Nimari Burnett, 6-3 SG, Napa, CA (Prolific Prep)

• 1 replies
Nimari Burnett, 6-3 SG, Napa, CA (Prolific Prep)
« on: April 29, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »
Recently offered by SJU.

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/red-storm-targets-cali-guard

The talented lead guard recently had Matt Abdelmassih reach out and St. John’s offered shortly after.

“It was great. I was truly excited, and I know it’s a good program and a good academic school,” he said. “They’re someone I will definitely consider once that time comes to commit to a college.”

Burnett is a guard that is described as patient and free flowing that never forces the action. St. John’s system is very intriguing for a guard like Burnett, who likes to push the ball, score and control the pace.

“When he came to a Prolific Prep practice he was talking about how Shamorie Ponds and his players played this year,” Burnett said. “He likes to play up-tempo and let the guards control the pace. I really like that I would be able to play freely. I would be excited to play there.”

The style of play is not the only thing he likes about St. John’s. He also likes the staff and their background.

“Definitely [like] the fact that Chris Mullin coaches” he said. “His NBA experience and pro basketball background really intrigues me and has me excited for what could possibly happen if I go there.”

St. John’s will have to compete with the likes of Michigan, UCLA, Arizona State and Kansas to name a few. But St. John’s will have a fair shot because the offer really intrigues him.

“I’m just really excited to be offered by them,” he said. “I feel great about it and they have a good coaching staff. It’s just a blessing to be offered by them.”

“I definitely want to visit in June when we don’t have any more AAU tournaments. I’ll definitely look forward to visiting St. John’s.”

Re: Nimari Burnett, 6-3 SG, Napa, CA (Prolific Prep)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:22:41 PM »