Niagara Post Game

• 44 replies

Stool

Re: Niagara Post Game
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
Here is the thing, we are 6 games into the season.  Do the team and the program a favor and stand by this team for the rest of the season.  Most would consider me a Normie but I more than probably most criticize and scream at Norm during the games.  Thing is Norm is the head coach till atleast the end of the season.  I know many people want his head and I dont totally disagree but none of us that post on these boards have the pull or the wallet to sway Father Harrington one way or the other.  This team can be a decent team if Mase and Thomas can come back strong.  That might be a big IF but if you dont have hope why are you a fan.  This isnt the first game we are suppose to win this year that we will lose and we will win a couple of upsets this year too.  Remember guys everyone knew this year would have its ups and downs, so lets just watch it play out.  This may seem like a rant to some but my final point that I would like to leave everyone with is: This team might not be where you would have wanted 4 years ago but atleast we still have a team to cheer for.

Keep The Faith - STJ Fan 4 Life

This is just a disgraceful post, simply disgraceful. I agree that noone here has the power to start sweeping changes to our basketball program, but this aww shucks kind of attitude if what Harrington is depending on while he steers this team towards oblivion.

Keep it up and we'll see how fun it is to root for an A-10 team.

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »
Stool, I don't think he has the awww shucks kind of attitude but a realistic attitude that this team isn't playing well but could play better. He's not looking to give up the fight for this team saying he wants to stand behind them even through the tough times. He didn't say he was happy with the current situation and state of the team though either. None the less you however don't carry too much credibility when you only have 5 posts to come here to just put another down for his beliefs.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Stool

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
Stool, I don't think he has the awww shucks kind of attitude but a realistic attitude that this team isn't playing well but could play better. He's not looking to give up the fight for this team saying he wants to stand behind them even through the tough times. He didn't say he was happy with the current situation and state of the team though either. None the less you however don't carry too much credibility when you only have 5 posts to come here to just put another down for his beliefs.

I apologize, I didnt know the number of posts one has on your silly website equals credibility.

Its scary that things have gotten so bad that us fans "should be happy we have a basketball team to cheer for," even though that team provides nothing to cheer about.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 03:20:43 PM »
Surprise surprise now you take a shot at the website, I'm shocked. If you posted more and if you ever showed +/- on anything you would have more credibility to call something disgraceful but instead you post the extreme life is bleak everything sucks. You are entitled to feel the way you do however I disagree with most of your assessments and the way you go about them.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Here is the thing, we are 6 games into the season.  Do the team and the program a favor and stand by this team for the rest of the season.  Most would consider me a Normie but I more than probably most criticize and scream at Norm during the games.  Thing is Norm is the head coach till atleast the end of the season.  I know many people want his head and I dont totally disagree but none of us that post on these boards have the pull or the wallet to sway Father Harrington one way or the other.  This team can be a decent team if Mase and Thomas can come back strong.  That might be a big IF but if you dont have hope why are you a fan.  This isnt the first game we are suppose to win this year that we will lose and we will win a couple of upsets this year too.  Remember guys everyone knew this year would have its ups and downs, so lets just watch it play out.  This may seem like a rant to some but my final point that I would like to leave everyone with is: This team might not be where you would have wanted 4 years ago but atleast we still have a team to cheer for.

This is just a disgraceful post, simply disgraceful. I agree that noone here has the power to start sweeping changes to our basketball program, but this aww shucks kind of attitude if what Harrington is depending on while he steers this team towards oblivion.

Ths year, the A10 is better than the big east. Maybe much better. All of their games/wins against our top teams have been on the road.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »

It shouldn't be such a shock to anyone that our freshman lost to an upperclassman team.
And, I think everyone is making a much bigger deal about it than nec.

Burrell made some very careless passes towards the end. Evans missed free throws.
Signs of a young team.

Sadly, we're not where we expected to be, but it's not fair to blame it on these kids.
Norm is accountable, and believe me higher ups are not content with this.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 12:13:56 AM »
When it really comes down to it...

