David Laury - PF - The Nia School - Altadena, CA

• 7 replies
David Laury - PF - The Nia School - Altadena, CA
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »
David Laury ‘09 PG, The Nia School (NJ): St. John’s, Seton Hall, Missouri, Providence, Niagara, Rider, and Monmouth
                             Favorite: St. John’s

http://hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/blogs/2008/07/29/the-hoop-group-elite-camp-day-one-overview-july-28-2008/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:37:21 AM by kjd01067 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: David Laury-PF-6'7-The Nia School
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:15:30 PM »
Here is a video I saw on him:

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1453557210&channel=1215674518

His game looks... ugly, but perhaps interesting.  Check it out.  He passes, he's agile...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:29:37 PM by peter »

Re: David Laury-PF-6'7-The Nia School
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
i think the kid looks good. he either needs to grow a little bit or work on his jumper cause he kinda looks like a tweener right now. his handle looks pretty good and he looks like he understands the game. any one seen him play before?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: David Laury - PF - The Nia School - Altadena, CA
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »
School lists :

http://blog.northstarbball.com/

David Laury ’09, The Nia School (NJ): St. John's, Providence, Iona, Niagara, UNC-Greensboro, Virginia Commonwealth, Towson, and St. Bonaventure

Offers: St. John's, Iona, Niagara, UNC-Greensboro, Virginia Commonwealth, Towson, and St. Bonaventure

Favorites: Laury listed the schools in order, one through eight: 1. St. John's, 2. Iona, 3. Providence, 4. St. Bonaventure, 5. Niagara, 6. UNC-Greensboro, 7. Virginia Commonwealth, 8. Towson

Note- Laury said that Kentucky is "coming in to see [him] on the ninth . . . [and] thinks they will offer" him a scholarship.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

kjd01067

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »
I find it interesting that we have offered this guy with all the other talent we are still currently recruiting in this class.  Watching the video he doesnt have the prettiest game but kid can play and looks like he would be more of a combo forward.  I'm just happy that so early on this year we are at the top of kids lists and we hopefully wont have to wait until late after this season to find out who are recruiting class will be.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/11/23/david-laury-to-iona/#more-25225

David Laury, a 6-foot-8, 230-pound power forward from West Orange, N.J., has verbally committed to Iona beginning in 2010.

Iona beat out Houston and TCU for Laury, who had initially signed a National of Letter  to Western Kentucky. Because he already signed one NLI, Laury just made a verbal commitment to Iona.

“Yes, I did [Sunday],” Laury said by phone. “I liked the coaching staff. They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and I got a good relationship with all the coaches there, especially [assistant] Coach Shaheen [Holloway].”

Laury is currently playing for Ocean Academy out of Deal, N.J., where he is taking an SAT Prep class. Ocean coach Mike Rodgers said St. John’s and Providence were among the other schools interested in Laury because of his skill-set.

“He’s a legit four who can play the three and the two,” Rodgers said. “He’s very skilled. He’s a strong reobunder, great passer. He shoots it very, very well from deep. He has a tremendous basketball IQ.

“He would’ve been recruited by everyone in the country.”

Laury said he has a 2.31 GPA and needs a 2.35. He may opt to re-take the SAT.

Laury, 19, spent a week and a half at Western Kentucky over the summer but returned home because he wasn’t comfortable there.

“It wasn’t the place for me and it was honestly too far from home for me,” he said.

Now he joins an Iona squad that has done a tremendous job of recruiting the New York/New Jersey area.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
Hes been at Iona since January

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
Man. . two posts up...   MEMORIES.....