Game 9: Princeton

• 55 replies

redslope

Re: Game 9: Princeton
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2018, 08:34:19 PM »
For those not at the Garden today, We also beat Princeton in a Tic-Tac-Toe time out promotion.  PU students might be smart but have NO practical sense like us city kids.

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2018, 09:38:20 PM »
First game of the year I didn’t see. Ponds goes 10-14 from 2 bringing him up to 64% on the season. That is unbelievable. 9-0
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2018, 10:34:12 PM »
We will be 13-0 hosting Marquette on New Year's in front of a capacity crowd, be there for it.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »
We will be 13-0 hosting Marquette on New Year's in front of a capacity crowd, be there for it.

I like where your head is at!

Seemed like a pretty complete game minus the three point efficiency of our opponents again. I think they're over compensating helping closer to the paint because of Clark being the center. But I only see pockets of the game so I do not know how that checks out just an idea. I think it could be better when Keita comes back.   

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
I recorded the game and just watched it, very smooth offensive performance. I feel like on defense we switch when we sometimes don't have to leading to open looks from 3. Hopefully they can work out whatever is ailing them in that department before conference play begins. Otherwise the D looks ok.

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »
For those not at the Garden today, We also beat Princeton in a Tic-Tac-Toe time out promotion.  PU students might be smart but have NO practical sense like us city kids.

St. John's has a lot of students that excel at smaller sports and activities. We have national championships in bowling, chess, men's and women's fencing, debate...and some savants like The Schwab and a monster on jeopardy a few years back. 

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2018, 12:39:55 PM »
St. John's has a lot of students that excel at smaller sports and activities. We have national championships in bowling, chess, men's and women's fencing, debate...and some savants like The Schwab and a monster on jeopardy a few years back. 
The monster on Jeopardy is a close friend of mine. Reads every book and has unbelievable memory. Can tell you what Abraham Lincoln's third cousin's sister's husband's second grade teacher's name was.

tnice

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2018, 01:33:31 PM »

Line of the day from the crowd: Ponds took one of their kids into the lane, shake and baked him, absolutely broke his ankles and laid it in. Somebody yells at the Princeton kid "THAT WASNT ON THE SAT'S!!"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:34:10 PM by tnice »

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
The monster on Jeopardy is a close friend of mine. Reads every book and has unbelievable memory. Can tell you what Abraham Lincoln's third cousin's sister's husband's second grade teacher's name was.

Yea but Mr. Carlisle was really an exceptional teacher. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2018, 08:19:45 PM »
Yea but Mr. Carlisle was really an exceptional teacher. 
Mia kulpa! Called my friend to tell him he rated a mention on JJ. He goes to games but doesn't read or post on boards. He reminded me the show he was on where he won and earned $25,000 was not Jeopardy but a history game show (which I already forgot the name of but it was on TV). He also reminded me that he didn't even go to St. John's a fact I am well award of but I guess I just got caught up in the memory of his achievement and the fact he is so damn smart. Apologies.

Foad

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2018, 08:37:43 PM »
He reminded me the show he was on where he won and earned $25,000 was not Jeopardy but a history game show (which I already forgot the name of but it was on TV). .

Was it Are You Smarter Than an Earth Grader?

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »
Was it Are You Smarter Than an Earth Grader?
Your follow question incentivized me to call him back. The name of the show was The History IQ

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 12:02:20 AM »
Not a big fan of reinventing the wheel.

Don't like it when coaches go for two point conversions in the first period of previously scoreless games or when coaches don't start 3 of their best 5 players. However, I must admit that for this brilliant coach it worked.  Johnnies had a 2 pt. lead when the starters came in at the 1st media timeout. More importantly Hammer had no fouls.

Mullin was great in the press conference. "Coaches decision!"  Walden seems to have a bad head cold.  He couldn't stop sniffling.

When we are playing unselfishly, the spacing is good and we're really moving the rock, it's a thing of beuty.  To have five athletic players who can all shoot from outside and create off the bouce is a very dangerous thing.

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »
Mia kulpa! Called my friend to tell him he rated a mention on JJ. He goes to games but doesn't read or post on boards. He reminded me the show he was on where he won and earned $25,000 was not Jeopardy but a history game show (which I already forgot the name of but it was on TV). He also reminded me that he didn't even go to St. John's a fact I am well award of but I guess I just got caught up in the memory of his achievement and the fact he is so damn smart. Apologies.

The contestant I was referring to was on college jeopardy, and that girl made it to the finals...may have won it, but I don't remember.

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »
The contestant I was referring to was on college jeopardy, and that girl made it to the finals...may have won it, but I don't remember.

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=99

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »
http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=99

The girl I remember is Asian, but my memory is starting to fade quickly.