St. John's is just not a good basketball team this year and that fact is not going to change over the next 2 1/2 months...

Sound mo like a prediction than a fact bre.

Me, I always gots me some hope. Cause if y'all dont got it, what the point?

Choz..  you know I respect you...

But a prediction would be saying there is no way the team wins 14 games this year...

It always good to have hope..   but false hope does no one any good...   as a true basketball fan.. can you honestly look at this team and think they are any good.?    its not being negative..  its not bashing Norm..   its just being objective and honest...    

Guys are honestly hoping for a major boost from a kid that hasn't yet to play a game of college basketball and is coming off a devastating knee injury...     the same guy the coach has publically said to NOT exepct much from...   a guy that is NOT going to play 20 minutes a night...

At the beginning of the year I thought the team would only win 13 - 14 games...   and they have now lost two of the games I thought they were going to win before the year started...  tehy might steal a win against Cincy & DePaul but that is it...

My man...
Are we playing poorly now? Most def.
Will we get better? Dont know.
Will we get worst? Dont know.
Will we stay the same? Dont know.

Alls I got wit me is a lil optimism cause I believe in lost causes, streetside redemption and the Resurrection.

Peace out!

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 01:29:17 AM »
there's a reason gaucho players don't look at st john's anymore.  you may have all that optimism, choz...but your players are apparently realists.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »
there's a reason gaucho players don't look at st john's anymore.  you may have all that optimism, choz...but your players are apparently realists.

No doubt they wanna see results on the court, but that dont mean y'all not in wit some 09s and Ill leave it at that cause the rules.

But I ask you bre... where would the choz be witout hope? Back in the day in the early 70s, Lou D come to the South Bronx wit a vision and evrybdy think he crazy.  This wuz when the SB was straight up wacked wit buildings torched, kids livin in lots and sweet mamas tearin they babies out they womb cause the dust got them.  The white folk was gone and they kids start mockin the hood callin it the boogie down (hate that, yo). But the worse was when evrybdy foget about it: the city, the law, the good peeps from Chambers Street. Lawless ghost town that look like one of them WWII cities. The good ol days was the bad ol days. Tru.

So here this white Argentina brotha that wanna help the youth and he find a common ground wit ball. Now back then, ball was all bout hustlin in the hood. It was bout money and them pimps that control the courts. They was small time, no doubt, but it aint small time when they showin you they switchblade cause you take away they playaa to this new thing name after Spanish cowboys. 

So Lou D begun workin even younger with the biddies. CYO was gone. PAL was down in Harlem or up near Van Cort. Boys Club wasnt even heard of. So all them biddies start comin. Now even though they young'uns 10, 11, 12. These biddies was straight up monsters. Talkin back. Cussin. Stealin. And whatnot. But Lou D and the brotha coaches that start helpin him (miss ya Charlie D!)  institute tuff love like y'all neva seen. Im talkin Bobby Knight Season the Brink tuff love, yo. Some kids went back hustlin and die on the streets or live a life of wretchedness. But they was some who stuck around cause they relize this what it like when you got a father around. 

So some of them playaz become stars and go off to college. Some dont cause they aint good enuf. But that dont mean they life is ova at 18. Nah, maybe they put four years in the Army. And maybe when they get home they take the 4 and the B32 to the J&J where they control the industrial washer where all them hotel sheets get clean. Then they take the bus and the train back at night to Hostos to get they associates and play a lil ball. Maybe even go on fo they four year paper and play a lil ball. And the miracle of it all... some of them come back as coaches. They aint paid or nuthin. But they remember the difference of what a life wit leadership is and what a life witout is. And the cycle begin again.

So yeah, they maybe some realists out there. And they maybe some realists witin the gauchos.

But me, Ill always believe in miracles.   

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Stool

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
Surprise surprise now you take a shot at the website, I'm shocked. If you posted more and if you ever showed +/- on anything you would have more credibility to call something disgraceful but instead you post the extreme life is bleak everything sucks. You are entitled to feel the way you do however I disagree with most of your assessments and the way you go about them.

