Al-Amir Dawes G 6-1 (Patrick School) Newark , NJ - CLEMSON

• 51 replies
Al-Amir Dawes G 6-1 (Patrick School) Newark , NJ - CLEMSON
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
SJU just offered.  As did TCU.

Andrew Slater
‏@Andrew__Slater
St. John’s has now offered 4⭐️Al-Amir Dawes @AlDawes33 of @JSnjPlayaz & @patrickschool #SJUBB

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:42:39 PM by kjd01067 »

QuanMan

Re: Al-Amir Dawes G 6-1 (Patrick School) Newark, NJ
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
“I would say Clemson, UConn, La Salle and Providence have been the most active with me,” he said.

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/951419
Section 3
Section 116

SJUFAN

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
“I would say Clemson, UConn, La Salle and Providence have been the most active with me,” he said.

This is becoming embarrassing. We cannot sustain a program off of transfers alone. We are going to field a mid major team from the 2019 recruiting class.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:01:41 AM »

Curious why you would edit the quote to take out the reference to Saint John's? The sentence you have in quotation marks does not appear in the article you linked to.

The article says:

"His most recent visit to a school was an unofficial visit to St. John’s, which he found to be a bit eye opening.

“It was great and surprising for me,” he said. “It’s in Queens, but when you step onto the campus you see the arena and where people are staying. It has its own identity, which is cool. Coach Mullin and Coach Abdelmassih believe in me as well.”

[...]

He sees six schools being the most active with him right now and it looks like all of these programs are strong contenders to land him.

“I would say Clemson, UConn, La Salle, Seton Hall, St. John's and Providence have been the most active with me,” he said."

That kind of makes you a liar, huh.

Foad

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:02:47 AM »
This is becoming embarrassing.

Read the article rube.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »
The initial article seems to have been amended.  That initial quote of 4 teams working the hardest was in the initial article.

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »

WOW - you edited a quote from the article to make SJU look bad...     and you are a fan..?

SJUFAN

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »
This is becoming embarrassing.

Read the article rube.

I did, it wasn’t there. Guess we’re both guilty of premature ejaculation.

QuanMan

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »
@Foad/PMG- As you erroneously take shots at me, understand that the article was updated and edited within the past 24 hours to now include these St. John's quotes, which is a promising and interesting development.
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
@Foad/PMG- As you erroneously take shots at me, understand that the article was updated and edited within the past 24 hours to now include these St. John's quotes, which is a promising and interesting development.

If that's the case I apologize. However, if that's the case then Pat Lawless redacted Dawes' quote, which makes him a hack. Because the names he took out were in the middle of the list. I don't how that's inadvertent.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »

If that's the case I apologize. However, if that's the case then Pat Lawless redacted Dawes' quote, which makes him a hack. Because the names he took out were in the middle of the list. I don't how that's inadvertent.

I can vouch for Quanman.  His quote was accurate when he posted it.  The article was later updated.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »
if the piece was amended, I apologize as well but the time stamp on the article says 2:45pm 9/19/18 - and you posted about it at 4:10....     

If they changed the original piece, wouldn't the time stamp indicate an edit was made to the original..?

Maybe that is not done on every site...   

ras

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »
The piece was amended. When I first read it. SJU wasn’t listed as a school that was working the hardest.

redslope

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
The piece was obviously Fake News and then Hacked by the Russians.   ;) ;)

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:16 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
Zach B
St Johns will host priority recruit, NJ guard Al-Amir Dawes, this weekend for official visit, per source. Moved up from next weekend. #sjubb

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »
Zach B
St Johns will host priority recruit, NJ guard Al-Amir Dawes, this weekend for official visit, per source. Moved up from next weekend. #sjubb
Paultz the Corey Evans article I posted makes me think we're in pretty good shape with him but wouldn't we have preferred to have him visit the weekend of midnight madness??

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »
Zach B
Paultz the Corey Evans article I posted makes me think we're in pretty good shape with him but wouldn't we have preferred to have him visit the weekend of midnight madness??
My sense is they wanted to get him in ASAP. Clemson seems to be the main competition