett thing.
Sorry to interrupt the bitching, please continue. Just for old times sake though can someone start typing the Mullin sucks posts in all CAPS. Miss old BEB.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:55:59 PM by we are sju »