I've been very open minded towards your site, because I think its important to drum up interest in the program amongst the student body, but when you allow "articles" like the one thats currently on your front page (Fisher Nets 30 as Everything Falls Niagara's Way for the Win), your site becomes just how I described it...silly. Is it really necessary to make it seem like Niagara got lucky in beating St. Johns when that clearly was not the case? Is it "bad luck" that Coker and Burrell fouled out, or is it because this team is terrible defensively?

Like I said, I hope you continue what you're doing, and once the administration wises up and gets rid of Norm Roberts, I bet your message will begin to spread. My problem is, by making it seem like Niagara completely lucked out for a win, you are taking the student body and dwindling SJU fan base for fools.

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
choz, someone very much inside of the gauchos program told me that SJU is doing a poor job of recruiting their kids, especialy the younger guys.  the person said that norm & co. have been jumping on the kids wayyyyyyy too late and after several other high majors begin mailing and calling.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »
Stool you're hanging your sole opinion on one headline? You interpret that as Niagara being lucky when that wasn't the case what so ever. Everything fell Niagara's way because they out hustled us, they out shot us from the free throw line, they got more points off turnovers, etc. Everything went their way despite the score being so close. You're so silly stool

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »
I'm right on with you Choz about the hope man.  So many of you are so down already you shouldnt even bother watching or cheering for this team all season.  I think most of you dont even mind if we lose bc you know you can just bash norm and if we win you can put your pom poms back on and say how you are such a fan blah blah.

the fact is this los would be a lot easier to stomach if it hadnt become a scary pattern under the norm roberts regime.  losing to a school on niagara's level once every five seasons is ok, but when it happens a few times a year, its unacceptable.

say what you want about the fan base, but the majority of the fan base that "bashes norm" only does so because they are sick and tired of seeing the same sorry results.

there was once a time when st johns didnt lose to st francis, niagara, hofstra and marist, but i am stating the obvious when i say you werent around for those times.

i think we have seen enough of Norm "easy green" roberts not to expect things to improve here (take a look at our 2008 recruiting class- LOL)...

its time for a change or the program will just fall further into the abyss.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 02:27:16 PM »
I'm right on with you Choz about the hope man.  So many of you are so down already you shouldnt even bother watching or cheering for this team all season.  I think most of you dont even mind if we lose bc you know you can just bash norm and if we win you can put your pom poms back on and say how you are such a fan blah blah.

the fact is this los would be a lot easier to stomach if it hadnt become a scary pattern under the norm roberts regime.  losing to a school on niagara's level once every five seasons is ok, but when it happens a few times a year, its unacceptable.

say what you want about the fan base, but the majority of the fan base that "bashes norm" only does so because they are sick and tired of seeing the same sorry results.

there was once a time when st johns didnt lose to st francis, niagara, hofstra and marist, but i am stating the obvious when i say you werent around for those times.

i think we have seen enough of Norm "easy green" roberts not to expect things to improve here (take a look at our 2008 recruiting class- LOL)...

Dont worry son, SJU will beat UCONN and Villanova this year

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

Marco don't forget.  CRACK KILLS

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »

So does steroids. Settle down "HE-MAN"

pmg911

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »

You haven't seen me in a while. . for me its not steroids..  more like Cheeseburgers...

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

You haven't seen me in a while. . for me its not steroids..  more like Cheeseburgers...

Same here, just as long as you drink Diet Coke with the 2 cheeseburges and cheese fries-it evens out   ;D

kob24

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »
im watching the game again. im so dissapointed in coach and eugene. so so hurt

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »
im watching the game again. im so dissapointed in coach and eugene. so so hurt

yeah man the more i think about that game, the more i realize that geno really really hurt us.  I love him and appreciate all hes done but its scary for me to think that our team goes as geno goes.  The 2 games he's lost were definetely his worst this year.  As a senior he has to figure out how to lead the game by playin his game to the best, not trying to do things hes not good at.