EMBARRASSING

• 32 replies
EMBARRASSING
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
... Mullin & his staff are a joke on the recruiting trail... when ur best recruiter is a 5 foot bald midget no wonder we can’t sign ANYBODY... plus, Mitch Richmond is a #$%^in joke.

SJUFAN

Re: EMBARRASSING
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
... Mullin & his staff are a joke on the recruiting trail... when ur best recruiter is a 5 foot bald midget no wonder we can’t sign ANYBODY... plus, Mitch Richmond is a #$%^in joke.

Considering they have put together one of the better rosters we've had in almost 20 years I would say they're doing something right.

Foad

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »

Welcome. We can never have enough stupids.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »
I can google the web address for the Seton Hall board if you want to go back there....

wpc77

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:55:18 PM »
Welcome back, Scheppy

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 08:57:54 PM »
Tony D's alter ego.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 09:39:19 PM »
Tony D's alter ego.
Never met him. But more will be coming. Some don’t trust the process

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 04:22:58 AM »
 Predictable responses from the gaggle of Homer’s on this board..lol... it took them four years & it was all done through transfers and juco’s outside of Ponds... I’m talking about local/tri-state HIGH SCHOOL kids with 4 or 5 stars next to their names. where are they? Certainly not at SJU... after Ponds, Herron, Clark & Simon are gone after this year... we will be barren once again. Mullin barely leaves the campus, Ritchmond barely even acknowledges that he works here & St. jean has shown me nothing either. The only one earning his paycheck on the road is Matt. And no kids father is allowing his son to commit to a dwarf that has never played the game. Plus they have been pointing to this class as their breakthrough with the locals. Guess not. And if Mullin can’t get this team to the tourney it’s time to hang it up once again. Especially since the entire country knows we need at least ONE coach with actual experience on this level.... bozos
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:28:40 AM by jd0871 »

LoganK

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 06:07:23 AM »
Predictable responses from the gaggle of Homer’s on this board..lol... it took them four years & it was all done through transfers and juco’s outside of Ponds... I’m talking about local/tri-state HIGH SCHOOL kids with 4 or 5 stars next to their names. where are they? Certainly not at SJU... after Ponds, Herron, Clark & Simon are gone after this year... we will be barren once again. Mullin barely leaves the campus, Ritchmond barely even acknowledges that he works here & St. jean has shown me nothing either. The only one earning his paycheck on the road is Matt. And no kids father is allowing his son to commit to a dwarf that has never played the game. Plus they have been pointing to this class as their breakthrough with the locals. Guess not. And if Mullin can’t get this team to the tourney it’s time to hang it up once again. Especially since the entire country knows we need at least ONE coach with actual experience on this level.... bozos
He's an angry elf....

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »
He's an angry elf....
Wow, great comeback douche.

When u can’t address the obvious recruiting/coaching problem call him names.

Bravo bozo!

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »
He's an angry elf....

Bravo bozo!

Angry little elf please tell me a better roster we’ve had in the last 15 years. Then tell me again what the recruiting problem is.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 10:30:37 AM »

Considering they have put together one of the better rosters we've had in almost 20 years I would say they're doing something right.
No doubt there is plenty of talent in this team. The problem is the majority of them are transfers/jucos with Ponds the ONLY high school player of note.

The problem is u need to build the foundation of ur team with h.s. kids & than supplement them with 2 or 3 transfers/jucos to be roster fillers at positions of need.

U can’t have sustained success when half or more of ur team leaves & u are left with a bunch of 2/3 star recruits to start the following season. Not a recipe for success imo.

Plus anyone with half a brain realizes Mullin needs a coach with a LOT of college experience coaching and recruiting. If u don’t see that u are blind as a bat.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 10:51:46 AM »
He's an angry elf....

Bravo bozo!

Angry little elf please tell me a better roster we’ve had in the last 15 years. Then tell me again what the recruiting problem is.
Well Bozo, I believe I addressed all ur points in my latest post in response to “SJUFAN”... unless they can FINALLY close on the numerous 4/5 star local recruits we are involved with our roster will be barren once again.... Get it now Einstein..lol

wpc77

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »
He's an angry elf....

Bravo bozo!

Well Bozo, I believe I addressed all ur points in my latest post in response to “SJUFAN”... unless they can FINALLY close on the numerous 4/5 star local recruits we are involved with our roster will be barren once again.... Get it now Einstein..lol

Do you enjoy coming into other people's houses and taking a big shit on their living room carpet? Because that's the message board equivalent of what you have done here. 

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »
He's an angry elf....
Ouch that one really hurt bozo..🙈

SJUFAN

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »

No doubt there is plenty of talent. Not a recipe for success imo.

That is what’s wrong with your position, it’s based on speculation. I too have concerns that this methodology isn’t sustainable however until I’m proven correct no one can argue that they haven’t recruited well. They have struck out on their HS targets, but yet still managed to have built a very talented roster. Now if the talent should fall off the cliff in the subsequent years, you can then call for the staff to be tarred and feathered.

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 11:34:57 AM »
So, on the one hand, we have plenty of talented players already on the team (all the guys you named, recruited by Matt and Chris) but, on the other, no parent or advisor is going to allow their kid to commit to a program with Matt as the primary recruiter.  Interesting.

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
He's an angry elf....

Bravo bozo!

Do you enjoy coming into other people's houses and taking a big shit on their living room carpet? Because that's the message board equivalent of what you have done here.
Not my fault im not a “homer” & are looking forward to having SUSTAINED success for the program. And u can’t have that until u start recruiting the 4/5 stars in ur own backyard & not relying on transfers/jucos EVERY year to fill out ur roster.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m PSYCHED for this season & I hope Mullin and his inexperienced coaching staff can take us a long way and do some major damage in the Big Dance.

Because once Ponds, Herron, Clark & possibly Simon leave we are basically back to square one next year UNLESS we can finally sign a local 4/5 star recruit.... once again, can’t wait to lace them up for this year!

Let’s Go Redmen!!🔴⚪️

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 11:42:40 AM »
So, on the one hand, we have plenty of talented players already on the team (all the guys you named, recruited by Matt and Chris) but, on the other, no parent or advisor is going to allow their kid to commit to a program with Matt as the primary recruiter.  Interesting.

What don’t u get genius?... ALL these players u mentioned are transfers/jucos... but a college team, especially SJU needs to sign local HIGH SCHOOL impact players... and they sure as hell aren’t doing that right now... Do u need me to draw u a diagram genius?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:44:43 AM by jd0871 »

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 11:51:28 AM »

No doubt there is plenty of talent. Not a recipe for success imo.

That is what’s wrong with your position, it’s based on speculation. I too have concerns that this methodology isn’t sustainable however until I’m proven correct no one can argue that they haven’t recruited well. They have struck out on their HS targets, but yet still managed to have built a very talented roster. Now if the talent should fall off the cliff in the subsequent years, you can then call for the staff to be tarred and feathered.
Agreed for the most part...but I don’t see any indications of that changing... Believe me I PRAY I am wrong... I was there to see Mullins first game in a johnnie uniform & want him to succeed anyway possible. I just don’t see it without having an experienced coach/recruiter on his staff to help that happen.